Part One - The Major Arcana - 15

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

farafina

Post by farafina » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:07 am

If this card were a person, it would definitely one these possessive, jealous, envious, controlling, drug-users, alcoholic, sexually uncontrollable, selfish, domineering kind of people...
If this is a situation, then definitely the idea of being caught up in some kind of bondage, or addiction. Temptation to do something against our own principles as well...?

This is a card that I do not like but that clearly needs to be there to remind me that something is not as it should be about myself. I should examine my own feelings and thoughts carefully and make better choices.

appylover

Post by appylover » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:31 am

Relationships,addiction,bad situations,a bad habit. The man and women are chained and the Devil is raising his hand as if to say "I'm not holding them here,they are free to go,it's their choice". Looks like all they have to do is slip the chain off over their heads. The only thing chaining you to an unbearable situation is your own refusal to look for a way out,a solution.

pirbid

New decks!

Post by pirbid » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:50 pm

The Devil is probably my least favorite card, since I associate it with things that escape my control, that in fact tend to control me if I let them, and I do let them more than I would like.

So it was a nice surprise to see this beautiful Guilded Devil, young, sexy and powerful, a truly worthy temptation  :smt003 . The only problem is that it lacks the two figures that explain quite a bit of the card's meanings. Still, my favorite by far.

Llewellyn's is the Grand Cornu and I associate it with Celtic pagan rites and the druidic cult. It holds no dread, just an acceptance of our own natural instincts and drives. So, beautiful as I find it, it does not convey the classical meaning at all.

The Universal Devil I find specially repelling, which is probably what the artist meant. I find it curious that the two bound figures are cats (Egyptian like), rather than humans. Wonder if it may have a special meaning.
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:07 pm

This card reminds me of sins..The sinners are chained and they cannot escape! The devil is the master here and he is holding the fire, which is the symbol
of the hell... Scary card! Very negative to me... Deceit,deception,crime,illusion,imposture,dishonesty... It also reminds me of sexuality..but with the bad meaning!
Very careful at sexual relationships (generally).... but lots more when you see this card!
Attachments
15.JPG
15.JPG (115.33 KiB) Viewed 3608 times

Clare

the devil

Post by Clare » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:36 am

reminds me of a bloke after a few pints lolling in his chair belching

deelitefullyme

XV Devil

Post by deelitefullyme » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:41 pm

I see, confusion, chaos, no growth, nothing new, chained, fire

Locked into a situation and need help getting off (out) of it.  Inverted pentagram (physical dominance over spiritual).

Feels like bondage and addiction: to a person? situation? substance?

Substance: alcohol, drugs, food, anything unhealthy...

Fire?  Being held captive by your passions?

Mandimedea

Post by Mandimedea » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:43 pm

When I look at this card I see temptation, sin, feeling imprisoned-but you have the power to release yourself.  Don't get caught up in the evils of the world.  Shame, guilt, evil keeps you seperate from others keeping secrets doesn't make you free.  Don't give into temptation, instant gratifiation doesn't help-it turns you into someone different and sometimes evil.  Only you can control your actions and have the willpower to stop you from giving into your sins.

Return to “Tarot Homework”