Part One - The Major Arcana - 9

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Part One - The Major Arcana - 9

Post by Gem » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:41 pm

The Hermit, silent and calm, perhaps dark? Holding things inside? Spiritual investigation? Wise council?
Last edited by Gem on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chrisdee

The Hermit

Post by chrisdee » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:48 pm

once the seed of thought is there it can grow use discipline and patience to hear your inner voice this isn't just for the few but for all who want to connect to the voice with in  .the name The Hermit makes me think of a wise man which could be a teacher or role model
Attachments
Hermit.jpg
The Hermit
Hermit.jpg (41.3 KiB) Viewed 12568 times

daffodil

Post by daffodil » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:03 pm

The Hermit:
Inner guidence through meditation can help us reach our peak or attain a goal , just as the Hermit has his light to guide so too do we, learning to listen to our own council or that of someone we trust, and knowing when it feel's right.
Daff
“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”

~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

ellis

Loneliness and reflection

Post by ellis » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:12 am

The Hermit for me is all about spending some time on your own developing a relationship with yourself. I know that sounds wierd but so many people, especially women I am afraid, spend so much time running around and caring and taking responsibility for other people that they forget to look after themselves. The Hermit tells them that they need to take themselves out of the day to day activities for a while and relax, spending time reflecting on what it is they want out of life.

The Hermit can also indicate the loneliness felt by someone left behind after a bereavment or the loneliness of the partner who stays at home whilst their other half goes to work and then finds ways to relax that do not include them.

Also notice the Hermit carries a lantern which represents a guiding light in the dark so he can also represent a person who is wise and indifferent to your situation that can offer impartial advice. Almost like the Heirophant in many respects. The Hermit can show the path to enlightenment.
Attachments
9.jpg
9.jpg (15.61 KiB) Viewed 12558 times
I believe that one can have a personal, spiritual relationship with God without practicing religion

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:28 am

The Hermit...I see him as being someone who feels alone or who is alone with his thoughts however secure or insecure they may be - or perhaps even secret.  Note the bumpy road/path he is standing on (Gems card).   The road to one's future may not always be known or clearly marked out for us, but if you have the light (open mind, clear thinking) and the strength of the staff (perhaps a friend/confidant/advisor) to help keep you upright, you will travel your road with relative ease - one step at a time.
O    O
   oo
**___**

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:18 pm

Hi MissEm,  thanks for joining in.

We have the beginning of the course here http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=24380 If you would like to join us, then the cards run from 0 The Fool through to 21 :)

Will you be using the Rider Waite deck?

lavirgo

Post by lavirgo » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:40 pm

maybe a time to reflect on things,  even enlightment as i feel its also a card of spirituality/meditating.  
in one hand he holds a staff (one support), the other hand holds lantern infront of him (another support), yet his head is bowed and eyes shut, as if he seeks some other type of support or guidance.  

i always think of this card as having to be alone, or being left alone or feeling alone, but that it is necessary.

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:48 pm

It looks a sad card to me, perhaps being lonely and alone? I agree Lavirgo :)

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:52 pm

Thanks Gem.  I will join you

I don't have the Rider-Waite deck.  Mine is the Mythic one which I've herad mixed reports on from the various forums here but I'll stick with it for the time being.
O    O
   oo
**___**

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:05 pm

Thats fine  MissEm, Lavirgo is using the Mythic too, and there is also a full set of Major Arcana of the Rider Waite pictures posted here...http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=24410

Bear in mind that your interpretations may vary from the ones people give that are using another deck. You can also download the free Learn Tarot Software so that you will understand the influence the Rider Waite deck has over others and why it is chosen for tarot classes. http://mysticboard.org/di ... tware.html

*Star*

Re: 9 - The Hermit

Post by *Star* » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:29 pm

Gem wrote:Image
retreat, time for yourself, introspection,  insight into our own issues,

or seek answers to the mysteries of life.

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:35 am

Thanks Gem

I had noted that others interpretations and comments on crds were slightly different.  I will look to the rider-waite deck on the board for future discussions.

Thank you! :)
O    O
   oo
**___**

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:39 am

I just had another thought about The Hermit....

Could it be that he's shining the light for others to see him for the lonely man that he is?  Not for pity sake but just for recognition and understanding.  The staff/sythe (in the Mystic deck) is there for his own support and strength.  His face is still partly covered by his robes so he's not really wanting to show himself fully and its dark so a somewhat dimmed view of him is visible to others that choose to look.  Is he hiding something?  Is he insecure?
O    O
   oo
**___**

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:34 pm

The hermit card always appears as a lonely card but the hermit chose his path, he lights it for others to follow because he is the sum of introspective knowledge.  Many see the Hermit as foolish but the Hermit knows that mankind is full of folly and can't always be trusted with his knowledge.  You walk a rocky path when your on your own and different.
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

George

Re: 9 - The Hermit

Post by George » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:57 pm

Gem wrote:Image

The Hermit, silent and calm, perhaps dark? Holding things inside? Spiritual investigation? Wise council?

lonely, beong alone,  searching for the meaning of life and spiritual fulfillment.  one of the the darker looking cards in our Fool's journey.  dark greenish background as if at night with a lantern lighting his way. The light will lead his way but notice the light is not a flame but a star.  What is the star?  one thing for certain is that if we "light one candle" we are on our way to self and spiritual discovery.
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Return to “Tarot Homework”