Part One - The Major Arcana - 12

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Part One - The Major Arcana - 12

Post by Gem » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:35 pm

How does this card make you feel? Scared, worried, unhappy? Or relieved and committed?

Image The Haindl Tarot. I love this one that has the chakras in rainbow form over the hanged man. His hair seems to merge into the ground and his feet fall from the trees branches giving a link from heaven and earth, spirit and the earth. So many hidden symbols in this one too. I think this card has a peaceful quality of knowing what must be done and accepting it?
Last edited by Gem on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chrisdee

The Hanged Man

Post by chrisdee » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:20 pm

Hanging upside down would tell me that he is confused about what direction to take in life ,hes looking at life from a different perspective one way leads to safety and comfort but as lost its meaning the other requires him to give something up of value in an act of faith as there is no guarantee just belief that it will be worthwhile he will have to take responsibility for his decision this waiting period is necessary for him to see past his confusion and know his true priorities in order to arrange his future when he has come to a decision things will move swiftly
Attachments
ha.jpg
ha.jpg (45.72 KiB) Viewed 11808 times

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:18 pm

Chris, that picture is very beautiful I love the horses. But I have to say...., surely what you have written comes from the Rider Waite card? The Celestial picture would make me feel totally different? How does it make you feel?

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:26 pm

The reply i wrote is what i see in the card as it is called the hanged man the main focus is on the small picture in the back ground i can see no other reason to willingly hang upside down than that you are at a loss as what to do next he doesn't look like hes struggling so it must be a decision between something good or something better the picture in the for ground tells me  he will come to a wise decision then things will move swiftly (he as grey hair so as become wise/ so is no longer confused  the horse moving at speed under control would indicate to me that this will start to move quiet fast in a controlled way)

please feel free to tell me your interpretation of the card

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:34 am

Well,  :smt010 I must admit I totally missed the tiny hanging man, I was so taken in by the glorious Neptune and the wonderful horse and the waves that I think that impression overwhelmed me? Now I see where you are coming from, the hanging upside down is almost secondary to the main picture, almost an afterthought, something in the past? If the card didn't have the name printed on it, It would be a real confusing one at first glance.  The symbology in these cards is amazing :) Could really do with a full size pic in my hand lol,

Thanks Chris, very interesting :)

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:56 am

The Hanged Man - Mythic Deck

I see someone not ruling with their head anymore.  He used to but perhaps it didn't give the desired outcome and now he's in trouble.  Was he perhaps misguided in trying to do the right thing, he actually did something wrong.  Now he has to bear the weight of his actions on his shoulders.  If only he had the foresight or even paid attention to it, things would be different.

In the Mythic deck, this is Prometheus (a Titan) who stole fire from Zeus to allow the creation of man to progress.  Zeus strung him up by the feet and got his eagle to rip Prometheus' liver out.  Prometheus was immortal so each time the eagle ate out his liver, it regrew.  This went on for many years until Zeus gave in and allowed Hercules to rescue Prometheus.

An intersting lot those Greek Gods! :)
Attachments
The Hanged Man.JPG
The Hanged Man.JPG (14.28 KiB) Viewed 6965 times
O    O
   oo
**___**

lavirgo

Post by lavirgo » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:22 am

the hanged man is seeing things differently now.  or needs to open up to see anothers point.  if something is difficult turn it around, there is another
way available but being open minded is needed.  i also see it as someone being narrowminded or conservative etc,  learning or becoming more relaxed and starting to lighten up.

ellis

What to do next

Post by ellis » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:40 am

For me the hanged man is a period of inaction whether intentional or not. It should be a period where the person you are reading for takes time out form day to day things and simply does nothing in order to give themselves time to analyse where they want to be and what they need to do to achieve it. In my experience the hanged man often suggests a time when people do nothing through fear of rejection and in escence achieve what they are afraid of (loneliness, or losing out on something) I will often ask my client what it is they think they will achieve by not taking the initiative.

In some circumstances, doing nothing is exactly the right thing to do but often this card advises to "sieze the day" quite literally. But it acn also suggest that the user does nothing "do not interfere" again it all depends on the surrounding cards but on its own this card, for me, suggests the user is waiting around for something to happen or someone to approach them rather than taking the initiative.
Attachments
12.jpg
12.jpg (19.26 KiB) Viewed 6961 times
I believe that one can have a personal, spiritual relationship with God without practicing religion

ellis

Interesting

Post by ellis » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:44 am

The interpretations suggested on this forum are certainly many and varied. I am opening my eyes more and more to alternative suggestions. Lavirgo for example suggests alternative ways and opening up to these. What an excellent interpretation and one I had not thought of.
I believe that one can have a personal, spiritual relationship with God without practicing religion

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:19 am

Lavirgo for example suggests alternative ways and opening up to these. What an excellent interpretation and one I had not thought of.
Ellis, thats a lovely comment :) thanks

I think this is a bonus from allowing everyone to study their own decks rather than force the Rider Waite deck :)  It is great to see youall having such interesting thoughts, makes me think too lol

lavirgo

Post by lavirgo » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:47 pm

:)  yes, the varied interpretations are enlightening, especially when completely different to mine lol.  It really expands the mind and helps me to understand the cards more too.

*Star*

Re: 12 - The Hanged Man

Post by *Star* » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:14 pm

he looks very calm although he is hanging upside down. looks like its his way of relaxing. or he just likes seeing things upside down. it doesnt scare me. he is hanging by one leg, tied to something,suspended..this should look scary, yet, it is not scary.  perhaps, it shows that there is some power controlling..and it in your best interest. or maybe  just 'status quo'

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:25 pm

The Hanged Man card makes me thing of someone who is sacrificing some part of themselves or their happiness for the good of another person or situation. Or someone who feels trapped but is not really.

suzisco

hanged man

Post by suzisco » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:04 pm

I thought i would show you my hanged man, he is only tied with one leg he doesn't look too uncomfortable despite the situation he is in.  He may feel trapped but he isn't really.  The cat thats with him is pretty playful really but is bored and telling the man to get a move on.  There is sharp spikes above though so the hanged man has to be careful about the course he traverses to get down.  He does have a halo round his head and so all is definately not lost.
Attachments
hanged man.jpg
hanged man
hanged man.jpg (2.26 KiB) Viewed 6935 times
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

George

Re: Part One - The Major Arcana The hangedman

Post by George » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:25 pm

Gem wrote:Image

How does this card make you feel? Scared, worried, unhappy? Or relieved and committed?

Image The Haindl Tarot. I love this one that has the chakras in rainbow form over the hanged man. His hair seems to merge into the ground and his feet fall from the trees branches giving a link from heaven and earth, spirit and the earth. So many hidden symbols in this one too. I think this card has a peaceful quality of knowing what must be done and accepting it?
hay gem i'm having real troubles with finding my lesson of the major acrana because all the names are the same.  i had to click on many of them to find the fool.  is there anyway that you can change them back to the name of the cards or something like that.  

now for the lesson

i have to admit i'm having a little trouble with this guy.  i was going to do it last weekend and just couldn't get it to touch me in anyway.  so i kept coming back to it.
4/11/07
unlike the cruifiction the man is hanging upside down and is not nailed to the pike but hanging by one foot. it looks as if his foot is haning from a green vine in this position with his left leg creates a cross.  

the intresting part is that this is not a cross that he hangs which is believed by some that Jesus Christ was not nail to a cross but to a pike.  which i can remember who or what religion that was teaching that.  but anyway, because of the halo and cross its almost like he has an holy thing about him.  maybe things are not what they seem or soemthing like that. in my mind i want to continue the story of the Fool and tie the Hanged man in it but i feel a little lost about it.

Return to “Tarot Homework”