Part One - The Major Arcana - 14

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

appylover

Post by appylover » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:05 am

Blending. A blending of families,a mixed marriage. Harmony,working with others in harmony so that you can get successful results through teamwork.

pirbid

New decks!

Post by pirbid » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:53 pm

This is one of my problem cards: I am never too sure about the meaning of the word, even. It reminds me of Justice and the angel in the Lovers and I guess it is about keeping things in balance.

As usual, the Guilded Temperance seems to be associated to a certain planet (Ciro must be quite bent on astrology) and seems to be floating in mid air and hardly holding her cups. The golden cup spews fire as well as water, something I had not come across yet: cooling our passions or letting them flow?

Llewellyn's is very interesting because the whole figure is submerged and looks like a mermaid, although it also reminds me of a recent thread about nagas. I find this card speaks to me more than the others do.

Universal is back to its fairytale settings with the water flowing from flower to flower.
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:02 pm

Well this is one of the cards I don't really understand!!!!
I don't like it's called temperance...I'd like it best if it was called
Harmony  :smt004
Anyway this card scares me somehow! An angel with red wings???  :smt087
I think this picture tells us that the balance is the secret of how
to get to the road that takes you to the sun
(the sun for me always means the best:happiness,justice,warmth etc).
Really confusing this card...I don't know if it's a positive or a negative one..
Perhaps I would feel better if the wings were white and the angel was smiling...
Anyway beside my personal little problems with this picture I guess there's a good message in it!
Still too difficult to understand it perfectly... :smt017
Attachments
14.JPG
14.JPG (118.46 KiB) Viewed 3244 times

Clare

temperance

Post by Clare » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:34 am

slightly prudish person, but pure of heart

deelitefullyme

XIV Tempreance

Post by deelitefullyme » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:27 pm

On card, I see: new life, flowing, filling a cup (fulfillment), peace

I feel, peace.  Nothing disturbing me even though life (nature) goes on around me.  I am perfectly calm.  

Remain centered no matter what the circumstance?  Adjust to changing /rushing times and environments.

Mandimedea

Post by Mandimedea » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:30 pm

When I look at this card I definately see balance and harmony, Peace and healing.

Return to “Tarot Homework”