Part One - The Major Arcana - 9

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

littleone22

Post by littleone22 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:25 am

The Hermit shows a lonely time in your life when you have to contemplate what to do next! The lamp is a guiding beacon of light and teamed with the golden staff it shows that you will recieve what you strive for!m Sometimes in life we need to be alone as other people can cloud the judgement and make you think you want things that you dont want! It is this alone time that can make the future clearer and you will be certain of what you want!  love littleone22  :smt006

Cheyenne

The Hermit

Post by Cheyenne » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:02 am

I think this card means spending time alone. Taking time of to find deeper understandings of life in general of a specific situation. Or to find truth of a matter. Maybe this card has to do with looking for guidance or trying to guide someone. It looks like she lost something and is trying to find it. I feel like she is discontent with what she knows right know so she’s digging further to get to the root of it all.
Attachments
TheHermit.JPG
TheHermit.JPG (110.55 KiB) Viewed 5507 times

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:53 pm

He seems to be on journey down a dark narrow path, in search for the truth.
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

arianna

Post by arianna » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:16 am

Time to re focus to look inside for the answers that you already have - meditate and take time for you  and your needs time to re- energize
I wish that your dreams stay big and worries stay small

Sabra

Re: Part One - The Major Arcana - 9

Post by Sabra » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:41 am

Gem wrote:Image

The Hermit, silent and calm, perhaps dark? Holding things inside? Spiritual investigation? Wise council?

This is a seeker going within and growing spiritually.  It is a break away from the Hierophant to discover the truer nature of life versus the conditioning that he or she has been given throughout life.

The Hermit is standing alone by choice.
Attachments
hermit.jpg
Thoth Deck - The Hermit
hermit.jpg (10.66 KiB) Viewed 5487 times

winniewoo

Post by winniewoo » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:22 am

The hermit has a staff in his left hand and the lantern of truth in his right. He is well grounded and has learned many leassons he is willing to share with others. He is alone but not lonly. He may have sought seclusion to contemplate the many truths he has learned.  This card may represent open-mindedness and the willingness to share the many lessons you have learned. It could possible represent someone who is willing to counsel you and help you on your path.
What lies behind you and what lies before you matters not. However, what lies within you is of great importance.

pirbid

My Hermit says...

Post by pirbid » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:23 pm

"I choose to be by myself, which is what I need right now to understand and gain new insights. My inner light will guide me and I will not feel alone".

I see some people tend to dislike this card, but I love it very much, just as I love being alone for as long as I can get away with it. And I never feel lonely!  :)

The Spiral is the only one I've seen that seems to depict a woman, with a more passionate colored robe than the usual gray: seeking inner truth with a passion? She is also the only one facing us and seems to invite us to follow her example and just be more receptive, like the High Priestess. May be I am reading too much into this card, but I do find it quite curious.

In Robin Wood's, the accent is more on the light that may guide us in our search and the blue background takes us back to the sphere of the mind.

The Ancestral Path's is really gorgeous, with the image of a truly old, wise, benevolent guide that awaits us whenever we want to follow his calm path.

windspirits

The Seeker

Post by windspirits » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:47 pm

The seeker is a very wise person.  The seeker will show you the light in the darkness.  The seeker can be trusted, for the seeker has crossed many paths and learned many lessons.  The seeker will share their passion for knowledge with you when asked, and you will be able to guide yourself or others with this knowledge.  The seeker will warn you of the various dangers you will come upon on your journey, but you will be able to continue with confidence.
Attachments
9-The Seeker.jpg
9-The Seeker.jpg (16.95 KiB) Viewed 5627 times
Feel the gentle winds of the windspirits

TravellingChristy

Post by TravellingChristy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:27 pm

The hermit is one who feels alone.  He is very unsure of everything around him.    He keeps things inside.  He is a follower instead of a leader.
Christy

farafina

Post by farafina » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:51 pm

Waw Travelingchristy, I see exactly the OPPOSITE. This is someone who is very confident and wise, and who seeks solitude on purpose in order to meditate. From retreating within one self we are able to find the truth and then later we can return to the world as a guide and a sage.
:)
Incredible how from one reader to another, interpretations differ ! ;)

appylover

Post by appylover » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:10 am

Feeling alone,or wanting to be alone by yourself. Spending time by yourself to reflect on the things you have done in your life or want to do. Seeking spiritual guidence.

mary grace gabriel

THE HERMIT

Post by mary grace gabriel » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:27 pm

WISDOM, TRUTH, DISCOVERY, LIGHTS AS I CAN FEEL IS A REALIZATION OF PRESENT SITUATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF EVERYTHING, SOMEONE PROTECTING OR GUIDING SOMEONE
your angel

pirbid

New decks!

Post by pirbid » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:17 pm

Since I am used by now to the many differences among these 3 decks and others I also have, I was surprised at how similar all Hermits are.

Marchetti's is just a more artistic version of RW's and he is facing the other way, but he conveys the same meaning to me, so this is the easiest to read for me.

Llewellyn's portrays the famous Merlin, so to the Hermit's usual wiseness and solitude he adds power and magic and the ability to lead others. Still, the image is very similar to RW's, except for the snake, maybe.

And finally the Universal Hermit looks younger, straighter and more like he is guarding a castle or tower than the light of wisdom.
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

beleever

Post by beleever » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:03 am

Depicted by a lady throwing out what looks like a rainbow path towards him showing him the way, she is holding wheat which is said to represent the divine harvest, the long and fruitful life. When I first saw this card I thought of a loner, but I think it is about taking some time out to find the real you and what you stand for and getting back on your life path.

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:45 am

Wow Beleever you have been very busy well done :) Hope you are enjoying things :)

Return to “Tarot Homework”