Part One - The Major Arcana - 13

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

TravellingChristy

Post by TravellingChristy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:46 pm

From the death card, I gather these people feel invisible.  He carries a flag to honor those who have passed on.  It could be also that he is honoring new life.  I feel lots of sadness from this card.
Christy

farafina

Post by farafina » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:01 am

This card is to me a good card to find in my spreads. Change and no looking back. Someone said in the early replies that it is the end of a life cycle and necessarily the beginning of another. YES. A new beginning, a complete tabula rasa situation. Blank page to start writing on.
So yes, definitely a positive card to draw for me! :)

appylover

Post by appylover » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:09 am

Ending,leaving the old life for a new one. Likely to signal change ,transformation. Taking stock of your life,changing your ways. Rebirth,new beginnings. Death, a loss is possible. The end of a relationship,job,bad attitude.

pirbid

New decks!

Post by pirbid » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:43 pm

Mmm... I may sound a bit crazy, but I have always found this card quite romantic, like Romeo and Juliet must have.

Universal's Death is beautiful, and the closest to the traditional image: well, at least there are two figures, supposedly Death dismounted to visit his services upon the youth laying up close.

Guilded's just has the Death mask, the banner with the white rose and the white horse drawn on a shield, but no "clients".

Arawn, in Llewellyn's Tarot, is accompanied by his hounds and is lord of the otherworld, where ancestors reside.
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:56 pm

I think that this card can be either positive or negative depending on
the cards next to it!
I think that if it came next to the lovers it would mean that the end of a relationship is about to happen...Even if it means something new is coming..I don't think that there would be many people who'd be happy to hear that...
But...if it came first and then came the Lovers..it would mean that a cycle is over and perhaps there's a new relationship coming soon!

Generally I feel good when I see this card! For me it means change. I
feel like something bad and sad is about to be over and the sun
is rising in the background  :)  :)  :)
Attachments
thanatos.JPG
thanatos.JPG (98.53 KiB) Viewed 4149 times

weezerwall

Post by weezerwall » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:36 am

I recently "found" this card and wanted to share it!  It really helped deepen my insights into "DEATH".   It is a real mirror of what TRANSFORMATION can really look like.  Adds a bit more hope and "beauty" to the process.

Weezer  :)

Clare

death

Post by Clare » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:32 am

feel like the person is riding to his death knowingl then trying to inflict it

deelitefullyme

XIII Death

Post by deelitefullyme » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:16 pm

On the card, I see:  illusion, stillness, growth, mourning a loss, release from pain.

Something has come to a FINAL and DEFINITE end.  BUT, new growth grows nearby signaling a BEGINNING.  From nothing rises something.

From this card I feel a final and hard ending to something going on but once it's over and the cycle continues, something new and wonderful will replace the loneliness and pain.  

Death is hard but must occur so new things will fill the void left behind.

Mandimedea

Post by Mandimedea » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:16 pm

I see transformation or cycle of life here.  With the skull respresenting death, but also the card show signs of innocence, rebirth.  Death is a natural part of life even if we do not want to die.  It is inevitable and doesn't have to be a scary horrible thing.  Maybe a death to a way of life or addiction or a marriage where you need to move on as a different person than you use to know.

Return to “Tarot Homework”