Part One - The Major Arcana - 16

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

appylover

Post by appylover » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:59 am

Disruption,a change of residence,a traumatic experience. Just when life is going good something bad happens out of the blue,unexpected, that disrupts your routines and could cause your world to be turned upside down.

pirbid

New decks!

Post by pirbid » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:26 pm

Ok, this is one of "my" cards, meaning those I get often on readings for myself, so I am bound to pay special attention.

In this case, Llewellyn's is my favorite, since it is the first time I see water mingled in the general chaos and I think it is a nice touch. It is also the most different from the standard pic, I know: no people falling from it, no top breaking off, no yod bits falling from it. I still love it.

The Guilded Tower is in this case the more similar to RW's, with the top breaking off and at least one of the two figures freefalling from it.

And finally, Universal is the most peculiar, although I like the fact that it is a natural peak rather than a man made building, and the person is approaching rather than falling. But I suppose those are the very same reasons why it misses the point altogether.  :smt018
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:58 pm

You have got some nice collection there Pirbid. I like these last two that you posted. Llewellyn's Tower and the wild sea is interesting, but somehow the breaking of the dome at the top almost says it all. In spite of the lightning etc on Llewellyn's, I feel the absence of the falling of the dome is not giving the same impact.

The Tower for me, as for the majority of tarot learners/readers, is a foreboding card, either warning in advance what might be happening or, if perhaps whether we like it or not, it will still happen. Can we prevent it happening though? Only we know that depending on our life situation(s).

Someone made an interesting comment about the Tower following the Devil card. Do we wonder why? Too much of excessesive behaviour perhaps may lead to a tower situation??

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:13 pm

:) Mmmm... yes, it certainly might, hopefully followed by a nice calming Star period  :)

I have all 21 Majors spread before me and I believe there are many things to glean from seeing them all together. In fact, since some questions arise this way, I am posting them on the general Tarot forum to get some interesting answers: let me have yours!  :smt020

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:15 pm

I have just done a study of the symbolism of the major arcana and wrote them briefly in my tarot 'text book'. It was a long process I must say....... but worthwhile..... as to why that item on that card and what is their meaning and so on.....

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:19 pm

Pirbid
Can you believe after all this time I still cant navigate in this forum without getting lost.
Where is the General Tarot Forum...... I have not seen any posting from you..
sorry

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:30 pm

:) I am just giving it the final touches. It will be available in a few seconds...

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:31 pm

"The final touches....." Oh, I like that professional phrase..... <wink> <wink>..... :smt003

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:38 pm

:) Ok, there it is now, on the general Tarot forum, which is higher in the General Index than this Learn Tarot forum. And I am working on the next question... &nbsp;:smt003

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:01 pm

I hate this card! I think it's the worst one in the whole deck!!! Everything is being destroyed! No happiness at all! Everything is falling to pieces!
You've worked hard but you're going to loose everything you've achieved... SO SAD!!! SO STRESSING!!! Total disappointment! A really violent card!
There's nothing good to expect from this card...just to look forward for the next one...
Attachments
Major16.JPG
Major16.JPG (137.71 KiB) Viewed 5721 times

Clare

the tower

Post by Clare » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:37 am

least favourite of all cards so far, total chaos pain destruction, almost like an earthquake

deelitefullyme

XVI Tower

Post by deelitefullyme » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:50 pm

I see, uncontrolled energy, moon shines thru the tower, two human figures on either side, destroyed by lightening.

Must be a major change. &nbsp;Something is destroyed. &nbsp;Something is shattered (glass is gone). &nbsp;Lightening - outside force beyond your control.

Had to look this one up: &nbsp;... this is a sort of purification. Whatever is solid and good will remain ... you can rebuild with confidence.

Mandimedea

Post by Mandimedea » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:17 pm

This card follows the DEVIL card which to me represents temptation and sin. &nbsp;The TOWER card to me represents Exposure and Consequence. &nbsp;If you give in to temptations, the exposure of your secrets could have devastating consequences. &nbsp;Marriage failed because of an affair, Kicked off sports team because of drug use, Gave in to unprotected sex with stranger and contracted something, Cheated on test and failed class-all examples of what I think this card means. &nbsp;Upheaval caused by decisions made. &nbsp;consequences of a sin or wrong doing, whether it is the person having the reading that did it or someone else did it to them, there is destruction caused.

Return to “Tarot Homework”