Part Two - Minor Arcana - 8

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Part Two - Minor Arcana - 8

Post by Gem » Thu May 17, 2007 11:00 am

Image Image Image  Image

These cards to me all have really strong storylines.They are like the picture that paints a thousand words? I would like you to work through each picture, try and see a positive and uplifting meaning in each and perhaps a negative or downside to each too.   Think of the different meanings and then choose one and see if you can wirite a short story, a paragraph or so on the picture, where is the querent? Is the card in positive  or negative mode?

For instance..... the 8 of swords, in negative mode the meaning is quite obvious? Restraint, blindness, damp, fear, cold, stress?  In positive mode perhaps the lady is playing with her children, the swords arranged to stop them from going near the water and cliff face, blind mans bluff where she is blindfolded and has to find them?

chrisdee

Eights

Post by chrisdee » Thu May 17, 2007 4:34 pm

Eight Cups
negative aspect:Here i see a man that as realized that the partnership/relationship work project he as put so much love and devotion into isn't working. so bravely he has turned his back on it, as the moon is out this may not have been an ease decision/ positive aspect: but the sun shines to so although he as a up hill struggle with his emotions he knows tomorrow will bring another day so the way he feels wont last .his red cloak gives him the strength to see a new day although his green trouser say he doesn't know what the future holds
Eight Wands
positive aspect:Here i see a bright blue sky and fertile branches all heading for the sky which makes me feel optimistic may be i will travel through the sky or my business will hit a busy time:negative aspect:somebody has turned my world up side down now i have delays in travel or my business will hit hard times this gives me a sinking feeling
Eight Swords
negative aspect:This i feel is an illusion Ive been bound and blind folded ,blind in a situation so led to believe by my despair that i cannot move from where i am, in this state of mind i can only make my self feel worse. positive aspect:If i except my guilt or that i did my best, then i will  move away from these bad feelings i have and feel good again
Eight Pentacles
positive aspect:Here i see my self mesmerized in the moment I'm not doing this for any one else but my self so i loose my self in my work and do the best i can, this is something i enjoy and i will get better and better at it if i work hard, i could earn a living with this skill: negative aspect:ho darn-it Ive hit my thumb cant work now ill live of someone else and be lazy

George

Re: Part Two - Minor Arcana - 8

Post by George » Fri May 18, 2007 10:21 pm

Gem wrote:Image Image Image  Image

These cards to me all have really strong storylines.They are like the picture that paints a thousand words? I would like you to work through each picture, try and see a positive and uplifting meaning in each and perhaps a negative or downside to each too.   Think of the different meanings and then choose one and see if you can wirite a short story, a paragraph or so on the picture, where is the querent? Is the card in positive  or negative mode?

For instance..... the 8 of swords, in negative mode the meaning is quite obvious? Restraint, blindness, damp, fear, cold, stress?  In positive mode perhaps the lady is playing with her children, the swords arranged to stop them from going near the water and cliff face, blind mans bluff where she is blindfolded and has to find them?
Lesson8minor

VIII of Wands:
Last time we left the Wands we had a man struggling with seven wands with one in hand and he almost had the struggle under control until, out of nowhere, another wand join in then he became overwhelmed and threw all eight away.  
Upon second thought, armed with a new ideal to take on one struggle at a time, he walks up to where they planted themselves.  He knows with every trouble you learn and become stronger.  He knows there is plenty of good soil and water nearby so he will tend the ground and nurture it.  He knows with hard work that his troubles with go away and something new and wonderful will grow from his effort.  

VIII of Cups:
A man with a staff walks away from everything that he has known. He leaves his wife, his kids, and all his possessions.  He feels lifeless as the night he walks into.  He feels hopeless as a candle’s last wick.  The day is fading and the candle is burning out.  He now must face the dark and stumble his way the best that he can.  He not sure why he feels alone and sad or why he must start over.  He just knows that it is the path he must take.  
What door will open?  What will be the next card to drop?  Will he face doom or happiness?  Will he buy a shiny new red sports car and find a younger girlfriend?  

VIII of Swords:
There are a lot of options, opinions, worries that surround and hold our blindfolded women.  Thankfully she is not gagged and can still speak her mind.  If she cannot reach the river she can still touch the puddles.  If she can see past her blindfold and turn around there is a path between the eight swords that keep her from straying off the path.  If only she would remove her blindfold and turn around  and follow the path to the river.

VIII of Pentacles:
“I’m almost done!  I just need to finish this one and my collection will be complete.  I’ve work all day and if I can just go on, for just one more, just one more, then I will be done!  I will have gain more then the faces on the coin and their worth.  I will know my own worth and cherish it.”
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Mon May 21, 2007 10:07 pm

Eight of wands: sucess, swiftness
   Reversed:stagnation
Eight of cups: starting a journey of self discovery
   Reversed: divorce
Eight of swords: burdens, fears, bondage, restriction
   Reversed:new beginnings, relaxation, pressure leaving
Eight of pentacles: craftsmanship, skill, financial recognition
   Reversed:slowdown in work, mediocre work, think about a new career

George

Post by George » Mon May 21, 2007 10:14 pm

mysticcrystal wrote:Eight of wands: sucess, swiftness
   Reversed:stagnation
Eight of cups: starting a journey of self discovery
   Reversed: divorce
Eight of swords: burdens, fears, bondage, restriction
   Reversed:new beginnings, relaxation, pressure leaving
Eight of pentacles: craftsmanship, skill, financial recognition
   Reversed:slowdown in work, mediocre work, think about a new career
glad to see you feeingl up to posting your lessons!  :smt026   which of course means you may be at home which is always better!  :smt039

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Mon May 21, 2007 10:18 pm

Thank you! I am in alot of pain, but I really needed to catch up. I won't be saying much for awhile until I can sit up for longer periods of time, but it's really nice to be welcomed back  :)

George

Post by George » Mon May 21, 2007 10:22 pm

mysticcrystal wrote:Thank you! I am in alot of pain, but I really needed to catch up. I won't be saying much for awhile until I can sit up for longer periods of time, but it's really nice to be welcomed back  :)
sorry to hear about the pain   :smt089  although as much as you may want, don't overdue it  :smt018  but for sure try a little bit more each day on your journey of healing and you will see how much better it will get!   :smt059

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Mon May 21, 2007 10:23 pm

Thanks, George. This is kind of fun, instant emails  :)

Gem

Post by Gem » Tue May 22, 2007 2:18 pm

aww and I misssed you too, glad to see you back posting, will send you lots of painfree energies too xxxxxx

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Tue May 22, 2007 10:48 pm

Thank you, Gem. The energies are working! Ant suggestions on crystals to help with the healing process?

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Wed May 30, 2007 11:49 pm

Pentacles
Postive - The man enjoys his work and very dedicated, he is good at his craft, it has taken him many years to get to where he is, where his skill is admired by others
Negative - He is working late again, his family will be upset again, his wife thinks that he spends too much time at work, and not enough time at home spending time with their children.  She doesn't understand, that if doesn't finish this job, there will be no more work.

Swords
Positive - Although this woman is blindfolded and bound, she can still move, there is still a path out of this situation, she just needs to follow the water and she will find the river
Negative -She is feeling pressured, alone, and backed into a corner, she is feeling bound by a decision she choose to make, the only way to continue on is  blindly, on a path that is murky

Wands -
Positive - There are opportunites coming , there will be ample resources to start new and complete old things
Negative - Too much happening all at once, looks like many things being thrown at you, not prepared

Cups
Positive - The man needs to go and find more resources to finish his job, it will take time so he has set off at night, so that he will be well underway the next day, it will be a long journey
Negative - He is sick of this situation, he needs to take some time away, to think about what is important to him, he doesn't know when he will be back, but he does know that he could be gone for quiet some time

Gem

Post by Gem » Thu May 31, 2007 10:40 am

Thanks Chooky, you are really understanding these cards :)

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Thu May 31, 2007 1:03 pm

Thanks for the feedback Gem, as this is my first time doing anything like this, any comments are good.  

And yes to the other comment about two ways to learn the cards, this way has been fabulous.  I actually like trying to figure out the card and post my ideas, and then look up what the card actually means...very interesting...

weezerwall

Re: Part Two - Minor Arcana - 8

Post by weezerwall » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:32 am

Gem wrote:Image Image Image  Image

8 WANDS - Woosh!  I throw my (rods) ideas into the air and watch them fly!! If I've calculated the wind direction carefully, they will land on "fertile" ground where they'll take root and grow into a magnificent orchard of fruit!  NEGATIVE:  My rods (goals & energies) are scattered and wasted.  Fall on barren ground.  

8 CUPS - I've made some friends and had positive adventures of the heart.   These are the 8 cups standing.  Having "left my mark" - perhaps touched the lives of others in some way, I feel satisfied and excited about moving on to the next destination.  NEGATIVE:  The cups I tried to fill still remain empty - no one accepted the love I had to give.  I would like to keep trying, but it's pointless. I move on "unwillingly".  

8 SWORDS - At last I have been given a chance to STOP and EXAMINE how my thoughts and behaviors have limited my progress.  My hands are bound and I am blindfolded - now I have no other choice than to turn inward - to become less rigid so that my hands are free - I can untie myself and remove the blindfold.  NEGATIVE:  Some episode has forced me into a vulnerable/hopeless position. I am backed into a corner -  I feel powerless and trapped by "people"/circumstances. I've assumed a victim posture/mentality.

8 PENTACLES - I've have worked very hard to master my craft and my hard work is starting to "pay off".  I have created something beautiful, stable and plentiful in the world and I will be "rewarded" for this.  NEGATIVE:  I feel LAZY!!  Perhaps I've become a workaholic - obsessed with job/money making and now I find no satisfaction in my craft.  OR perhaps I have a talent, but am not motivated to develop it.

Warmest,
Weezer

pamDemonium

Post by pamDemonium » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:41 pm

swords A girl is surrounded by pointed swords but she is no victim.
POS: You many choices. Carefully considers each one.
NEG Don't let indicision hinder your journey.

pentacles. She looks at her perfectly crafted pentacles and appreciates her handiwork.
POS: Youare good at your job and working to become the best in your field rather than focussing just on the money received.  You will be rewarded for your fine work.
NEG You aren't appreciated for the fine work  you do.

Cups Card shows the pouring out of hearts and a wistful face
NEG: You have been disappointed in love. There's sadness and frustration that it was beyond your control.
POS: Not sure there is one. Perhaps a cleansing of all matters of the heart to be able to move on to a new interest

Wands A strong firery card depicting a woman with wands pointed diagonally upward.
You have know some triumph The signs are all there that the only wayfor you is upward and onward.
NEG: Make sure you maintain your dedication
Pos:
Attachments
71.jpg
71.jpg (13.21 KiB) Viewed 6440 times
43.jpg
43.jpg (13.51 KiB) Viewed 6440 times

Return to “Tarot Homework”