Part One - The Major Arcana - 20

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Cheyenne

Judgement

Post by Cheyenne » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:15 am

Justice is more about fairness and keeping things in balance and making decisions. I think that Judgement is more about judging people or being judged for your actions. Also I think this card has somehow to do with a calling. This could also mean changing towards a different direction.
Attachments
Judgement.JPG
Judgement.JPG (104.22 KiB) Viewed 5250 times

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:01 pm

The angel seems to be passing judgment on the souls as they rise toward heaven.  This card warns that you will reap what you sew.
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

arianna

Post by arianna » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:50 am

It is time to face your life and how you have lived it - everygthing that you have done (good and bad) face the music - if you have been travelling down the wrong path it is time to get on the right one but you first have to take responsibility for all of your actions
I wish that your dreams stay big and worries stay small

Sabra

Re: Part One - The Major Arcana - 20

Post by Sabra » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:41 am

Gem wrote:Image

Judgement, Temperance, Justice? all similar or totally different?
In this I see the rebirth and new callings that come with enlightenment.  

In the Thoth deck, the card is called The Aeon.  To me, this means and new age which brings about a more enlightened way of thinking.  It also speaks to me as being very much an initiatory type card.
Attachments
aeon.jpg
Thoth Deck - Judgement (The Aeon)
aeon.jpg (12.38 KiB) Viewed 5220 times

winniewoo

RW: Judgement

Post by winniewoo » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:15 am

The angel Gabriel is blowing seven blasts depicted by the seven lines coming from the horn. Awakening mankind. With the blast of the horn he is commanding them to look up. Awaken and look up! As if something important is going to be revealed. The banner is red and white. Red representing passion for life. The white representing spiritual attainment and purity of spirit. The banner represents balanced forces in nature and heaven.  Notice the water (emotion). To me this card represents an awakening, a revelation, something I hadn't thought of before. Since emotion is involved it will have an impact on me. The people shown with arms outstretched seem to be glad to get this information. Arms uplifted as in if a recepticle of spiritual enlightenment. When I see this card I feel like I'm going to learn something I didn't know before and I'm going to be extremly happy to recieve the information. I will grow mentally from the information. Like now I get it. Wow! wish I'd know that sooner.
What lies behind you and what lies before you matters not. However, what lies within you is of great importance.

pirbid

My RW Judgement says...

Post by pirbid » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:24 pm

"Wakey, wakey! Look what you have been missing all this time. Heed my call and follow, you will never regret it".

This card has always meant to me a sudden revelation popping into my mind, maybe the meaning of a dream or a situation that I couldn't see clearly before. As someone else said, the "eureka" experience.

But also the time when some people feel an inner call to make deep changes in their lives, like leaving job, country, family... and dedicating the rest of their lives to art, religion, humanitarian help or anything that has a deeper meaning to them beyond simply working for a living. I have found that it is usually quite mature people who dare make this jump, as if one had to go through all previous life experiences before giving it all up and taking a real Fool's plunge into the unknown. Only they have a deep conviction to guide them because, maybe for the first time, they feel they are following their inner guide and hearing its voice loud and clear (as opposed to dream images, hunches and brief intuitions).

I had these images ready before I read Gem's allusion to other Major Arcana, so I will comment these first, then compare the others.

Scapini's is the more traditional card, steeped in religious lore, as many of you have interpreted the card. Since I am unfamiliar with notions like "the day of reckoning" and karma, they never come to mind when I look at the card, although it surely depicts that very thing. A bit creepy, though...

Robin Wood's depicts the rebirth of the mythical phoenix, rising from its cinders to a new life. Here, the idea of rebirth, or a new beginning, seems to be filled with joy and none of the negative, judgmental aspects.

Once more, the Ancestral Path goes its own way with its onirical images of labyrinths, astral projection and trying to look beyond the reflection of ourselves. I find this is what dream analists try to do when they plunge into their dreams in search of new insights and try to hear the voice of their inner guide through them.

Gem, I suppose you were referring to the cards meanings when comparing them. I looked for Temperance and Justice and put them beside Judgement, but then I was struck by the fact that there are three angels in the Major Arcana, so I put The Lovers together with the others in order to compare the images, rather than their meanings.

I find the angels in Lovers and Judgement try to guide, while Temperance and Justice would be more like examples to follow. But it would be something like: "See your options" (Lovers), "think on them and try to see them clearly" (Justice), "Don't let yourself get carried away, be moderate in your plans" (Temperance), "But, once you are sure, act on it!" (Judgement). This is the order in which they appear in the life line and the story that came to mind while watching them.
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

glenellen

Post by glenellen » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:47 am

judgement,  rejoice its your time now you have made peace with yourself you have earned joy and happiness your spiritual side is awakened

windspirits

Judgement

Post by windspirits » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:39 pm

It is time to be rewarded for all your goodness.  This is the time you are held accountable and praised for your efforts and unselfishness.  You have followed your path, enlightened others, without hesitation, now it's your turn to be recognized and rewarded.  You are being rewarded for your accomplishments and now the cycle can begin a new with a new birth, resurection if you will.  You don't necessarily have to be flesh dead to be renewed.  You have the golden opportunity to begin again.
Attachments
20-Judgement.jpg
20-Judgement.jpg (14.43 KiB) Viewed 5219 times
Feel the gentle winds of the windspirits

farafina

Post by farafina » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:22 am

This card always makes me think about the Bible and Judgment day when all the dead are being resurrected and the Trumpet is sounding and everyone is held accountable for their actions. If you committed evil actions, it is time to face the day. If you behaved with goodness and sincerity, then you are to be rewarded.

This is another card that I associated with speed and rapidity. In terms of time frames or timing...

appylover

Post by appylover » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:19 am

A second chance. A time to take stock of your life, and change your ways,to be a better person. Maybe you treated people wrong,were abusive to your family,stole money,addiction to drugs. Now you see things in a different light and want to change your ways and be a better person and make a new life for yourself.

pirbid

New decks!

Post by pirbid » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:10 pm

Llewellyn's reminds me of the 4 of Swords, with the warrior apparently laid to his rest up close. No angel, no trumpets, just dreamy catacombs and lovely colors.

Marchetti's is my favorite version, since he has kept the essentials: trumpeting messenger and raising anima, but left out the graves, which were not the most aesthetic part of this card. The colors are also amazing.

Even Universal's is a refreshing change, with the people raising from flowers rather than graves and the messenger trumpeting from a soaring bird.
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

xaxaa

Post by xaxaa » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:42 pm

Judgement makes me think of the end of something! I think it has much to do with Justice
but perhaps the difference is that after the Judgement you have no other chance to change behavior...
I still think that you have nothing to fear if you have behaved well....
Perhaps something new is coming...
It could also be time to judge the situation and and make decisions for the best!

I think this might be a positive card.
Attachments
20.JPG
20.JPG (120.44 KiB) Viewed 5127 times

deelitefullyme

XX Judgement

Post by deelitefullyme » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:33 pm

judgement - called to face your past before moving on.  Time to acknowledge what ever happened and let it go.

temperance - remain balanced no matter what the circumstance.

justice - karma: what ever decisions you make will have consequences on your future.  

These cards are quite different.  Judgement has more to do with acknowledging your past actions, temperance is to adjust to changing situations and circumstances, while justice is facing your consequences based on your past actions.

Mandimedea

Post by Mandimedea » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:08 am

I think that Justice is facing the consequences on a daily basis througout life for your actions, livin life with fairness and balance.
Temperance is how you handle things in life, good or bad.  Finding harmony in who you are.
Judgement is how everything comes back to you on how you lived your life and how you are ultimately judged by who you are and what you have done.

Return to “Tarot Homework”