Part One - The Major Arcana - 16

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Part One - The Major Arcana - 16

Post by Gem » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:23 pm

Destruction? Chaos? Or unbelievable power that is waiting to be tamed?
Last edited by Gem on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chrisdee

The Tower

Post by chrisdee » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:08 pm

This card is a pleasant reminder to reevaluate your present situation your to detached from a situation with out your intervention things will collapse you must learn to express your anger tell others what you want/what your prepared to put up with/and when you are unhappy with them we can only take so much before we explode or implode
Attachments
Tower.jpg
Tower.jpg (43.18 KiB) Viewed 12733 times

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:40 am

Storms come and go and sometimes there is destruction.  In life there are many ups and downs and sometimes we keep secrets and for whatever reason, we don't seemt o want to tell all to anyone.  I think when it comes around though, instinct will tell us that its time.  Time to reveal those secrets or things untold to someone who is perhaps seen as a strong person or someone that can be relied upon.  Poseidon in this card is the "tower" of strength but walls can and do crumble after many years of weathering storms.

I think this is an encouraging card.  Encouraging you to let go of yr fears and yr secrets, lean on me for I am strong.  I can lead you to a place of life with no walls but you will be safe under my protection.
Attachments
The Tower.JPG
The Tower.JPG (17.86 KiB) Viewed 12730 times
O    O
   oo
**___**

lavirgo

Post by lavirgo » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:21 pm

i have the mythic tarot too....its really interesting finding out about the characters in the cards because i don't know who they are though ive heard of them.

for me the tower brings up feelings of dread,  turmoil is coming, everything you have (tower)  is about to be re arranged quite suddenly or drastically.

if emotions are locked away then outbursts are coming.

something has been going on for too long and the walls can longer contain it,  thus it is released in a manner that seems destructive.  Eventually its what needed to happen.

i feel this card is a lesson, that its probably  too late to change things but to make the changes easier by not trying to patch up the tower.

other times i  feel its a warning to help the person be aware of some behaviour that is destructive and that the tower will still collaspe but their attitude can make the difference between going through despair or rebirth.

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:35 pm

oohh I like yr interpretation Lavirgo! :)
emotions are locked away then outbursts are coming.
O    O
   oo
**___**

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:29 pm

Total transformation, change or catastrophe. Something major is going to happen. It could also represent a problem with your house.

*Star*

Re: 16 - The Tower

Post by *Star* » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:25 pm

Gem wrote:Image

I wonder why this card comes after the devil card..

just looking at the card..is that a tower falling or is it people falling off the tower or is it both? i think both.

anyways, shows disaster, a sudden fall, crisis, disruption, loss and pain.

isnt it similar to the negative side of the wheel of fortune, except that the tower shows change which is more catastrophic in nature.

George

Re: Part One - The Major Arcana - 16

Post by George » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:25 pm

hay Gem (or anyone) can you post a essay on yods since this is our first card with them?  Do they have a meaning other then they are Hebrew letters?  I assume they mean more then that and i assume that there are 22 of them means something too.

but anyway, a card of desturction  and chaos and trouble, and so it goes...

as for an "unbelievable power that is watiing to be tamed" in your question Gem.  I would says understanding the human condition is maybe it is your  sub-conscience mind or conscience mind causing the damage in a reading.  about the only thing i could think is like road rage and coming to terms with your anger and over coming hence maybe not such a negative card in a reading as i was thinking.  if it is telling someone in a reading that they need to take control then its not necessary something that is going to happen that is bad.  hmm  :smt004
I have to compair to the holy wrath of God sense this commonly compair to the Tower of Babel.  Check your own house and clean because something are seen even behind closed doors.  
Also, if we look at as the Tower of Babel and its fall.  We understand that man fell again  that day and was spilt and scarrered across the earth with different languages which of course became deifferent cultures and skin colors, etc.  It makes you wonder if the Yods are there because they are the languge of God's choosen people and that could only become more prevalent now because of the different cultures and the spilt of the human race.  We now know what race was choosen after that spilt of the human race that would carry on the house of David to bore Jesus.  But overall why the 22 yods?

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:53 pm

Very good questions George, not something that we will be covering in this course. This tarot journey is for all people and not those specifically drawn from one belief or religion. Many do not attach the kabbalah or yods or letters or elementals or even astrological claims to the tarot.

To read and learn tarot intuitively there is no need to go to that depth of background and belief, one does not need to believe in anything except oneself.

Perhaps a separate discussion in the main tarot forum instead? http://mysticboard.org/viewforum.php?f=19

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:24 pm

The tower for me forwarns of catastrophe and disaster.  It tells me that the foundations of the question are not strong and there is going to be problems.  Its not like other @bad@ cards because its not about change and moving on, its about serious problems and things can immediately feel out of control, i especially dislike this card when the moon is pulled also as i worry about that combination more.
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

George

Post by George » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:37 pm

Gem wrote:Very good questions George, not something that we will be covering in this course. This tarot journey is for all people and not those specifically drawn from one belief or religion. Many do not attach the kabbalah or yods or letters or elementals or even astrological claims to the tarot.

To read and learn tarot intuitively there is no need to go to that depth of background and belief, one does not need to believe in anything except oneself.

Perhaps a separate discussion in the main tarot forum instead? http://mysticboard.org/viewforum.php?f=19
thanks anyway Gem  :smt003  i understand i tend to over do it when it comes to stuff like this.  I'll go visit the main board sometime soon and see what they have to say.   :smt014  :smt003

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Sun May 06, 2007 6:49 pm

XVI The Tower: I never thought of it as "unbelieveable power that is waiting to be tamed," but I like that; I think I'll use that as my positives for this card because to me this card is so negative. A sudden change shaking you to the quick, makes room for growth and renewal.

MysticCrystal

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Tue May 29, 2007 1:04 am

A feeling of a situation being out of our control, loss, helplessness, despair.  The lightning is only striking the top of the tower and so that to me tells me that all is not lost, our foundations are still there, we need to reevaulate our situation to continue on our journey.  And as we know change is not always bad...
Attachments
The Tower.jpg
The Tower.jpg (54.47 KiB) Viewed 7843 times

dreamfairy

The Tower

Post by dreamfairy » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:31 pm

The Tower - Things that you thought had a strong structures, thoughts, beliefs, relationships etc - collapse. (Tower collapses). I feel that there would have been warnings before the collapse - cracks appearing. This collapse would bring in dramatic changes and transformation, bringing shattering insight causing the person to reevaluate their views. Negative, if the person gains no insight after the collapse or refuses to see the need for change or transformation when the cracks appear and, therefore has no control over the events. Dreamfairy
Peace & Light.

weezerwall

Re: Part One - The Major Arcana - 16

Post by weezerwall » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:02 pm

Uh, Oh... doom and destruction!!! This card tells me to fasten my seatbelt and be prepared for cataclysmic change!!  The "tower" stands for "foundations" - my beliefs, patterns of behavior etc.  Whatever I am holding on to - so tightly that it has become like an "ivory tower" - has cut me off from creative, life energy or flow.

Since it comes after the Devil card, I also think it's about what happens when we refuse to give up our "idols" - the things we "worship" that are not good for us.  Positive and lasting change can only take place when we are shaken at the very core of our being.

The Tower card is "the last resort" - tells me that major upheaval is the only way to unleash positive energy and creativity.  Some things have to be destroyed to make room for true growth.

Blessings,
Weezer

Return to “Tarot Homework”