Part Two - The Minor Arcana - The Aces

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Part Two - The Minor Arcana - The Aces

Post by Gem » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:44 pm

The beginning of part three is on the Tutorial board http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=26216 Please read that first :)

Image Image Image Image

Each card shows the symbol of the suit grasped in a hand that seems to come from the clouds. The raw element of each suit offered in a hand as a gift?  Starting the Minors with the Aces is a great way to get the feeling of each suit, and makes it easy to compare their emotions.

The Ace of Pentacles.... wealth, money, gold, and what looks to me like gentleness or is it being careful not to drop or lose the gold?

The Ace of Cups, overflowing love, water, abundance?

The Ace of Wands, energy, strength, a strong hold?

The Ace of Swords, forthright and cutting, straight to the truth, conflict, defensive, protective and ready to fight?

What emotions do you feel from each? Which do you like or dislike?  Do you fear a suit or love one?
Last edited by Gem on Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chrisdee

The Four Aces

Post by chrisdee » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:25 pm

Ace of Pentacles
It is the right time to initiate financial changes or start a business venture:Goals and plans are far reaching ,supported by material and physical resources
Ace of Cups
To be open and aware of what is been created through a new relationship or project of a personal nature
Ace of Wands
Imagination and creativity take a new course ,with ample faith and enough energy to follow through
Ace of Swords
A new way of thinking which can mean intellectual conflict ,That which is necessary to force changes and seek better solutions
Attachments
Ace.jpg
Ace.jpg (196.08 KiB) Viewed 10635 times

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:36 am

Chris what lovely cards, its unusual that your Ace of Swords has the tip pointing downwards though? I must have a look at all the other decks lol.

lavirgo

Post by lavirgo » Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:09 pm

its interesting seeing the cards all together because i found certain images
jumped right out.

ace pentacles,  its the start of a journey of having somekind of material abundance.  maybe watch your money too as in how you are getting it.

nature for some reason but im not sure why??  in the background i thought i saw a face but it looks like an archway to enter the lush grounds of where the pentacle is.  maybe time to think, be aware or nurture ones money.

ace cups,  the main thing i get, is the dove diving  in to the cup.  the
start of love/emotional fulfillment  is to be in it.  to experince it.  so maybe a wonderful feelings are being experinced or is available.

ace wands,  i just notice the leaves growing from the branch, beginnings
of new life, new actions, movements in ones life that links to more new life.

ace swords,  strong, swift, hard, cold.  i get mixed feelings with this card, because its next to the other aces.
In one sense i see strength being the sword and the crown,  but for me its odd for the crown to be where it is.
its the start of learning or experincing how to balance ones emotions, intellect.  a journey that will be hard at times because the sword can cut, but emotional learning of thinking will be learnt.

starryskies

Post by starryskies » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:34 am

Here is mine:

Ace of Pentacles, holding wealth in your hand, deserving what you get, financial freedom or at least lack of worry, ultimate financial success

Ace of Cups, perfect love, a new love, love going right, happiness and joy

Ace of Wands, new work, new life, new foundations

Ace of Swords, the end of something, severing a connection, fighting over an important matter, cutting something or somebody off

George

Re: Part Two - The Minor Arcana - The Aces

Post by George » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:15 pm

Gem wrote:The beginning of part three is on the Tutorial board http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=26216 Please read that first :)

Image Image Image Image

Each card shows the symbol of the suit grasped in a hand that seems to come from the clouds. The raw element of each suit offered in a hand as a gift?  Starting the Minors with the Aces is a great way to get the feeling of each suit, and makes it easy to compare their emotions.

The Ace of Pentacles.... wealth, money, gold, and what looks to me like gentleness or is it being careful not to drop or lose the gold?

The Ace of Swords, forthright and cutting, straight to the truth, conflict, defensive, protective and ready to fight?

What emotions do you feel from each? Which do you like or dislike?  Do you fear a suit or love one?
The Ace is number one in all the suits.  Each of the four cards have one hand coming from a cloud or clouds.  

Ace of Pentacles:   A pentacles is being offered by a hand and it sine brightly over a green grove.  Take the coin and walk the path leading to a beaitfully overgrown green arch leading to higher peaks.  Maybe the beginning of a new bussines, venture, etc... for the querent.  

Ace of Cups: The cup of life.  you have a dove of peace holding a imprinted cross waffer being drunk into the cup by the dove.  A life card, a beginnig of sprituial life, over abundant over flowing ready for you to take the plunge and know your self, your deity, etc etc.  

Ace of Swords: The begining of a new battle (not nesscary a sword swinging battle but more like a mental or phystical hard time.  agression.  the sword is crowned which would suggest you can over come these battles and win

Ace of Wands:  The begining of a new job phsyical job something you work with your hands. This is the only one of the Aces that the cloud is in mid air and not to the side of the card kind of makes you think that all your labor power comes from within itself and not from outside influences.
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Sun May 06, 2007 4:38 am

Ace of wands: beginning of a creative endeavor
Ace of cups: love in bloom
Ace of swords: mentally thinking through and conquering a problem.
Ace of pentacles: starting to put financial plans into action.

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Tue May 29, 2007 10:56 am

Pentacles - money, rewards, growth
Cups - peace, harmony, serenity, fulfillment
Wands - Beginings of life, matters of the home
Swords - Battles, success, triumph in ventures
Attachments
The Aces.jpg
The Aces.jpg (168.84 KiB) Viewed 6104 times

weezerwall

Post by weezerwall » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:19 pm

Gem wrote:The beginning of part three is on the Tutorial board http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=26216 Please read that first :)

Image Image Image Image

:)  Aces symbolize new beginnings - they're like seeds to be planted - the sources for various endeavors, projects, thoughts or emotions.

Ace of Pentacles:  the hand is protectively holding a "coin" - the symbol for material or tangible elements.  (money, property, etc.)  It could be the beginning of new sources of income or material prosperity.  

Ace of Cups:  new feelings of love, or letting life giving emotions flow like never before.. birth.  

Ace of Wands:  MY FAVORITE - time to hold out the seeds of our creativity, new ventures or projects.

Ace of Swords:  cutting through negativity, old ideas to achieve new found CLARITY.

The start of something "new" in all cases.  Aces are assets waiting to be "played".

Warmest,
Weezer

George

Post by George » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:51 pm

Gem wrote: Image

Ace of Swords:  cutting through negativity, old ideas to achieve new found CLARITY.

The start of something "new" in all cases.  Aces are assets waiting to be "played".

Warmest,
Weezer
i like that "cutting through" that's such a great way to look at that card!  i really have to remember that!  

:smt006 [/quote]
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

dreamfairy

Post by dreamfairy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:36 pm

Image Image Image Image

:) What emotions do you feel from each?
Ace of Wands - looking at the Ace of Wands makes me feel that there is potential for growth (new shoots) and, that with the hand presenting the wand, it is a gift or opportunity for new growth, a new beginning.  

Ace of Pentacles - Makes me feel that there is potential for prosperity (coin) and, that with the hand presenting the coin, it is a gift or opportunity for prosperity coming from an unexpected source (hand emerging from the cloud).  The archway leading from the garden to the hills beyond - there is opportunity of prosperity that can open doors to further your horizons and improve your financial position leading to security and stability.

Ace of Swords - makes me feel there is potential for change.  But this Ace  feels different to the hands with open palms (cup and pentacles) and the grasping of the wand.   They seem to be `offering' whereas the Ace of Swords is a firm grip, offering you a challenge. Therefore, I feel the Ace of Swords represents challenges coming into your life that will bring conflict (a sword is a weapon).   But the `gift' of the sword will allow you to `cut through the obstacles' using the mind and intellect. Because the sword is double edged and can cut both ways I feel that you would be changed by these challenges, as well as the situation you are in.

Ace of Cups - makes me feel that there is potential for spiritual or emotional growth.  With the hand presenting the cup in the palm, it is a gift or opportunity for spiritual or emotional growth. I feel that there is a strong christian symbolism in the Rider Waite Ace of Cups, with the dove and wafer, stirs deep feelings of renewal and rebirth,  There is a need to allow your emotions and intuition to guide you in making these decisions for new beginnings that this Ace brings.

Which do you like or dislike?
I don't like or or dislike any particular Ace, only that I feel that there is opportunity for growth and potential in all the Aces and it would be a pity to miss any of the opportunites that the Aces have to offer.

I am drawn to the Cups suit, whether thats because I am Pisces, a water sign, I don't know.  If I had to choose a suit that would cause me fear, then I would say Swords, because of the conflict issues.  But, we all encounter conflict in our daily lives and the worry, guilt and anguish that conflict brings, so its how we handle these conflicts and if we are willing to learn the lessons that these conflicts bring that would decide whether Swords warrants fear or not.

Is there any significance that the hands in the Ace of Pentacles and Ace of Swords appear from the left, whereas the Ace of Wands and Ace of Cups hands appear from the right?  Initially thought maybe masculine and feminine, but if Swords and Wands represent masculine and Cups and Pentacles feminine, then that doesn't fit in with the sequence above.  Any ideas?  :smt017

Dreamfairy

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:25 am

Why wouldn't it make sense that the male wands and swords and female cups and pentacles fit into the sequence?

Another idea is that left is conscious and right sub-conscious thought?

Shumani

Post by Shumani » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:32 pm

The Ace Of Pentacles - The card represents a reward for hard work, but be careful not to take it for granted.

The Ace of Cups - This card makes me think of a new love and great intimacy, maybe a fresh start or finally receiving an answer.

The Ace of Wands - This card to me represents strength and the willingness to stand up for whats right and true and the courage to go it alone.

The Ace of Swords - This card makes me feel like a great weight being lifted and the truth being seen at last. Maybe finally seeing whats right in front of you that you may
                             have missed before.

dreamfairy

Post by dreamfairy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:00 pm

Gem wrote:Why wouldn't it make sense that the male wands and swords and female cups and pentacles fit into the sequence?

:smt017 Because I thought swords and wands were masculine and cups and pentacles were feminine? And the ace of swords (masculine) and ace of cups (feminine) hands come from the right side (feminine) and the ace of wands (masculine) and ace of pentacles (feminine) come from the left side (masculine). Thats why I can't understand that they don't fit into masculine and feminine.

Dreamfairy  :)
Last edited by dreamfairy on Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dreamfairy

Post by dreamfairy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:11 pm

Gem wrote:Why wouldn't it make sense that the male wands and swords and female cups and pentacles fit into the sequence?

:smt017 Because I thought swords and wands were masculine and cups and pentacles were feminine?  But the Ace of Pentacles (feminine) and Ace of Swords (masculine) hands appear from the left (masculine) and the Ace of Cups (feminine) and Ace of Wands (masculine) hands appear from the right (masculine). Thats why I can't understand that they don't fit into the female and masculine sequence.  

Dreamfairy
Peace & Light.

Return to “Tarot Homework”