Part Two - The Minor Arcana - two's - 2

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Erinys

Post by Erinys » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:48 pm

Reading through the lessons and people's feelings toward the cards.  One I feel about the 2 of swords that is a little different is that I feel its more of a protection through intuition kind of card.  The person is guided by the moon, intuition, without the need to actually see what is at hand, and she is protected  or shielded from harm by the crossing swords.  And with the calm waters behind her things are peaceful.

2 pentacles, juggling between two choices or keeping a balance.
2 cups, healthy love/relationship
2 wands, you have the world in the palm of your hand

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:09 pm

Erinys wrote:Reading through the lessons and people's feelings toward the cards.  One I feel about the 2 of swords that is a little different is that I feel its more of a protection through intuition kind of card.  The person is guided by the moon, intuition, without the need to actually see what is at hand, and she is protected  or shielded from harm by the crossing swords.  And with the calm waters behind her things are peaceful.

2 pentacles, juggling between two choices or keeping a balance.
2 cups, healthy love/relationship
2 wands, you have the world in the palm of your hand
Hi Erinys, if you want to take part in the Tarot course you first need to sign up http://mysticboard.org/vi ... &start=250 and then you need to start the tarot course at the beginning please and work through the lessons in order. That way things will fall into place more easily. http://mysticboard.org/vi ... hp?t=33763

thanks

Thanks

arianna

Post by arianna » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:37 pm

The two of pentacles is all about juggling "stealing from peter to pay paul" trying to balance the funds.

The two of cups I see a close friendship forming a blending of ideas and compromise

The two of Rods (in my deck) The picture is of a very confident man looking over the water almost like he is waiting for his ship to come in

The two of swords in my deck he is blindfolded like he is making blind choices or making hasty decsicions - time to think things through and choose one path
I wish that your dreams stay big and worries stay small

lluvia

part 2 minor arcana

Post by lluvia » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:13 am

the 2 of pentacles-juggling,balance  THE 2 cups-friendship,love marriage.the 2 of rod success,maintain control,world on your hands.the 2 of sword looking with in ,anger. My favorite one is the 2 of rod,makes me feel in control,achieving. :smt007

BLouise

Post by BLouise » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:02 pm

I am using the Gilded Tarot deck and the twos to me symbolize beginnings.  The nature defined by the suit.  For example the 2 of cups would symbolize the beginning of a friendship or romantic relationship, the 2 of pentacles would indicate the beginning in a partnership or new business venture, etc..

I like all the twos because the beginning stages of any venture are the most exciting to me.  Everything is new and different.
“And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T.S. Elliot

Sabra

Re: Part Two - The Minor Arcana - two's - 2

Post by Sabra » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:30 am

Gem wrote:Part Two - The Minor Arcana - The Aces

Image   Image   Image  Image

Two's, each card shows a very similar yet vastly different experience?
Balance of finance in the Pentacles?
Exchange of love in Cups
Decisions and planning in wands
Protection and shielding in swords.

Which is your favourite from these cards?

What emotions does each one make you feel?

Using one or two words can you describe each one?
My favorite of the 2's is the 2 of Cups because of the bonding and meeting of minds between people.  I feel a strong sense of love and peace when looking at this card.  There is a figure in the middle that seems to tie the two together somehow... a higher power maybe? Or something that the two have in common?

My least favorite is the 2 of Swords, which I have experienced far too many times in life.  I'm psychically and emotionally blocked at the moment, so this is where I'm at right now.

In one or two words:

2 of Swords - blocked
2 of Cups - joined, unity
2 of Pentacles - balanced, flexible
2 of Wands - daring, charismatic
Attachments
2Cups.jpg
My favorite 2 - Two of Cups - Thoth deck
2Cups.jpg (12.6 KiB) Viewed 3305 times

pirbid

My RW twos say...

Post by pirbid » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:35 am

2 of Cups: "Friends again?"
The caduceus makes me think of healing... a relationship?. I feel cautiousness and care, like on a first meeting or when making up after some quarrel.

2 of pentacles: "What fun!"
This makes me feel excited and a bit dizzy, with those enormous waves in the background. It is hard, but everything is under control, so far, and we can enjoy the process.

2 of swords: "Keep away"
I feel I understand her very well. I get easily overwhelmed by emotion and that takes away any objectivity I may have had about a situation. When I feel bad, I want nobody near to help unbalance me any further.

2 of wands: "The world is in my hands"
I like this one best because it is peaceful and he seems to have all the time in the world, the means to do what he desires and the will to plan for anything. He is comfortably off and has beautiful country at this feet, what more could I want?

The first of these looks more passionate and reminds me more of a love relationship than the RW.

This two of pentacles looks even more in control, as if juggling and balancing facts of life were a way of life. Also, the ships don't look in peril of sinking, but soar like birds through the skies. It suggests to me that learning good abilities can lift your expectations in life.

This two I love because it is a well off woman instead of a man. She also seems more relaxed while appreciating what she has.
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:56 pm

My goodness Chooky,
With the deck that you have attached in your posting, I would interpret those prictures completely differently to the RW deck.
The two of Swords to me looks like a fight, conflict, almost attacking someone with a view to conquer if not subdue and kill. This is where the difference of interpreation comes between different decks.
This is not a criticism of your deck Chooky, but just an observation on how different decks depict the same card..

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:57 pm

Pirbid
I like your deck. What is it called, please? Very pictureseque.

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:06 pm

The Two's: This is where it all starts after being given the tools and opportunities by the Aces.

TWO OF CUPS: Union or re-union with someone whether it is love or friendship. Making the pledge, the duality with someone else. It can also stand for good health.

TWO OF PENTACLES: I like this man who juggles all what he has with a smile on his face against all odds (waves behind him) waiting until the ships come home. To be content with what you have and yet not be lazy or complacent.

TWO OF WANDS: One of the difficult ones for me to comprehend: I see here a man who has made a choice by holding one wand, but I cannot help notice in the RW deck that there is already another wand fastened to the marble floor with a string. I feel he has secured both his options but started on with the one in his hand. He now has the world as his oyster to move ahead.

TWO OF SWORDS: Stalemate situation. You know what has got to be said and done, but you dont do it for fear of this or that. But, sooner or later, you know you have to get rid of the blindfold and say what is on your mind in order to come out of the blind state and move forward.

Favourite? You guessed it: Two of Cups.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:10 pm

Hi, Cedars!

The cards shown are from two different decks: the ones on the sides are from the Ancestral Path Tarot and the one in the middle is from Robin Wood's.

My initial comments are on the RW, but I like comparing with a few others. If you have seen my comments on the Major Arcana, you will find cards from about 5 different decks in several combinations. But I usually explain which deck they belong to. Sorry I forgot to do so here.

Nice to have you as a class mate.  :)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:14 pm

My goodness pirbid, I just noticed your Avatar is a cedar tree, or is it not?
So ideal for my name, lol...
Nice to have you too as classmate.
I thought the Robin Wood was more of dark-ish type deck... I am not yet at ease to change or get other decks... but Gem told me about the Universal RW deck and I have seen some pictures...... Am tempted on that one.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:24 pm

:smt005 Oh, Cedars, I could not say what kind of a tree it is... I chose it because it is a bonsai (see the little pot it's in?) and my family says I am small. Another reason I picked it is that I could not get many small enough images for an avatar. I don't know where most people get theirs: mine are too heavy for the most part.

I am sure a grown cedar must be much more magnificent. See if you can find a good pic of it for yourself.

Robin Wood's deck is one of the most cheerful I have seen, and closely based on RW, so very easy to follow. If you want to see more of it, look at my comments for the Majors, as I said before. It's a good way of picking new decks for yourself, since it is hard to see many pics of each before buying.

It is through seeing it in the board posted by other students that I decided to get the beautiful Guilded Tarot.

You talk about changing decks: which one do you use now?  :)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:26 pm

I use the Original Rider Waite deck.
I am toying between the Guilded and the Universal RW deck - a much more colourful and brighter version thant he one I have.

I know one day soon I should leave the nest of the RW and get into other decks too. Am just not ready yet, I suppose.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:40 pm

I have also only read with RW so far, but Gem tells us that the course will help us relate to any deck we might feel attracted to, so I try to do it a little with my favorite ones, even though I will have to go over them again when the Guilded arrives. Looking forward to it: there is no feeling like that of opening a new deck!  :)

Hey, you did find a nice cedar for a picture! I knew it would look magnificent. By the way, is that not the official tree for Lebanon?  :smt007
Last edited by pirbid on Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tarot Homework”