Part One - The Major Arcana - 17

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Part One - The Major Arcana - 17

Post by Gem » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:25 pm

After the last few cards The Star comes as a relief, What do you see from this card?
Last edited by Gem on Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:59 am

Well my Mythic card doesn't bode that much better than preceding ones I think.

A bit of the "curiosity killed the cat" syndrome perhaps.  Or is it more of opening up and letting go yr inhibitions to what really is within you - including yr fears and hopes.    If there is only one hope in you amongst all yr fears then that is a great thing.  Hope can shed light where there is darkness, it can bring a smile to an otherwise sad or frowning face.

Pandora's nakedness reveals (pardon the pun) that she is at last open to freeing her mind and soul to something glorious.
Attachments
The Star.JPG
The Star.JPG (27.41 KiB) Viewed 11101 times
O    O
   oo
**___**

chrisdee

The Star

Post by chrisdee » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:26 am

The Star is a symbol of hope and light wishes coming true the star is a fixed point so can show the way-= so where is your focus and ambition in life ,There is a link between heaven and earth shown by the  riches (knowledge)of the universe been pored down to earth this knowledge can be obtained by meditation or visualizing on your wishes and dreams then to actualize them in life one must find a purpose for them e,g. if its something you've wanted to do since a child  bring them out in a Hobie This card encourages use to grow fully by expressing our selves  by reflecting on the past and doing some sole searching
Attachments
The Star.jpg
The Star.jpg (40.14 KiB) Viewed 11098 times

MysticTerri

Hello

Post by MysticTerri » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:36 pm

I see the star also as someone in need of hope , because the lady seems confused in a daze, also help from the heavens.

MysticTerri
"The unobvious sometimes becomes apparent only after searching the obvious"

ellis

The wish card

Post by ellis » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:39 am

The star is what I like to call the wish card. It is a card for hope and faith and wishes coming true. Have the faith that things will turn out right, dont lose hope just follow your star. This is quite obviously a connection to the star over Bethlehem and the 3 wise men following it. Follow your dream and have faith in things going right.

Explanation of my thoughts!!? This lady is pouring water out of both her pitchers because she has the faith that they will be filled up once again. Its involving water which represents emotions, wishes, dreams, hunches, etc,. The bright light on her forehead again suggestions dreams, thoughts and ideas. She is naked which often suggests the need to leave yourself a little exposed in order to achive the dreams, speculate to accumulate.

The mytich deck shows some trepidation on the yopung girls face so again taking a risk. The Quest Tarot actually goes a step further and uses the word 'hope' and The Sacred Circle goes back to times of worship and blind faith.
Attachments
17.jpg
17.jpg (17.16 KiB) Viewed 11092 times
17.jpg
17.jpg (27.83 KiB) Viewed 11092 times
17.jpg
17.jpg (17.76 KiB) Viewed 11092 times
17.jpg
17.jpg (26.77 KiB) Viewed 11092 times
I believe that one can have a personal, spiritual relationship with God without practicing religion

lavirgo

Post by lavirgo » Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:59 am

i dont really get any relief from this card unless it is accompanined by other very positive cards.

to me this card represents ones wishes and hopes that are yet to be persued.  i always feel this card is about reminding someone to go out in the world and grasp their dreams esp if it is beside action type cards.   Or to start thinking about all the big impossible things they want for themselves if its accompanied by restrictive or secretive cards.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:31 pm

Eventual success after perhaps some trying times. Fame in your career. Success in whatever chosen field you have or success in your life in general. Innocence and femininity. Wishes.

suzisco

star

Post by suzisco » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:21 pm

I love the star card, to me she is a positive card, she herself in pack is beautiful and she is placing her cat in the heavens as a star.

I believe this card to be the link between your physical body and your emotional needs.  Its the balance card that says your doing ok and all is well.  Its a card steeped in optimism.  In the rider waite pack the woman is filling an ewer which is the sign of abundance to come.  this card encourages you to keep going.
Attachments
cpstar.jpg
The Star
cpstar.jpg (4.85 KiB) Viewed 6140 times
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

*Star*

Re: 17 - The Star

Post by *Star* » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:13 pm

Gem wrote:Image

After the last few cards The Star comes as a relief, What do you see from this card?
shows hopes and wishes, dreams and desires. do they come true? with the star in your reading, maybe or may not be. because often what you want may not be what you need, although i would like to have both my needs and the wants. I think its only an inspiration. it may only be a hope or faith to see you through tough times.

well, to me the star shows, dreams and wishes coming true. everything i want, just falling in my lap. theres this lucky star shining on me, to give me just what i want, whenever i want and even more ;-)(see..theres more than one star in the sky..i think seven)

George

Re: Part One - The Major Arcana - 17

Post by George » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:24 pm

I take notice that her right foot is on the water and not in it.  She is naked and unaware of her nudity on a sandy beach.  She doesn't take water from the source but is adding to it.  She holds two jugs and she feeds both the pond and puddle with her jars.  The water poured onto the sand is trying to find a way to the pond but falls shorts and most of it travels away from it.
There is one giant star of yellow as her hair or should I say he hair is yellow as the star.  There are 7 white stars surrounding the big yellow one.  
A bird sits on a bush.

I am still not sure what I am seeing from this card.   Maybe a heavenly mother now compare to all the earthly ones we’ve seen so far.  Water is usually considered spiritual and in fills our cups and so forth.  Maybe, in a reading, something spiritual coming to us from the stars?
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

George

Re: Part One - The Major Arcana - 17

Post by George » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:55 pm

This is what my books says about the stars of this card.
"Behind her is a star-shaped sun, with the seven other smallers stars surrounding it, indicating the sun and seven planets. "

makes you wonder when the cards where original drawn that at that time they only knew of seven planets in our solar system and that could help date the cards.  assuming they are about our solar system!  :smt017

George

Re: The wish card

Post by George » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:01 pm

ellis wrote:This lady is pouring water out of both her pitchers because she has the faith that they will be filled up once again.
thats great ellis that really gave a nice soild picture in my mind about her willingness to empty the jars.    :smt038

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Sun May 06, 2007 6:56 pm

XVII The Star: This card to me means your hopes and dreams come true. You are in good
health. On the right path for success. It is a happy relief for all the turmoil in the
preceeding cards. I read somewhere there is a mythological goddess who pours water out over the land like this, but can't remember any details about it. ALchemy, I think. Has anybody heard of this and could post the story? Wish I remembered more.

MysticCrystal

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Sun May 06, 2007 7:02 pm

I found the story. It's in "The Forest of Souls" by Rachel Pollack. Talks about the Greek story of Persephone, the goddess who returned from the underworld. Her people were so happy, they celebrated by pouring gourds full of water into the ground, as a sign of faith in her return.

MysticCrystal

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Tue May 29, 2007 1:19 am

unrealised potential, she has all the stars around her, yet the lady is still looking down focusing on only one gourd, the other is being spilt out almost unbeknownst to her.  Her foot is not in the water but placed above the water, almost like she is afraid of following through.  The flowers in bud are all around her, so again, new ideas and more focus perhaps will help her to reach her potential.  It is the right time to start new things
Attachments
The Star.jpg
The Star.jpg (59.07 KiB) Viewed 6126 times

Return to “Tarot Homework”