Part One - The Major Arcana - 11

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

arianna

Post by arianna » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:21 am

Total harmony and balance - The scales are not being tipped one way or the other - I get fairness from this card getting what you deserve - Of course I guess that could go both ways couldn't it - lol but I get a sense that things will turn out for the best
I wish that your dreams stay big and worries stay small

Sabra

Re: Part One - The Major Arcana - 11

Post by Sabra » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:23 am

Gem wrote:Image

Regal and imposing or just and fair?
It could be any of the above depending on the point of view.   As a former legal assistant, I have found that the justice system isn't what we expect or hope for it to be.  I have come to see justice to be a very relative term, especially when left in the hands of most humans.

In the card, the scales are balanced, which makes me think of Karma, the only true justice.  I definitely see cause and effect.

If someone asked a legal question and this card came up, I'm not quite sure how I would interpret it.  I think that I would have to let the surrounding cards give clarification.  If karmically speaking, I think that the situation would rule in favor of the person that I'm reading for.

I really feel like I'm rambling on here, because I don't feel a close connection to this card, and I'm sort of just wandering along and exploring as I write.

----
I never noticed before, but in the Thoth deck, the numbering is different.  It is number VIII and is referred to as 'Adjustment'.  The symbology seems to me to be richer, but it is also much more elusive.
Attachments
adjustment.jpg
Thoth Deck - Adjustment
adjustment.jpg (11.38 KiB) Viewed 5038 times

winniewoo

Post by winniewoo » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:46 am

Justice holds a sword in her right hand and the balance scales in her left, no blindfold so she sees clearly. She is sitting between two pillars. The duality in life, good and evil. Since Justice can see clearly she will give us balanced and fair judgment. Justice will make sure the right thing is don in the end. Open mindedness without preconceived ideas. It it  about a lawsuit the system will give you an honest assessment. Fairmindedness. Fair decision. Justice makes her conclusions without discrimination with all the evidence present.
What lies behind you and what lies before you matters not. However, what lies within you is of great importance.

pirbid

My RW Justice says...

Post by pirbid » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:43 pm

"I am frank, honest, intelligent and you can trust me to see things as they are and to treat you fairly. Is that how you treat yourself and others?"

I always think of Justice as the Saintly Patroness of the Suit of  Swords, maybe what swords aspire to become in time.

Spiral's is a fairly typical image. Just as in RW, the throne, its columns and its background remind me strongly of the High Priestess, a little as if the Priestess was now ready to share some of her wisdom. The difference in this card is the peacock feathers behind, which I have also seen depicted in someone else's deck posted in this thread. Did I understand they stand for immortality? I have no idea what they mean, so would welcome any clues  :smt017 .

Robin Wood's is a strong, close up image, with her red robes of power, like those of the Emperor and the Hierophant. The positions in their thrones are also very similar, so it seems we are dealing with the social power of Justice. I also like the fact that we can see a glimpse of nature behind: acting according to natural laws, maybe?

The Ancestral Path is quite different. The girl seems, young, inexperienced, somehow held to the throne that seems too big for her. She does not even have the strength to hold the sword and is blindfolded to top it all off. Also, vines seem to be eating into the stone foundation of the throne. This card speaks to me of unwillingness to commit an answer, inability to do so fairly. But mainly it raises the question of wether any of us has the right to judge another. Are we ever in a position to do so? We never have all the facts (clear vision) or the maturity to be fair, or even the strength to enforce our law. So maybe we are very small indeed in the face of natural laws and should let things take their own course without interfering.
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

glenellen

Post by glenellen » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:45 am

Justice.... the scales are balanced but that doesnt mean in your favour there is a sword,  which could mean a fight to get what you want this is one person a human deciding your faith he may be just and fair in his decision but is he right

windspirits

Justice

Post by windspirits » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:25 pm

As for me this card represents decisions will be justified, but we have to be careful of the underhanded dealings or obstacles that might be in our path.  The scales are balanced with positive and negative, but they could take a turn in either direction.  We will be held accountable for our actions, our emotions and our dealings on day to day bases perhaps even more.
Attachments
10-Justice.jpg
10-Justice.jpg (16.16 KiB) Viewed 4996 times
Feel the gentle winds of the windspirits

TravellingChristy

Post by TravellingChristy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:39 pm

One who judges others.  I see this person sort of hypocrital.  Judges others, but doesnt like to be judged.  Speaks loudly to be heard and then waits.  Weighs out the good and the bad.  Justice will be served in the end :)
Christy

farafina

Post by farafina » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:12 am

This card to me is one of the NEUTRAL  cards. It is true that each time I have found it in my spread, it was about a legal issue like a divorce, or a legal litigation etc.
The trouble I have is to know whether that means it is in favour of the querent or not...   :smt017

appylover

Post by appylover » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:47 am

Here is a man who would be a judge. He would decide your fate by weighing the good and bad,pros and cons to come to a fair and just decision or judgement. Maybe it represents a legale issue in the future or being on a jury where it will be up to you to come up with the right decision.

pirbid

New decks!

Post by pirbid » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:06 pm

Justice is an easy enough figure to recognize, as long as you get a woman with a sword and scales. It is interesting how the influence of RW makes this card and Strength hold their present positions rather than the old ones in all 3 decks.

The Universal Justice is quite sexy and her scales are so convoluted that I had to look at them closely to see them for what they are. Still, I find it quite beautiful.

The Guilded Justice has a cloth over her eyes and, instead of holding sword and scales, these seem to float up close while her hands give off light (the gift of truth,maybe?). There are other decks portraying Justice as blind, like the Ancestral Path's, for example. I always take those to mean not to be misleaded by appearances and to make the right decisions from your heart and not only your mind.

The Lady of the Fountain, in Llewellyn's, was also a truth seeker who put heroes to the test. Since she is in the midst of nature, this is the image I like best.
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:58 pm

This is a good card.As far as you have behaved well, you have nothing to fear!!! It's time justice to be done! You'll get just what you deserve... Your work and your efforts will be recognized and recompensed!
Very positive to me...(one of my favorites as well!!!)
Attachments
dikaiosyni.JPG
dikaiosyni.JPG (146.29 KiB) Viewed 5018 times

Clare

justice

Post by Clare » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:28 am

this woman is intelligent why her decisions are trusted, powerful but honest

deelitefullyme

X1 Justice

Post by deelitefullyme » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:05 pm

Although this card is justice, it does not give me any good feelings.  I don't know why but it just feels so harsh and ungiving.  It is what it is.  Those are the rules.  There is no wavering from the set of rules.

The scale would weigh the decision made to determine the outcome of our future.  This is a universal justice.  I see it as a sorta karma.  You reap what you sow.  Don't go belly aching about the decision now.  It was made due to your past actions.  

The decision will be fair and just, BUT it is a universal justice (not man made).  Basically, the choices we've made have consequences.  Now is the time to be judged and given an outcome based on those choices.

Maybe I don't like this card because I am worried about my own karma  :smt017

Mandimedea

Post by Mandimedea » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:04 am

I see this card as the end result of what goes around comes around-justice or judgement.  So if you used the good fortune/luck given to you in a positive way, you will be justified to be given positive back and same with the negative aspect.  If you handle bad things happening to you in a negative way that will affect things as well.  Punishment or reward

hummingbirds

Post by hummingbirds » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:22 am

Justice, to me, represents both judgement and punishment, hence the sword and the scales. This, to me, represents karma more than the Wheel. Where as the other represents events, and the passage of time, Justice is the meaning behind the events.

Return to “Tarot Homework”