Part One - The Major Arcana - 21

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

pamDemonium

Post by pamDemonium » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:34 am

Gem asks if this is the end of fools journey. I don't think so.

Life is full of cycles, up and downs, indeed the fool had major changes occur with the Death card and perhaps the chariot.  

This card depicts a bronze goddess (tho I don't feel the card is particularly feminine) carrying the world on her shoulders. To do that she must be awfully strong and of course it is through trials and tribulations that we become strong. This card denotes success and reward.
Attachments
21.jpg
21.jpg (15.96 KiB) Viewed 3711 times

grmrsan

Post by grmrsan » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:26 am

Celtic Dragon-
You did it! You made it all the way to the begining! This is a celebration, the world in your hands, the cycle of life dances around you and you can see your place in it and join in. There will be other journeys, other steps to learn and new dances, but for now it's time to enjoy what you've accomplished.

Forest Folklore-
The first thing I notice in this card is the look the Lions giving the bull. "Wait a second, I thought I was supposed to lay down net to a LAMB!"
Maybe that isn't real helpful, but thats what he looks like.
This is it, the end of the circle. The angel in one corner, and the hawk in the otheralong with the lion, bull, and a couple of trees encircle the happily dancing arrow lady in the middle. We're only seeing the back of her, as she dances on back to the begining to start a new adventure. A very happy card showing celebration, and peace, but with still the urge for the arrow dancer to keep on going.
Attachments
the worlds.jpg
the worlds.jpg (59.81 KiB) Viewed 3708 times

Cheyenne

The World

Post by Cheyenne » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:22 am

I think that the World card is not really an end per se. I think that it just indicates an inner fulfillment, a sense of wholeness and a whole lot of wisdom. It’s finally having realized your goals. And after you realized your goals you start with a new goal and you start on a new journey.
Attachments
TheWorld.JPG
TheWorld.JPG (116.51 KiB) Viewed 3706 times

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:05 pm

As she dances on the pedistal I feel as though she has conquered the world.  She has attained something that has taken great effort and discipline.  She perfoms her dance perfectly and with confidence with the world at her fingertips.
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

arianna

Post by arianna » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:54 am

A beautiful card showing us coming full circle - retirement - travel having a bountiful and abundant life that we have worked so hard to get to - Getting through the everyday ups and downs and obstacles of life
I wish that your dreams stay big and worries stay small

Sabra

Re: Part One - The Major Arcana - 21

Post by Sabra » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:14 am

Gem wrote:Image

The end of the Fool's journey? Has he seen the whole world? What are your thoughts on this card?
There is a sense of completion, but I think that the Fool has seen it through one cycle, with many more to come.  Goals have been accomplished and the Fool now feels as though he or she has everything.  But this is only one level and tomorrow is a new day.
Attachments
universe.jpg
Thoth Deck - The Universe
universe.jpg (11.53 KiB) Viewed 4035 times

winniewoo

RW:The World

Post by winniewoo » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:32 am

The world card is one of universal attainment. All lessons learned. Karmic reward.
What lies behind you and what lies before you matters not. However, what lies within you is of great importance.

pirbid

My RW World says...

Post by pirbid » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:58 pm

"I finally reached a stage of fulfillment and happiness, a sense of being tuned to my life and my needs. I have skills and knowledge at my disposal to see me through any new experiences that might come my way. I am no longer a newborn Fool, but I retain the wonder of the unknown things that await me".

I got this card only last week (right underneath the Tower, of course) and it meant to me the feeling of "having it all", or at least, of not being able to complain about my life in general. If I'm not happy, it's certainly not for lack of means and options. That won't stop me from going into another Tower phase, of course, if I think it will allow me to advance any further.

Scapini's is a beautiful World, full of color and perfectly complying with the cards usual formula: the flowery wreath, the four symbols for the archangels, the two wands in her hands... Has nobody ever wondered why it is always a naked woman seeming to dance in thin air? And, since Gem was talking about the Fool's journey, why is the Fool always a dressed male? They are very opposite images: what's the relevance, if any?

Robin Wood's gets first prize for depicting joie de vivre, as usual. Talk about a jump of faith! The interesting thing in this deck (and maybe one reason why I like it so much) is that it tends to avoid the more traditional religious symbols. In this case, the four archangels are substituted by the four elements, thereby providing a link with the Magician, twenty cards back, and also the four suits. So this card reflects having mastered all these elements (mind, heart, body and energy) and having them at our disposal in future adventures.  :)

Ancestral Path's is simply the world itself. More to the point, our world, the Earth, our home, the place where we live our lives. And the feeling is that of being able to embrace it, to appreciate its worth, to see it the way it is: the mother that nurtures us, without which life would not be possible (or so we think  :smt017 ).
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

glenellen

Post by glenellen » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:20 am

The World, you have reached your goal you succeeded in your journey of life now the world is your oyster

windspirits

The World/Universe

Post by windspirits » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:54 pm

I get the sense that the universe card is telling us that this is a confusing and complex world.  There are so many paths or roads to follow, it all jumbled up.  On our life's journey we have no idea where the universe is going to take us, so we have to explore the many roads and pathways, but we must stay grounded, keeping one foot solid so that when we have so many obstacles about us we will have some idea as to where we are supposed to be or where the universe wants us to be at this point in time.  The answers lie in the palms of our hands, we just have to learn how to read or listen to them wisely.  There are some things that we will always wish to remain hidden or kept secret and changes will always be a part of our lives.  In retrospect we are all going in circles around one another, it's just that some have more obstacles to overcome than others.  We have the freedom to go in any direction, any desires we want can be ours, the universe lets us do just that, even though we will make many mistakes along the way, but we gain knowledge and wisdom from them
Attachments
21-Universe.jpg
21-Universe.jpg (18.47 KiB) Viewed 3993 times
Feel the gentle winds of the windspirits

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:11 pm

So many wonderful interpreations of the World card and most, if not all, are on the same concept: attainment, completion, end of a journey and the beginning of another one.

Those of you who have the Rider Waite deck, can we make a comment on the symbology of the picture itself? That does not mean those who do not have the Rider Waite cannot make comments on their deck, by all means, please do :-)

Why a naked woman?
Why the closed wreath and the woman inside it?
What do the animlas on all four corners signify?
What do the rods that the woman is holding signify?

windspirits

Universe Card-Witches Tarot Deck

Post by windspirits » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:16 am

MM,

The way I see the answers to your question are as follows:

We are born naked, without interference of the natural elements,therefore the clothing which we try and hide behind is an obstacle which we must overcome and accept our bodies as the vessel in which we are encapulated.

The 4 different animals in the corners, mine has 3 animals and 1 lady head, to me these represent various strengths and wisdom which we encounter along our journey throughout life, each teaching us to be stronger and wiser as we grow, also to accept change, freedom and knowledge.  To see with our eyes, hear with our ears and use our voices to be heard, to carry our messages with us wherever we roam, to be strong as a bull, fierce as a lion and free as a bird.  The lady's face in the 4th corner is saying to me, anyway, that is, she is listening to the spirits, and that she is carring the messages of the universe and all we have to do is listen and learn.

The hands on the naked lady, as you call her, are the energies which are boundless in the universe, we are able to capture in the palm of our hands. It then allows us to be one with the universe.  There is energy all around us and if we will listen to what they are telling us, we will be able to understand and carry out their messages.  We must learn to think for ourselves, be forceful in our beliefs but not to the point of making enemies and not accepting others for their ways and powers.  We have to let everyone know where we stand on issues and not let their decisions influence ours for the sake of belonging.

This may be way off base from others and I will be interested to read other replies.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:20 pm

Thank you Windspirit, I couldnt have put it better myself.
It makes sense what you say. I am assuming you were referring to the RW deck?

windspirits

My Comments

Post by windspirits » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:31 pm

MM and thank you, but actually I was refering to mainly her questions, which I in turn used my deck of tarot cards, which I use the Witches Tarot by Ellen Cannon Reed, but the intrepretaion I believe might be somewhat the same for the RW.  Not having worked a lot with those one, I might have a different opinion.  I do have a set of RW that was given to me as a gift from a fomer employer and friend, but my husband got me the Witches deck and I have been settled with these ever since.  I trully love this deck, I feel a true connection, as I have not gotten that when handling the RW.

appylover

Post by appylover » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:09 am

A journeys end,completion,success. The fool has come a long way in life. He had a lot of experiences and now has all the knowledge he needs to help make the right or wrong decisions in life. He has come full circle.

Return to “Tarot Homework”