Part One - The Major Arcana - 11

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Tue May 29, 2007 12:22 am

Still trying to get picture right
Attachments
Justice.jpg
Justice.jpg (44.96 KiB) Viewed 3056 times

dreamfairy

Justice

Post by dreamfairy » Wed May 30, 2007 8:47 pm

Justice - Rider Waite.  Sword - The ability to reason and make decisions.  Scales - balance.  Honest assessment of the situation. Justice in legal situation.  If the inability to see reason, maybe if she was blindfolded, then injustice and imbalance occurs.  Acting unfairly, avoiding evaluation.

Dreamfairy
Peace & Light.

weezerwall

Re: Part One - The Major Arcana - 11

Post by weezerwall » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:22 pm

Gem wrote:Image

Regal and imposing or just and fair?
Hmmm. :smt017  Yes, he DOES look regal and rather imposing.  What's noticeable for me  - this card doesn't evoke ANY strong feelings in me.  I have a more somber (questioning) mood when I look at it.

The images don't speak to me on an emotional level.... but maybe that's what it's about..

OBJECTIVITY, weighing, evaluating and analyzing things without putting any of my emotional value judgements on them.  That would make "justice" fair - blind to biases. (The sword may symbolize that we have to cut away our preconceptions etc. in order to be fair or let's say non-judgemental.)

Maybe it can also be a call to "justify" our own actions, decisions, beliefs etc. using less emotional filters or arguments.  Maybe this is the background to what was mentioned in other posts here (that in cases where legal actions are involved )- justice will "rule" in our favor. Our actions (or something about us) is  justified or "just".  

This card is definitely a call for balance and weighing options. I'll have to see what feelings I have or what's going on in my life the next time this card comes up in a reading for me.  Maybe I'll gain more insight that way.

Warmest,
Weezer

weezerwall

Post by weezerwall » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:24 pm

Chooky wrote:Still trying to get picture right
Hi Chooky,

I love the deck you're using!  The pictures are soooo expressive!  Could you tell me which deck it is?

Thanks and warm wishes!
Weezer

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:56 pm

Hi there Weezer

A new purchase about a month ago, the Da Vinci Tarot, I love them too.  The pictures are great, I really like how the colours are muted, and so much detail in the pictures (guess they would be seeings they are all taken from works of Da Vinci).

Chooky

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:59 pm

By the way Weezer,

Just wanted to add that I am really enjoying reading your posts, plus I like how you are using the colours.

Chooky

weezerwall

Post by weezerwall » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:32 pm

Chooky wrote:By the way Weezer,

Just wanted to add that I am really enjoying reading your posts, plus I like how you are using the colours.

Chooky
Hi Chooky!  Thanks alot for the info about the deck!  I'm enjoying your posts as well!!  Such nice, warm energy in this class!!

Hugs and warmest,
Weezer  :)

pamDemonium

Post by pamDemonium » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:27 pm

As a libran I can certainly identify with the scales.  Weighing up the pro's and con's; considering the viewpoint from every angle and finding peace when there is equilibrium or justice when the scales are balanced

My card is predominantly white, signifying peace, purity, truth and justice. The figure is an angel, reinforcing the feeling of prevailing truth.  In her hand she holds a sword, ready to sllice through anything to get to the truth.
Attachments
11.jpg
11.jpg (14.17 KiB) Viewed 3053 times

SandiLJ

Justice

Post by SandiLJ » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:22 pm

Isee her as a knoble person of reagle value for she upholds the law with kindness she listens to your situtation & is fair in giving you her decision the sword represents a swift decision, the scales represent the waite of situtation for which she must be careful in making so that she gives you the right decision she does not rush into making any decision for she weighs.  all of the facts. the crown represents the court for it was a honor to get that pistion that she is in so she does her best to uphold the law with sincer honesty. SandiLJ
SandiLJohnson

littleone22

Post by littleone22 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:56 am

Justice suggests that if you have done something bad you will get your comeuppance and also if someone has done something bad to you then they will get their comeuppance! This card can also show that help is on the way maybe during a legal dispute! love littleone22 :smt006

grmrsan

Post by grmrsan » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:20 am

celtic drgon-
A wise white dragon sits (ok, technically lays) in judgement over a pair of humans. The dragon is quite large, meaning that she is quite old.She's also wearing a crown and holding a staff in one hand and a scroll in the other. The two humans are hoding hands and standing together to recieve the judgement of this wise (ruler? leader?). There is only one path, the sides are sloped and unclimable, and the only awy to pass, is if the dragon allows it. I feel that everything that is pertinant to thier situation is written on the scroll, and that whatever happens here is the final say. Whether or not they pass is entirely out of thier hands now, and they must accept the judgement of the dragon or else...

Forest-

The judge sits on a simple stump, wearing a yellow gown with a red robe. She holds the scales in one hand, and a sword in the other. This card seems to suggest that she will cut to the truth of the matter, and weigh the pros and cons until she comes up with the most practical solution. Emotion has little or nothing to do with her reasoning, just the cold hard facts. I'm sure the red robe is very significant to some people, but here is another symbol thats lost on me. It suggest royalty, like the dragons crown in my other deck, so I suppose this card could also stand for a leader, one who is fair and unbiased, and will take whatever steps are neccesary to make sure everything moves along properly, but without compromising thier standards. I also think those standard would be quite high.
Attachments
justice.jpg
justice.jpg (54.38 KiB) Viewed 3134 times

Cheyenne

Justice

Post by Cheyenne » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:50 pm

I think this card somehow has connections with the Swords suit. I don’t know why maybe because of the sword pictured. I think this card is about wanting what is fair or what is rightfully yours. Because she's holding the scales she kinda reminds me of the astrologic sign Libra.

Also this has to do about keeping things in balance and it may even be constantly checking if everything is even and fair. Or weighing decisions.
Attachments
Justice.JPG
Justice.JPG (126.59 KiB) Viewed 3129 times

Delirium

Post by Delirium » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:46 pm

Justice
The card to me looks like she is about to say " you know what your due and so do I, so what are we going to do about it?" almost like the opportunity to turn yourself around if you need to.She has no blindfold so she can see right into us and our situation, no one can hide from thier karma so to speak.When I get this card in a reading I tend to see her warning the reader not to pass out there own Justice and to remember the univers has a long memory!

I've spoken with friends about this card before and had my interp disagreed with it would be great if any of you guys could give me any feed back.
BTW the Da vinci tarot is beautiful!    xxx

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:29 pm

The Rider Waite Justice card is a he sitting on a throne, much like the Emperor or  Kings. In the right hand is the sword and the left holds the scales.  This card is a lot about balance, fairness and weighing up good and bad. Is justice the main point here or is mercy?

The meaning of all the cards will vary with each deck so  make sure that you and your friends are using the same deck, then don't forget that what you see will be from your point of view, from your eyes based on your knowledge and experiences.

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:59 pm

The tiles leading to the woman suggest it has been a long path to her.  She is blindfolded as not to be swayed by appearances.  The scales suggest balance.  Reward and punishment will be administered as they have been earned.
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

Return to “Tarot Homework”