Part Two - The Minor Arcana - three's - 3

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Part Two - The Minor Arcana - three's - 3

Post by Gem » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:00 pm

Image Image Image Image

Three of Pentacles, one of the teamwork cards, working as a team?

Three of Swords, heartbreak, grief, torment of the heart, such a sad card I think, a very emotional one too. this is one card that always gets a reaction doing readings, the picture is really unmistakeable?

Three of cups friendship, exhuberance, partying :)

Three of Wands looking to the future? Leading others?

Very emotional cards, which one do you like the best?

Lesson note:
Although we are looking at 4 cards at a time, please do not be tempted to rush through them as if this was one card. They are all different and working with each one in turn will help consolidate your feelings and trigger words, so when we come across them in a reading we automatically 'know' and remember the meaning that is important to us.

chrisdee

Threes

Post by chrisdee » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:54 pm

Three of cups
You are on a journey exploring the complexity of feelings these feelings are necessary for a successful relationship
Three of Wands
You have accomplished what you set out to do but there's still more to be done
Three of Swords
Love loss and betrayal
Three of Pentacles
Through skill and dedication you will be recognized for a job well done
Attachments
Threes.jpg
Threes.jpg (191.76 KiB) Viewed 10255 times

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:36 pm

Thats interesting, the three of cups is totally different as is the 3 of pentacles? Yet the other two are very similar?  Thanks Chris :)

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:28 pm

Gem wrote:Thats interesting, the three of cups is totally different as is the 3 of pentacles? Yet the other two are very similar?  Thanks Chris :)
I must be honest here when I got these cards through the post my hands where shaking before i opened the package  and when people handle them if there feelings are strong I pick up there feeling even if they don't show what they feel this as made me really interested in the cards and able to make my own meanings from the mythology pictured in the cards although it may not be the meaning given in the accompanying book which from your lessons i find is OK to find my own meaning

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:54 am

Oh Chris yes, you are doing brilliantly, you know you are, I bet you can feel the cards even more now?

I love to see what other decks have in their cards, I think that you can see the Celestial deck is a very complicated deck for beginners to learn from and the messages that you bring to the course are very intuitive and add a different dimension to the Rider Waite ones :)  Thanks

netthef1

learning thetarot

Post by netthef1 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:04 pm

What deck are these card from 2 of them look like thay are from wait deck the three of swords and the three of wands i think i reconise the other two i dont

Very good meaning to the cards and just thought that i would join in on the fun hope nobody minds just wanted to say seems you are very knowlegable thanks for your time god bless

Three of cups- The Three of Cups can stand for a mood or experience that makes you feel like dancing and singing.

Three of Wands- another meaning of the Three of Wands. When we see far, we have the knowledge to guide others to their best future. Someone who knows the way can show it to those who follow.

the Three of Swords - is a valuable warning. It is likely there is something amiss in your life that you are unaware of or unwilling to acknowledge.

Three of Pentacles -Be proud of what you do and how you do it. Then you will accomplish your "impossible" mission.
netthef1

George

Re: Part Two - The Minor Arcana - three's - 3

Post by George » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:03 pm

Gem wrote:Image Image Image Image

Three of Pentacles, one of the teamwork cards, working as a team?

Three of Swords, heartbreak, grief, torment of the heart, such a sad card I think, a very emotional one too. this is one card that always gets a reaction doing readings, the picture is really unmistakeable?

Three of cups friendship, exhuberance, partying :)

Three of Wands looking to the future? Leading others?

Very emotional cards, which one do you like the best?

Lesson note:
Although we are looking at 4 cards at a time, please do not be tempted to rush through them as if this was one card. They are all different and working with each one in turn will help consolidate your feelings and trigger words, so when we come across them in a reading we automatically 'know' and remember the meaning that is important to us.
III of Pentacles:  A man is working in the church as a monk and maybe a lady watches him.  Our 3 pentacles are apart of his handywork and built into the church.  Almost like if you put all your work into your bussiness you have something to show for it.  you are being watched as you work.  i get the feeling that in a reading this just might read like this depending of course on surrounding cards.  you are being watch and judge on how you perform you work, or something along those lines.

of course the three pentcles shaped to form the Trinty and we are in a church.

III of Hearts:  This card showed up for me in my second reading for myself and i read it as a heart break a trouble in my realtionship being stabbed in the back and so forth  (which was how i was feeling at that time) So this card still feels very strong to me in that sense.  
a cloudy and raining day that three swords perce a heart.
now, in other readings i could easily read a 3rd peson coming into between an affair of the heart.  someone sticking a knife in your back, breaking your heart and all those nasty things!  maybe a lack of trust because of a thrid person coming in between you as the middle swords is in between the two cross swords.

btw, my relationship i'm talking about we just celebrated 5 years together.

III of Cups: Here you have three women join into a circle holding up a cup each.   surround them is a bountiful harvest of fruits and vegetables.  i remeber reading that this could be compaired to three witchs in a coven dancing and sense i being reading up on Wicca so it hits me at this moment of three people coming together in agreement on something or someone and it will bear fruit and goodwill.

III of Wands:  once again we look at a Wand card with a man holding his wand and looking away from us on towards the land of the card.  he holds on to his skill or labor surronded two wands which makes me feel that he has more then one thing to offer to the land he is looking at.  he stand on a mixture of green, red, and brown where as the landscape before him is barren and empty.  Is he heading out to till the land?  doesn't look like a farmer. Maybe he will go out a build something out of nothing!  a good card if the querent is asking about starting a new venture.
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

Gem

Post by Gem » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:56 pm

III of Hearts:  This card showed up for me in my second reading for myself and i read it as a heart break a trouble in my realtionship being stabbed in the back and so forth  (which was how i was feeling at that time) So this card still feels very strong to me in that sense.  
a cloudy and raining day that three swords perce a heart.
now, in other readings i could easily read a 3rd peson coming into between an affair of the heart.  someone sticking a knife in your back, breaking your heart and all those nasty things!  maybe a lack of trust because of a thrid person coming in between you as the middle swords is in between the two cross swords.

btw, my relationship i'm talking about we just celebrated 5 years together.
 Congratulations,   Our own experiences do influence how we interpret the cards :)

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Sun May 06, 2007 4:22 am

Three of wands: waiting to see the friuts of your labor
Three of cups: celebration
Three of swords: heartbreak, depression
Three of pentacles: working

I like the three of cups best, It's so festive.
MysticCrystal

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Tue May 29, 2007 11:56 am

Pentacles - Being admired for a job well done, being part of a team
Swords - Stormy times ahead, heartbreak in regard to relationships close to the heart
Cups - A time for celebration
Wands - Being proud of your achievements, this card also has a feeling of being isolated.
Attachments
The Threes.jpg
The Threes.jpg (123.34 KiB) Viewed 6075 times

weezerwall

Post by weezerwall » Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:33 pm

"3" is an interesting number anyway.  I think it's harder to get 3 people to agree/work together that just 2 so these cards seem to show some aspect of that process:

3 Pentacles:  we see the product of what the material skills of a team can put together.  (the 3 pentacles built into the structure).  When they are synthesized and brought together, something stable is created.

3 Swords:  clearly what happens when the team doesn't work together. In this case, something "personal" has broken the heart of the team.  Lots of tears, disappointment and sorrow.  Just looking at the card makes me sad.
:smt010

3 Wands:  shows that every team needs some type of leadership - someone with a vision to organize and arrange, set goals and help everyone move forward.

3 Cups:  the joy that successful teamwork brings.  

The "messages" of the 3 of Cups and Swords are the "easiest" for me to understand.  The images are so clearly portrayed.  EMOTION just seems to scream out of both cards.  Pentacles and Wands seem to be more contemplative - I really have to be still to hear what I think they're trying to say...

Warmest,
Weezer

successgoodhealth

Post by successgoodhealth » Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:13 pm

The card I like the most?....  
easy... 3 of cups... Making myself happy and sharing my joy with others!

Three of Pentacles
Making money at what you are really good at, while getting along well with
your co-workers. Working on a job that you love and you are making
decent money too!

Three of Swords:
The person is creating their own trouble and problems, and is attracting a "rival"
which causes a "triangle" relationship situation.
Because of this, they become very unhappy with the triangle relationship...
To the point that they could end up in court for a divorce, separation, or
some kind of dispute.
-I also agree with "a third person came inbetween." It doesn't necessarily
have to be a love relationship...could be a friendship on the rocks.
You know, someone you trusted [too much] betrays you...could even
become a witness against you in court.

Three of cups
Making myself happy by making plans to celebrate with friends and
toasting to love and life. Could also mean a birth, engagement, or
marriage to be celebrated.

Three of Wands
Wanting to start a new business or to find a partner to work with and share
ideas and goals with that will bring us both success in our business together.
Or...I could say that I am in the process of planning a new business...
or that I am thinking about things that could help me with my business
...making goals...making plans...that will bring me success in some way.l
:smt049

Shumani

Post by Shumani » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:47 pm

3 OF PENTACLES
listening, help making a decision, not being alone, working as a team.

3 OF SWORDS
Heartache, loss, feeling rejected. Being let down by a loved one.

3 OF CUPS
Celebration, sharing the reward, trusting others

3 OF WANDS
openmindedness, leadership, sense of power. Having the courage to stand up and lead the way.

I found the 3 of cups the easiest to read with it being the most obvious. The hardest to deal with was the 3 of swords as it represents what most people dont want to hear.

pamDemonium

Post by pamDemonium » Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:38 pm

well of course it's easy to pick my favourite. 3 of cups of course. Celebration, surrounded by loved ones

3 pentacles team work, co operation, hard work

wands opportunities or choices to be made in regard to work. Harmonious relations

swords is sadness , things go against us, time of strife
Attachments
52.jpg
52.jpg (15.05 KiB) Viewed 6033 times
38.jpg
38.jpg (13.59 KiB) Viewed 6033 times

Cheyenne

Three's

Post by Cheyenne » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:31 am

I feel that these cards are all somehow about groups. Except maybe for the 3 of Wands. He seems to be more of a loner. That is when he's not leading. :D

3 of pentacles shows working as a team to get a project done.
3 of swords of course shows a heartbreak. However to me it seems more of a triangle. It looks as if there is a third person who is involved either directly or indirectly.
3 of cups shows celebration and friendship. It could also indicate someone joining a group. Or a new co-worker.
3 of wands shows planning the future, looking for the unknown. And ‘leading’ others.

Return to “Tarot Homework”