Part One - The Major Arcana - 18

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Part One - The Major Arcana - 18

Post by Gem » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:26 pm

This card still seems sunny and bright and almost as if the moon is fighting the sun? Many other decks have much easier to interpret pictures of the Moon.  What does the RW picture say to you?
Last edited by Gem on Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:56 am

The RW card shows me that with each sun setting a moon will follow (and vice versa).  We should look to the moon for the promise of a new day.  Is that a lobster coming out of the water?  Prhaps its telling us to right our wrongs or resolve the argument before the new day comes and  whatever it is comes back to bite us in the bum.  :)
O    O
   oo
**___**

MissEm

The Moon - Mythic Deck

Post by MissEm » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:07 am

The Mythic deck card is very different to RW.  Hecate is a moon goddess but is also a ruler of the underworld because she stole something from her mother and fled to earth where she became impure.  She had to go to the Underworld to be cleansed of her impurity but instead became one of the rulers.  Hecate has the Furies for companions who punished earthlings for crimes against nature or gods.

I think Hecate represents uncertain times in our lives - do we go this way or that, do we make a decision now or later, or one that will be good for us now but might come back to bite us later or get us into deeper trouble?  An indication of a time to take a step back and assess the situation for what it really is.  Don't go jumping in feet first, sit back and think about it first.  The one thing that is certain is that there will be a new day.
Attachments
The Moon.JPG
The Moon.JPG (15.87 KiB) Viewed 11588 times
O    O
   oo
**___**

chrisdee

The Moon

Post by chrisdee » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:07 am

In the moon light it is not easy to see clearly so reflects a time of confusion when your asleep your unconscious tries to deal with issues allowing bits of information through to the conscious on waking not yet completely dealt with so things get blown out of proportion and mood swings occur these issues should not be forced but allowed to work them selves out gradually until they come from the unconscious and can be dealt with by the  conscious mind

RW The lobster coming out the water to me is a emotional(water very ripply) dream state(influenced by the moon, been night) where something is trying to surface you start on a journey up but meet your tame(dog) and wild(wolf) side both having an opinion the yods intervene and recommend you reflect on your past as it is this reason why you are where you are now, the road twists and turns so you don't find this ease(it may take many moons/ lots of twists)   the road will come to an end though just as day follows night and you will find a conclusion
Attachments
The Moon.jpg
The Moon.jpg (44.76 KiB) Viewed 11581 times

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:15 pm

I wonder why it is a lobster? not a crab?

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:51 pm

Gem wrote:I wonder why it is a lobster? not a crab?
The lobster represents the unconscious mind not the crab because
 The crab walks side wards, side stepping things. The unconscious as no control over its thoughts so cant side step (this can cause sleepless nights) ,we can however control the conscious mind to a degree so it does side step things

am i close

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:05 pm

I think thats a very good answer... but I just relooked at MissEm's card and is that a crab not a lobster?   Em?

MysticTerri

Hi

Post by MysticTerri » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:38 pm

the moon is about not seeing the whole picture only what you want to i feel. it is something hidden and needs to be found out
"The unobvious sometimes becomes apparent only after searching the obvious"

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:16 am

Gem

it's a crab.  RW shows the lobster.  I wonder why the difference?  Curiouser and curiouser! :)
O    O
   oo
**___**

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:20 am

I just had a thought......

Both lobsters and crabs will try to run a way if you try and catch them but both will also nip yr fingers if you try and pick them up the wrong way.  So perhaps their symbolism is the same even though different pics?  Why do they nip?  Self preservation/protection?  Is it a conscious act or purely automatic self defense or reflex action?
O    O
   oo
**___**

ellis

Confusion and Intuitous thoughts

Post by ellis » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:30 am

The moon for me is all about giving in to your instincts. Intuition all the things that are unseen and considered shadowy. The wolf howls at the moon because he is compelled to do so. Crabs come to shore at night because they are compelled to do so neither understands why they just do it.

So the message of the moon is being drawn along by an instinct or a hunch without any basis in fact. Things just FEEL right or wrong. The Moon can also indicate predictive dreaming, dreams with messages. Try to figure how or what your dreams are trying to tell you.
Attachments
18.jpg
18.jpg (26.44 KiB) Viewed 6337 times
18.jpg
18.jpg (17.98 KiB) Viewed 6337 times
18.jpg
18.jpg (26.73 KiB) Viewed 6337 times
I believe that one can have a personal, spiritual relationship with God without practicing religion

ellis

Wrong number

Post by ellis » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:34 am

Oops one of my cards is numbered wrong. Not supposed to be the sun at No18
I believe that one can have a personal, spiritual relationship with God without practicing religion

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:42 am

heehee, tell me that last one is that the sacred circle aswell?... and are they crabs or lobsters?

ellis

Crabs or Lobsters

Post by ellis » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:59 am

Lets just say cristatians....And yes it is sacred circle

ellis

or even crustations

Post by ellis » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:59 am

Darn fat fingers

Return to “Tarot Homework”