Part One - The Major Arcana - 10

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Part One - The Major Arcana - 10

Post by Gem » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:28 pm

Try and think about your feelings when you look at the cards. Does the card make you feeling happy or sad? Frightened? Do you dread pulling it or it showing up in a reading?
Last edited by Gem on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chrisdee

The wheel of Fortune

Post by chrisdee » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:20 pm

In the back ground there are three faceless people which to me represent past/youth present/maturity future/old age The wheel contains the 12 houses ,as the wheel revolves it Marks the passing or time which brings changes that we may or may not wish for the figure at the top of the wheel as every thing going for him but stands with his hands held high as we can see by the figure that as fallen off if we dont take care we to could take a fall but as the wheel is always turning we can lesson the pain of getting back to the top if we think more maturely/dont over react emotionally and dont get excessively attached to anything ruled by Jupiter we will get what we need not what we wont
Attachments
w.jpg
w.jpg (46.49 KiB) Viewed 11719 times

*Star*

Re: 10 - The Wheel Of Fortune

Post by *Star* » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:39 pm

Gem wrote:Image

a change for either good or bad. depends, the kind of situation the querent is currently facing. since, its turning of events, it could indicate good to bad or bad to good. OR perhaps, good to even better and bad to even worse. regardless of the what the change is, it will not stay for long, because the wheel of fortune is constantly turning

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:23 pm

The Wheel of Fortune

Fortune?  Not sure about that.  I ldon't like this card.  I look at it and feel a little frightened by it.  It's surrounded by darkness with only a small window of beauty/happiness.

We are all on the wheel of life and at any given point, each one of us will be moving on to the next phase of our lives.  It would seem there are 3 generations of women on the card, the young woman on the bottom, her mother to the top right, and the grnadmother to the top left.  Is the Grandmother (with the sheers) always there ready and waiting to cut the younger ones down as they wind their way through their lives.

It suggests to me that there are many external forces as we go round the on the wheel of life.  As the wheel turns, there will be times of climbing up and things will be relatively easy.  Unfortunatley though, what comes up must come down.  You will have times in your life where things are harder and you have to really work to climb back up again.  Life is a constant struggle and as you near the top of the wheel, for that short time, you see a glimpse of the clear world that lies beyond.  Blink and the top of the wheel is no longer.

So I feel sad now after looking at this one.  A feeling of 'will it ever end' or will it ever change from this constant up and down/round and round momentum.
Attachments
The Wheel of Fortune.JPG
The Wheel of Fortune.JPG (14.55 KiB) Viewed 11708 times
O    O
   oo
**___**

lavirgo

Post by lavirgo » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:54 am

the wheel of fortune card,   things are not always in our control, thats life.
although if this card comes up in a reading i see it as positive or neutral.

this is one of the cards that i always need additional cards to help understand more.  sometimes i feel the card is about good things coming or already happening, and sometimes i feel its just a card of fate, neither good nor bad, just that its whats meant to be at the time.

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:35 am

MissEm wrote:The Wheel of Fortune

Fortune?  Not sure about that.  I ldon't like this card.  I look at it and feel a little frightened by it.  It's surrounded by darkness with only a small window of beauty/happiness.

We are all on the wheel of life and at any given point, each one of us will be moving on to the next phase of our lives.  It would seem there are 3 generations of women on the card, the young woman on the bottom, her mother to the top right, and the grnadmother to the top left.  Is the Grandmother (with the sheers) always there ready and waiting to cut the younger ones down as they wind their way through their lives.

It suggests to me that there are many external forces as we go round the on the wheel of life.  As the wheel turns, there will be times of climbing up and things will be relatively easy.  Unfortunatley though, what comes up must come down.  You will have times in your life where things are harder and you have to really work to climb back up again.  Life is a constant struggle and as you near the top of the wheel, for that short time, you see a glimpse of the clear world that lies beyond.  Blink and the top of the wheel is no longer.

So I feel sad now after looking at this one.  A feeling of 'will it ever end' or will it ever change from this constant up and down/round and round momentum.
Hi MissEm i had always thought of the wheel of fortune as something that was a natural process that we go through in life so i feel good about  it and welcome change so as not to build over large egos but looking at your interpretation i can see where it comes from in the card and it does leave me feeling desperate to get to the top not a nice feeling

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:46 am

Hi CHrisdee

I think the natural process of life is full of ups and downs and in a more positive aspect, you do need to take the good with the bad.  It's a given really that you won't stay down forever an dperhaps you really do need to let nature take its course.  Some things come full circle and others don't - depends on outside influences perhaps. :)
O    O
   oo
**___**

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:14 am

That is a very interesting card MissEm, very spooky and has a tinge of big brother with it, the three witches toiling with us having a hand in our future?

The Rider Waite is much happier, brighter and joyous?

Remember that where the RW deck might have sunshine, the Mythic because of its different card designations may swop happiness to another card, so perhaps this W of F has a darker more edgy and wary feeling for a reason?

You are right, its your feelings that need to be imprinted and bonded here, don't try and force or memorise RW meaning onto your set or you may well get confused.

Chris is using the Celestial deck...

Why don't you both try a true Rider Waite interpretation ..? I bet you both agree on that cards image and interpretation?

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:57 pm

Why don't you both try a true Rider Waite interpretation ..? I bet you both agree on that cards image and interpretation?[/quote]

The wheel of Fortune Rider Waite
This card has a happy feel to it the wheel is suspended so it makes me feel we have a helping hand from above in are journey to enlightenment The wheel continually turns passing through the years represented by the four figures/Angels one in each corner Taurus/earth Leo/fire Scorpio/water and Aquarius/Air continually changing and evolving the nature of every living thing the symbols in the centre representing mercury, sulphur, water, and salt symbolic of ordinary elements that can transform to make a perfect fifth meaning daily experiences have the potential to transform ordinary people into enlightened beings the snake warns that life does not run smooth but is a roller-coaster with cause and effect the sphinx holds the sword of discrimination indicating you can sit at the top when you know when to hold fast and become involved and when to let go and let God -That said there are many more symbols in this card(I did my home work on this one) The meaning i feel is that time stands still for no one its got ups and downs don't resist change and things will be easier

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:50 pm

i always feel that the wheel of fortune is an ok card to draw.  To me it signifies that events will continue regardless of what you try to do to change them.  the card itself is neither negative or positive and the cards around it will dictate how the card should be interpreted.  I sometimes feel with this card its a warning to the querant, its says things go on regardless of what you want so live with it.
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:54 pm

Why don't you both try a true Rider Waite interpretation ..? I bet you both agree on that cards image and interpretation?
yr right Gem, this is a card that is more pleasing to the eye.

I still see a natural process or an evolution of a person on the wheel of life.  Each of the winged creatures in the four corners of the card has an open book.  To me this indicates that as you travel through yr life or at any point on the wheel, nothing is really left to chance.  It is yr destiny to be at that place in yr life - "and so it is written". :)  You are guided by external forces (Angles of the Apocalypse) in all that you do.  

As each turning point in the wheel comes about, new things will happen or unfold before you.  Take it in yr stride and  perhaps be curious of whats to come, have a little foresight, be courageous, and be strong (the winged man, eagle, bull, and lion in each corner) but overall know that this is the direction you (and everyone) must travel.
O    O
   oo
**___**

ellis

Luck is changing

Post by ellis » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:07 am

For me the wheel of fortune first signifies that the person I am reading for has been suffering a run of bad luck but this is all about to change. Things will start getting better. As the wheel moves (as it constantly does in sync with time itself) a new phase of luck (good or bad) starts to unfold. For me the mythic tarot offers a good image. The women portrayed are weaving their threads through time making things happen for this person. The person themselves is represented upon the wheel. Climbing up (good fortune) in perfect Zen state (life could not be better) falling down (bad luck returns) under the wheel (everything is getting on top of you. This image shows us that life and luck is constantly changing and we must adapt to meet its changing state.
Attachments
10.jpg
10.jpg (17.59 KiB) Viewed 6513 times
I believe that one can have a personal, spiritual relationship with God without practicing religion

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:10 am

Chris and Em, thats lovely :) Thanks  i think this might be why collecting tarot decks gets to be compelling and impulsive lol, card your purses!!

Ellis, thats an unusual card, would the planets be the sun and the moon then?

George

Re: 10 - The Wheel Of Fortune

Post by George » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:25 pm

Gem wrote:Image

Try and think about your feelings when you look at the cards. Does the card make you feeling happy or sad? Frightened? Do you dread pulling it or it showing up in a reading?
I see this card as a very positive card (and should be very interesting to read if other students don't.  I don't read anyone’s responses until I’ve done the lesson myself. I don't even use the book, of course.)  

If feels as if knowledge has been unlocked or will be unlocked.  The sphinx seems to be guarding it by sitting on top of it with a sword (as the cherubim guarded the Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden.  All the creatures surrounding the card are reading books on clouds as if the wheel is suspended in the air.  A lighter green of sky then the Hermit as if he found is path in a brighter part of the day.  Once again we see a serpent maybe he is there to temp the Fool.   The Wheel rest on the back of I’m not sure so I did look that up!
From my book it says it is “Hermes-Anubis, the Egyptian jackal-headed god.”   If I remember right that Anubis is the god of death or a leader to it or something like that. I’m not going go that deep into it right now anyway. Overall the card is of knowledge of life, death, spiritual, material and etc. everything that we can learn on our journey.  Maybe a card of learning in a reading.

i think i have pulled this card for someone and it was just a positive card.  it would be intresting to see if it can become neagtive!  it more reminds of things are what they are and not necessary good or bad they are what they are.   :smt002

Also I know it is a good sign for good luck!
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

George

Post by George » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:29 pm

MissEm wrote:The Wheel of Fortune

This is intresting i thought before i say the card you are reading it from.  at first i thought wow what a different menaing then i was feeling then i scrolled down and saw your card!   :smt002
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Return to “Tarot Homework”