Part One - The Major Arcana - 12

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

glenellen

Post by glenellen » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:53 am

The Hanged man means to me, look at your life from all angles he is almost teasing and unpredictable he has a hetic life but can handle what life throws at him

windspirits

The Hanged Man

Post by windspirits » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:33 pm

The Hanged Man tells us that things are not always what they seem.  We have to look at life and situations from different perspectives in order to find the truth.  He can sometimes cause you confusion and make you have doubts, but if you remain strong and question your motives, beliefs, your desires through another avenue or someone else's eyes, you might find a better answer than your original one.  Be strong in your convictions once you have explored every possibility.
Attachments
12-The Hanged Man.jpg
12-The Hanged Man.jpg (17.4 KiB) Viewed 4047 times
Feel the gentle winds of the windspirits

TravellingChristy

Post by TravellingChristy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:42 pm

The hanged man is an unlucky one.  He is flexible in every aspect.  Willing to bend the rules.  He appears to be heavy in thought.
Christy

farafina

Post by farafina » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:18 pm

So here comes the nerd:  :smt002
There is a myth-legend about the Hanged Man. Apparently, Odin was born of a tree named Yigdrasil. He was the fruit of a union between a virgin and the tree. The tree carried him for 9 months inside its trunk. Then he was born, already a gown-up man. His name was Odin. He was given two crows to tell him the future by his father. And he was given a black horse by the goddess Fraya (fertility goddess). He started on a journey with his new horse. As a God, he also won the devotion of the wolves. Howver, one day, Odin decided he wanted to learn the runes. But this was a sacred and secret writing forbidden to the gods. He had to accept some conditions if he were to learn the runes.
After 9 days of fasting and meditation, Odin made the decision to renounce his divine status. He gave up his right eye (his divine eye) and had to be hanged by the foot from the same tree he was born of.
After Odin suffered this sentence for centuries and centuries, he was freed and was able to read the runes.

So maybe this all means that we have to sacrifice something dear to us in order to finally achieve our goals. Or simply that it is necessary to be patient and let go of our control so that we can find clarity. ... ?
Attachments
12pend.jpg
12pend.jpg (14.61 KiB) Viewed 4022 times

appylover

Post by appylover » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:55 am

Just hanging around relaxing. Thinking things over,looking at things from a different angle maybe a situation or problem he has. A willingness to adapt to changes.

pirbid

New decks!

Post by pirbid » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:22 pm

By pirbid

:) Farafina, thank you for sharing Odin's tale. This card is sometimes hard to explain to querents, who are sometimes a bit upset by it.

The Universal gives me the impression of hanging "by a thread", maybe not literal, but his position is certainly precarious, which is not usually the case. In fact, this figure is often depicted as quite hieratic.

The Guilded is also quite active and more in control, with his hands free. He looks a bit like a magician on the last stage of his escaping show. This is probably my favorite, since we place ourselves willingly in the Hanged position whenever we have need of it.

Llewellyn's is harder to recognize, but the dreamy atmosphere is really nice, too.

I have noticed how all of them hold their legs in the shape of a 4, which has probably some symbolic and esoteric meaning that I am sure some of you must know, but I do not.
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:27 pm

This card represents to me lots of problems! The person is in a very difficult situation and he doesn't know how to get out of it...Things are going very wrongly and he has to be very careful at his decisions!
It might also mean that there are things he's not looking in the right way!
I would advise lots of patience and attention in this case!
If I saw this card next to the Justice I'd definitely say that he's done something wrong and he's going to be punished for that!
If it was the previous one and then came the Justice I'd say that he has been punished for something he didn't deserve to and now the Justice has come to release him and reward him for the injustice made to him!
Attachments
kremasmenos.JPG
kremasmenos.JPG (106.79 KiB) Viewed 3887 times

Clare

the hanged man

Post by Clare » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:30 am

this card reminds me of someone skiving off work, taking a nap when should be working, or an attention seeker, as if hang upside down from tree is normal

deelitefullyme

XII Hanged Man

Post by deelitefullyme » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:09 pm

This card puts a smile on my face.  It makes me feel free.

A time of suspension?  A time to do nothing at all?  

The hanged man is at peace.  With all that is going on around him, he is at peace.  A time for reflection?  

I feel, no matter what else is going on right now ( the turmoil all around ) it is time to relax and reflect.

Mandimedea

Post by Mandimedea » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:25 am

I see this card as release.  Releasing all sins, freeing yourself from all judgement and cleanse your soal.  Self sacrifice to let go of all bad influences in life and start innocent and anew.  You need to block out what other people feel about you so you can stay true to yourself.   On revearsal, maybe holding back  or delays caused by you doubting yourself and not letting go of insecurities and other people's judgement.

Return to “Tarot Homework”