Gem's Tarot Class - Feedback for **The 22 Major Arcana**

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:11 pm

This exercise was great!  I'm afraid I may have relied on my memory of the book descriptions more than I would have liked to because it's kind of hard for me to articulate my impressions.  But I think this has helped me get a better grasp on my own feelings about each card.  I will press on and I look forward to working on the next lessons.
Louise
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:31 am

It's up to you how you decide to learn, but this course is about learnign to read the Tarot by intuitve reading. Did you read the theories and lectures and tutorials  http://mysticboard.org/viewforum.php?f=80 explaining why this method works? Books are not needed, and they will just hinder your learning with this method. What you do need is trust and confidence. Anyone can pick up a book but learning to read from within is much more accurate and rewarding and ultimately this method aids your spiritiual and psychic growth too :)

arianna

Post by arianna » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:37 pm

Hi Gem,

I'm really enjoying the course ( I really thought that I had to have a book with me at all times ) I will definately be going over the Majors a few more times to let them sink in but was pretty amazed at what I could get by "looking" at the cards.

Thank- you

Arianna
I wish that your dreams stay big and worries stay small

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:24 pm

Brilliant, glad you enjoyed it, If you read a lot of the other posts you will get much more in depth ideas, everyone is differnt and go and put that book on a very high shelf where it can gather dust lol

Sabra

Thanks

Post by Sabra » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:08 pm

Hi Gem,

Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together.  It always helps me to work with other people as a group.  I'm definitely looking forward to continuing.
It really helped to see everyone else's interpretations as well my own, which gave a lot of new view points.

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:00 pm

Hi Sabra, this thread is for those that have finished the 22 major arcana in depth study, you have just done the very first exercise :) and so have the whole 22 to do now before you come back here to post your comments on the course. So start with 0 The Fool and go through each thread in turn please and add your input and homework. If you get lost look at the Way Map that links to all the lessons in turn :)

Sabra

Post by Sabra » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:32 pm

Hi Gem - Sorry about that.  This is what happens when I try to do things at 3:00 in the morning. :)

Gem wrote:Hi Sabra, this thread is for those that have finished the 22 major arcana in depth study, you have just done the very first exercise :) and so have the whole 22 to do now before you come back here to post your comments on the course. So start with 0 The Fool and go through each thread in turn please and add your input and homework. If you get lost look at the Way Map that links to all the lessons in turn :)

Sabra

Re: Tarot Homework 2007 Feedback for **The 22 Major Arcana**

Post by Sabra » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:34 am

Gem wrote:This thread is for your feedback and comments on the first part of our Tarot Study.

How did you find it, what did you like, dislike? Are you raring to go on the next part? Any problems?

You can contact me via PM if you would prefer.

Thanks for coming this far. I think you have all done incredibly well :)
Hi Gem,

I'm posting once more, and this time I really did finish!  It helped me in a lot of ways to actually write what each of the cards mean to me.  I tried to keep it purely intuitive, but definitions of each card were tending to creep in at times. I loved going back through some of the posts after I was done to get the views of others.  

Only one thing was a little bit of problem and it was that I started working on this months after everybody else, and it was really hard being the only one still left in the forum.  I felt sort of like I was in a cyber ghost town.  

I found myself rushing through to try and catch up to where everybody else is.  I think it would have given me a boost of confidence to have others there giving feedback, and maybe even challenging me to go further.

Overall it was great!  Thanks!

pirbid

Thank you ever so much!

Post by pirbid » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:35 pm

Gem, I am really grateful to you for taking the trouble to do this. It seems most of us had never thought of the possibility of taking this fresh approach to learning THROUGH the cards, rather than learning the cards by heart or their meanings.

You have really made the point that, whatever our backgrounds or preexisting tarot knowledge, we end up seeing very similar things (and when we don't, it gets even more interesting and eyeopening). Very similar to the traditional meanings in books, too, so no need to worry about going off the mark.

I have learned to be more flexible and adapt what I see to each specific reading. Not only there are several possible meanings for each card, but also several ways to look at those messages that come to us while looking at a card.

I have not felt alone during this first phase because I could still read everyone's input (and did, and found it extremely interesting, too). I know most of them are still around because I see their posts in other threads. One thing I must say, though: I found the way map an invaluable tool, without which I would have been literally lost  :smt087

So yes, I am looking forward to the next bit, even though I will try to take it a bit easier. I was not compelled to go fast in order to catch up to anybody, since
I understand this course is a sort of cyclic thing (like Tarot itself!). I was just making the most of my overriding enthusiasm and the free days, since I will soon have some visits at home and will have to keep away from the keyboard for a couple of weeks.
:smt024

So, great to have met you all and looking forward to the next stage. And most special thanks to you, Gem, once again, for keeping us in the right track  :smt058

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:25 pm

You are most welcome :)

glenellen

Post by glenellen » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:44 pm

Hi gem thank you for taking time for me, the sun does confuse me i have read the meaning of this card in the book but i just dont see it, :smt017 were do i go from here im ever so eager :smt003

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Follow the Way Map which links to all the lessons, one which wil include The Sun :)

glenellen

Post by glenellen » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:44 am

Hi Gem, Thank You for your time this is a wonderful site and very enlightening, I'm not sure were to go from here, but may i ask you a question i did not read other people's description of there cards while i was doing my own i didn't want it to influence my own perception of the 22 Major Arcana cards but looking back my description of some of the cards is completely different to others and a lot of people have the same idea of a card, does this mean i have read it wrong or i am not seeing the true meaning of the cards and have failed in my task

Gem

Post by Gem » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:42 pm

Nope not wrong at all. The cards mean different hings to everyone, What is important is to keep your faith and not to be swayed into believing others meanings are right and yours are wrong. They are just as right.
The 'trigger method' that is explained fuly at the beginning of the course uses your interpretations for each card, what you think the meaning is and what the card makes you think about instantly. This is then bonded to each card and when you shuffle the right card with the right meaning will come up in the right place. :)

windspirits

The first of the Major Arcana

Post by windspirits » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:01 pm

I hope I have done as you have required.  I can only put into words that which I feel in my heart.  Since I am using the Witches Tarot, I have scanned each card into my answers.  Perhaps others might find some of my interpretations a little off the wall, but that's ok.  Variety is the spice of life and that is what I believe the Tarot cards are trully about.  I am certainly in this for the long haul.  I plan to devote as much time as I can to this and I hope to gain a better understanding of how things around me work.

I too would appreciate some feedback.  Don't be afraid to tell me if I am way off, or even if I am spot on.  It's nice to get some reactions from those who are your superiors.
Feel the gentle winds of the windspirits

Return to “Tarot Homework”