Part One - The Major Arcana - 19

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

pamDemonium

Post by pamDemonium » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:58 am

tHE Sun is a happy positive card. It shows a smiling sun with rays shining down on the fertile landscape. The card indicates success. Everything will go your way. If the sun is smiling down on you, what could possibly go wrong?

I notice the two birds basking in the warm sunshine. They indicate a positive partnership.
Attachments
18.jpg
18.jpg (14.53 KiB) Viewed 4315 times

grmrsan

Post by grmrsan » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:58 am

Forest-
My suns got an indulgent looking smile.  Everythings bright and cheerful, we've passed through the dark and the scary and can now enjoy what we have. All the trees and bushes are in full leaf and everythings moving forward. This card can also represent new life literally as well as figurativly. The Unicorns masculine horn, coupled with (yes I know bad pun) the stone tunnel behind it, carring a new child forward.

Celtic dragon-
These dragons are of the sun. The suns fire makes them stronger, more powerful, purifies and tempers them. This is a card of sucess, and power. You've succeeded past your wildest dreams, you've "harnessed" the power of the sun and can use it's strength as your own.
Attachments
the suns.jpg
the suns.jpg (54.28 KiB) Viewed 4311 times

Cheyenne

The Sun

Post by Cheyenne » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:07 am

The Sun shows great vitality and optimism. It looks as if all the darkness has finally gone away and now is a time to bask in the glow of your survival and hard work. This card shows great happiness, being in the center of attention and feeling the warmth of the sun.

Finally achieving your goals...
Attachments
TheSun.JPG
TheSun.JPG (113.52 KiB) Viewed 4307 times

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:59 pm

This card shows all the planets and the sun as if everything is aligned as it should be.
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

arianna

Post by arianna » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:47 am

A truly happy and warm card :smt004  An extremeley positive energy time to enjoy relax feel good about accomplishments and reaching your goals :smt003
I wish that your dreams stay big and worries stay small

Sabra

Re: Part One - The Major Arcana - 19

Post by Sabra » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:31 am

Gem wrote:Image

I wish the sun would have a smilier face?  Is there warmth or necessity here?
Further enlightenment and understanding have brought joy, as well as renewed energy and vitality.  It is so bright the one could wonder if it is possible for darkness to ever strike again.
Attachments
sun.jpg
Thoth Deck - The Sun
sun.jpg (12.14 KiB) Viewed 4574 times

winniewoo

RW: The Sun

Post by winniewoo » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:46 am

I love learning about the imagery in the RW cards. Notice the four sunflowers turned toward the boy and the horse. These represent the four elements of the Tarot-air, earth, fire, and water. The sunflowers turned toward the boy and horse represent development because flowers turn toward the light. The horse represents freedom of movement towards goals, travel. The boy is carrying the red banner of life in his right hand (which represents subconconscious) He may be ready to pass the flag to his left hand (the conscious). His arms flung wide and is without clothing. Nothing to hide. The walled garden reflects the growth and development of humankind. The sun promises happiness and success. The sun says you've learned many lessons taken many paths to get here and now you have arrived. Great card.
What lies behind you and what lies before you matters not. However, what lies within you is of great importance.

pirbid

My RW Sun says...

Post by pirbid » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:29 pm

"YIIIPEIIIII...!!! I finally got out to bask in the sun and ride my patient pony. I'll try to make the most of it before someone thinks it is time I went back inside".

One of the things that came to mind as I was writing the above was letting the inner child out for a ride. It is sometimes hard to recover the pure joy we sometimes felt as children, unpolluted by any "yes, but...". We lived each instant as it came: every sorrow was earth shattering, but happiness knew no bounds and we made the most of it while it lasted. So innocent, so unaware of the next mood swing awaiting us behind the bend.

Scapini's is a curious one because we get two children for the same price. The horse is big and prancing and there is a feeling of playful joy, while the sun seems to be purposefully looking in another direction.

Robin Wood's is very like the RW, a very joyful image, bright and sunny. No worries, no afterthoughts.

And the Ancestral Path's is clearly based on Ra, the Egyptian God of the Sun, so bright and blinding it is not possible to look at him directly. This suggests to me being in the limelight, or enjoying the attention, being a flamboyant person.
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

glenellen

Post by glenellen » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:40 am

The Sun puzzled me for a while and it still does in a way but here goes, i see childhood full of material love the sun itself doesnt look happy but looks content which leaves me to believe the person doesnt mind reminiscing or going back to there youth but may very well dwell on the rocky times rather then the good ones,  life is for living and should be embraced whatever the problems

windspirits

The Sun

Post by windspirits » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:28 pm

The Sun is a most powerful card and element.  It offers us security and stability in our lives.  It is the very thread that helps to hold the elements into shape.  The sun gives us heat when we are cold, it melts the ice and gives us water so that we might cool our feet in the heat.  It warms the rocks so that we might have shelter from a storm, it gives us life, hopes and dreams.
Attachments
19-The Sun.jpg
19-The Sun.jpg (15.45 KiB) Viewed 4526 times
Feel the gentle winds of the windspirits

farafina

Post by farafina » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:17 am

I wonder why I think about friendship and harmony and joy and true childlike happiness. The kind of happiness children feel when you take them to an amusement park!

However, because it is only one child there, its downside could be a little bit of selfishness and maybe the person is a little reckless and needs to wisen up...

appylover

Post by appylover » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:06 am

Life is good and everything is going right. Good news.everything falling into place. That great job you have been wanting on falls into your lap,money you had expected suddenly arrives. Good Health,happiness.

pirbid

New decks!

Post by pirbid » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:57 pm

Universal's Sun reminds me of the 6 of Wands, with the rider surrounded by people who seem to throw him flowers, certainly a victor, but it does not bring to mind any meanings connected with the more familiar ones.

Neither does Marchetti's, centered on the planetary system, as so many of his cards seem to do.

This time Llewellyn's is the closer one, even though the rider is a young man, rather than a kid. Still, the colors and the pose are quite close to what I have in mind as the Sun.
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:27 pm

Perhaps the best card in the deck...
For me it represents success,happiness,love,warmth,optimism,enthusiasm...
Generally a very positive card!
Attachments
Major19.JPG
Major19.JPG (107.91 KiB) Viewed 4462 times

Clare

the sun

Post by Clare » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:42 am

i like the fun and brightness in this picture, happy times

Return to “Tarot Homework”