Part One - The Major Arcana - 9

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:21 pm

Someone going their own way for a bit, needing to be alone or wanting to spend some time in private contemplation. I have never thought of this card as being a lonely card, more like someone who needs or wants to be alone for a bit.

luv2pur

IX The Hermit

Post by luv2pur » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:59 am

The light at the end of the tunnel is not a train, its the hermit and when all is dark he may light your way, but he will not stay long to help you with your journey, he will guide u thru darkness and light up the path to the fork where he stops leaving you to use the wisdom within yourself.  His light brings hope.

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Sun May 06, 2007 6:09 pm

IX The Hermit: Holding the lamp of knowledge. Spiritual or university studies, perhaps. I
would think with all his studies, he'd make a wise council. The colors in this card are muted. Lots of inward thinking and studying.

MysticCrystal

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Mon May 28, 2007 5:53 am

I don't know how to make my file size of my pictures smaller, so won't bother posting them as they are tooo big.

I think the Hermit is about inner sanctions, having sometime to process stuff that other people can't help you with.  It is a time to reflect and be alone, which i certainly don't believe is a negative thing.  It could also be about healing, in my other deck the hermit's hand is resting on a egg timer thing, not sure of the real name, so I think it is about time is the healer.  The lamp in the RW deck suggests to me that your way is lit, and you haven't lost your way, but again just need to go within yourself for a time.  

Chooky

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Mon May 28, 2007 6:32 am

I think I have the size right...
Attachments
The Hermit 001.jpg
The Hermit 001.jpg (33.99 KiB) Viewed 3044 times

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon May 28, 2007 4:38 pm

What an eery mystical picture, thanks :)

George

Post by George » Mon May 28, 2007 8:16 pm

Chooky wrote:I think I have the size right...
well, your cards are getting intresting!  :smt004

i for one would like to see more as you go through the lessons!

good luck in your studies and have a very good day!  :smt002
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

dreamfairy

The Hermit

Post by dreamfairy » Thu May 31, 2007 7:46 pm

The Hermit - A solitary man, cautious, thoughtful.  Standing on a snow covered mountain, away from other people.  I feel that he chooses the solitude, it isn't forced upon him, he chooses the period alone for self-examination, learning more about himself.   He follows his own path.  I feel that he is wise and he uses the lantern to guide others on their path of enlightenment when he has gained the wisdom himself.  I feel that the only time solitude would be sad, would be if he didn't use the time alone to learn more about himself on a spiritual level, but withdrew because of loneliness or because he had difficulty in relating to others.
Dreamfairy
Peace & Light.

weezerwall

Re: Part One - The Major Arcana - 9

Post by weezerwall » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:11 pm

Gem wrote:Image

The Hermit, silent and calm, perhaps dark? Holding things inside? Spiritual investigation? Wise council?
For me this card does reflect a type of calming silence.  I think the Hermit is suggesting a "rest" - that the "fool's journey" makes us weary and that it's necessary to go to a place where we can be quiet, meditate and reflect. It's time to "retreat" inward for a while.

Like the Fool, the Hermit also "travels light" - without much (visible) baggage.  Perhaps he doesn't need much since unlike the Fool he's acquired some awareness, maturity and the wisdom that experience (age?) often brings. (His older appearance and the fact that he's carrying a lantern and a staff suggest these things to me.

Why choose the lantern and staff? Does the Hermit think  that the journey inward may lead to places which are dark or previously undiscovered?  The lantern and staff will help him navigate when the time comes.  

I don't think this card necessarily has to be about loneliness.  More so it's about spending time alone - gratefully and peacefully with oneself - the best travel companion at this stage of the journey.

Warmest,
Weezer

Dcruddy

Hermit

Post by Dcruddy » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:54 pm

To me the Hermit represents the desire to turn away from the getting and spending of society to focus on the inner world. He seeks answers within and knows that they will come only with quiet and solitude.  ~Jennifer~
~  Jennifer  ~
"What You Think About, You Bring About"
  - Louise Hay

pamDemonium

Post by pamDemonium » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:52 pm

I don't see the Hermit as a negative card or lonely (praps cos I'm quite comfy in my own company).

Hermits are hermits because they choose to be. It isn't forced upon them. They remove themselves from the material world, the cares of the world. They are content with few possessions and amble along their way perhaps contemplating the 'bigger' things of life.

I think if we look at the Fool's journey, he has just come thro some pretty hectic albeit successful times (see chariot and strength). So now is the time to for him to retreat for a while, life is not all work. Contemplate the important things of life. The lit up windy road indicates that the answers are within us if we take some time out. But I think it is a time of patience, not making rash decisions.
Attachments
9.jpg
9.jpg (15.54 KiB) Viewed 3053 times

infinitii525

Post by infinitii525 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:58 pm

The Hermit makes me think of a humble wise soul. I see a teacher to guide you on your journey.

SandiLJ

The hermit

Post by SandiLJ » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:55 pm

I, see him as a person who is deep in thought, for he considers everything that he hears for, he will only tell you the truth if. Even if it hurts he also is a person, who likes to be alone most of the, time their is a dark side to him, a side that you would only see, if you bothered him to much for he would. Rather be alone than to be bothered for, he is on a spritual journey & only, he can go on this personal walk alone!. Sometimes the best decisions that we need to, make for our life is when we, are all alone so that we can, think about how it will effect our lives, that is also what I got from him. SandiLJ
SandiLJohnson

grmrsan

Post by grmrsan » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:28 am

Forest-
Solitude, quiet, even a quiet wisdom. An old man, possibly crotchety if you approach him wrong standing by himself on a starry hill. This is a good card for quiet time, time to just kick back without any distractions and figure it all out. The staff of wisdom and the light of truth the only things he needs right now. A teacher. One thing I like about this picture is all the stars around him, maybe he's not as alone as he thinks? Maybe those stars are other seekers, with thier own lights waiting for thier truths to be discovered, and waiting for the opprtunity to show him what they've learned.  
Or maybe the heat is really getting to me and I'm crazy. With solitary old hermits you never can tell. :smt003 \

Dragon-
This one emphasises the actual study aspect of the card. The dragon is away from everyone else where he can learn to his hearts content without being bugged. There are lots of suggested dragon and human faces, and some runes mixed into the shadows on the rocks, these would seem to be hiiden knowledge. The truths he's trying to see better? A very calm and relaxing card. Theres a faint rainbow border aound the edges of this one and the sky is pretty and bright. Instead of searching the darkness, this one wants to see clearly in the light.
Attachments
the hermit.jpg
the hermit.jpg (53.65 KiB) Viewed 3040 times

grmrsan

Post by grmrsan » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:24 pm

Ok, I'm nuts, today there isn't a rainbow border arond that card. I got heatsick last night, though definatlt wasn't feeling too great, probably why I saw it weird.

Return to “Tarot Homework”