Part One - The Major Arcana - 10

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

George

Re: 10 - The Wheel Of Fortune

Post by George » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:48 pm

Gem wrote:Image
from my book about the symbols of the card; if Gem, you don't mind me adding this book info compair to inuition.  

This is what it says under DESCRIPTION: "The four corners of this card depict the Four Living Creatures of Ezekiel.  Sitting on top of the Wheel is a Sphinx.  Reading clockwise, the wheel spells out the word Taro. Interspersed are the hebrew letters of IHVH (Jod-He-Vau-He) or Jehovah or God.  The left side has the serpent.  The right side depicts Hermes-Anubis, the Egyptian jackal-headed god.  All creatures have wings."

Under SYMBOLISM: "The upper left depicts an angel, Aquarius; the upper right, an eagle, Scorpio.  the lower left is a winged bull, Taurus.  The Lower right is a winged lion, Leo. These correspond to the fixed signs of the zodiac.  Inside the wheel are the signs for mercury (on top), sulphur (right), salt (left), and water (Aguarius)  below."

George

The Sante-fe Wheel of Fortune

Post by George » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:47 am

its has about the same meaning as the Waite's deck.
Attachments
santa_fe_wheel_fortune010.jpg
santa_fe_wheel_fortune010.jpg (78.51 KiB) Viewed 3020 times
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:39 am

Thanks George :)  I think that most people miss the sphinx there too?

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:22 pm

A change for bad or good. Perhaps some luck coming your way, the possibility of a prize or win. The wheel of fortune turns all the time so just because things are bad right now does not mean the wheel will not spin in your favour and grant you some good times too. Can occasionally indicate someone with a gambling habit.

luv2pur

x - Wheel of Fortune

Post by luv2pur » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:07 am

I like when I get the wheel of fortune it usually means good things are gonna happen, unless its reversed then your luck changes and depending on which spread it means to me that what im going thru is just the luck of the draw and fate will be fate and it always happens the way it is suposed to so this card appearing represents the best or the worst luck ...win it all or lose it all.

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Sun May 06, 2007 6:19 pm

X Wheel of Fortune: I really used to hate this card. Is my luck running out? Now I understand it to mean cosmic cycles, upright to me ususally means entering a beneficial cycle. There are angels at the top of the card there to help you. The blue soothes you into relaxing, because everything is going your way, for now.

MysticCrystal

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Mon May 28, 2007 11:12 am

To me this one seems like a cycle...I admit I am a bit stuck on this one...its a bit of a mixed bag... a time for learning, time for progress. I don't see it as a negative card.  Maybe we are free to go in any direction and possible to have success which ever direction we take.

Sorry about the quality of the attachment, but probably better than having an oversized picture!
Attachments
Wheel of Fortune.jpg
Wheel of Fortune.jpg (33.12 KiB) Viewed 3010 times

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon May 28, 2007 4:38 pm

Which deck is that from Chooky?

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Mon May 28, 2007 11:59 pm

From the Da Vinci Tarot, bought it the other day, I love the muted colours...

dreamfairy

The Wheel of Fortune

Post by dreamfairy » Thu May 31, 2007 8:00 pm

The Wheel of Fortune - this reminds me of a roulette wheel, luck, the wheel of fate. The wheel turns for better or worse.  I feel it tells you about the cycles of life, that changes are coming whether you want them or not and the best thing to do is to work with them and adjust to the changes, I feel the only time it would be a negative or uncomfortable situation would be if you tried to resist the changes, and not grow or learn from the lessons that change brings.

Dreamfairy
Peace & Light.

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:08 am

Thanks Dreamfairy :)

weezerwall

Re: Part One - The Major Arcana - 10

Post by weezerwall » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:11 pm

Gem wrote:Image

Try and think about your feelings when you look at the cards. Does the card make you feeling happy or sad? Frightened? Do you dread pulling it or it showing up in a reading?
"Some days you're up, some days you're down"!   :smt003  The Wheel of Fortune...words like "destiny", "fate" and "luck" come to mind.  There are SO MANY symbols in this card - I don't know where to look first!  Then when I visualize that this wheel is also turning - I feel dizzy!!  

Despite this, looking at this card generally evokes positive feelings in me. (I, too get a bit "shakey" when it comes up reversed). This card says that life is adventurous and that things work in turns of the wheel (cycles, phases, waves).  It reminds me that there is some kind of logic at work - the law of  "flow" - everything changes. When I'm "clear" - balanced  - then  KNOWING and ACCEPTING this gives me hope during "bad times" and makes me "humble/grateful" during the good ones.   Although we can't always be certain about the outcome of things, we CAN BE SURE that the wheel KEEPS TURNING.  I find some consolation in this "constant" - As long as the wheel keeps turning - we ALWAYS have "a chance" - to move forward, let go, make good or repeat the lesson.    

I also find it interesting that this card is number 10.  I read somewhere that 10 symbolizes transformation?

Thinking this way, I don't feel like a "victim of my own fate" during life's twists and turns. I'm sure that more often than not - my beliefs and actions influence which way the wheel turns.  (or is that just what a fool believes?)

Warmest,
Weezer :smt002

Dcruddy

The Wheel of Fortune

Post by Dcruddy » Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:58 pm

This card to me in a reminder that everything changes ~ absolutely NOTHING stays the same.  Both good and bad that happens in our lives.  Yes, this card could be a little frightening if everything in our lives has been going pretty good for awhile but we can't "expect the worst" with the next turn.  It's just a matter of accepting the next turn.  The change doesn't NEED to be bad or forboding ~ merely a change.  Like the seasons.  ~Jennifer~
~  Jennifer  ~
"What You Think About, You Bring About"
  - Louise Hay

pamDemonium

Post by pamDemonium » Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:56 pm

Oh this is an exciting card. Blues skies ahead. I totally agreed with an earlier post who described it as a roulette wheel. I see this too but I see that my luck is in! Big changes from the old ways and all is good.........unless of course it is reversed.  And cards surrounding it should give indication of what the changes might relate to  ie romance, finances.  I agree with others that a 'wheel' is about cycles......life cycles and the phrase 'what goes around, comes around'
Attachments
10.jpg
10.jpg (15.79 KiB) Viewed 3079 times

SandiLJ

The WheelOf frotune

Post by SandiLJ » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:06 pm

This card represents all of the different stages, of life that we will go through, & that we nedd to be able to adjust, our lives to what ever is going, on in our lives for you have, one life so try to live it as. wisely as you can try to have, something for a rainy day. For you never know what is going, to happen in your life through all, of the different stages of your life,it is interresting to see just what it can tell you about your life, at that moment of your life!.SandiLJ
SandiLJohnson

Return to “Tarot Homework”