Part Two - The Minor Arcana - 10

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

pirbid

My RW tens say...

Post by pirbid » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:23 am

- 10 of Wands: "Life is a constant struggle. I do not know how much longer I will be able to take care of everything. What will they all do if I fail one day?".

- 10 of Pentacles: "Yes, my boys, hear their petty squables: they have it all, mostly through my efforts, and they still seem unable to appreciate it. Good thing I still have you, my faithful companions".

- 10 of Swords: "Oh, I am done for!... All have abandoned and betrayed me... Everyone and everything I once trusted with my heart and soul has turned out to be false and traitorous... They stabbed me and left me to die alone and helpless... Good bye, cruel world... good bye...". End of Act X.

- 10 of Cups: "See, dear! We have finally everything we dared hope for: we can live a simple life in this beautiful country and raise our children free and happy. Our joy knows no limits".

In these four cards I am struck by the fact that most of them are about perception: the wands perceives himself as the only one able to carry all burdens (my mum is like that, hee, hee); the pentacles are unable to perceive the good things around them; the Swords sees himself as a total victim with no hope at all; only the Cups seem to be able to appreciate what surrounds them.

So, maybe focusing on labor (wands), not valuing what we already have (pentacles), exaggerating our wrongs through the constantly stabbing rational mind... can only be overcome by the loving vision of the cups. Love can put things in a new and satisfying perspective.

This Ancestral Path 10 of swords seems to have a ninja as the assassin, so is a bit more sinister: the victim was not making it up, after all.

Robin Wood's 10 of pentacles seems to give happiness all around, so the whole family is contented with their everyday life.

And, finally, the Ancestral 10 of wands does have a real burden that she lovingly embraces: she is working for herself and her children and that is the only goal she can afford to think about.
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

George

Re: My RW tens say...

Post by George » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:10 pm

pirbid wrote:- 10 of Wands: "Life is a constant struggle. I do not know how much longer I will be able to take care of everything. What will they all do if I fail one day?".

- 10 of Pentacles: "Yes, my boys, hear their petty squables: they have it all, mostly through my efforts, and they still seem unable to appreciate it. Good thing I still have you, my faithful companions".

- 10 of Swords: "Oh, I am done for!... All have abandoned and betrayed me... Everyone and everything I once trusted with my heart and soul has turned out to be false and traitorous... They stabbed me and left me to die alone and helpless... Good bye, cruel world... good bye...". End of Act X.

- 10 of Cups: "See, dear! We have finally everything we dared hope for: we can live a simple life in this beautiful country and raise our children free and happy. Our joy knows no limits".

In these four cards I am struck by the fact that most of them are about perception: the wands perceives himself as the only one able to carry all burdens (my mum is like that, hee, hee); the pentacles are unable to perceive the good things around them; the Swords sees himself as a total victim with no hope at all; only the Cups seem to be able to appreciate what surrounds them.

So, maybe focusing on labor (wands), not valuing what we already have (pentacles), exaggerating our wrongs through the constantly stabbing rational mind... can only be overcome by the loving vision of the cups. Love can put things in a new and satisfying perspective.

This Ancestral Path 10 of swords seems to have a ninja as the assassin, so is a bit more sinister: the victim was not making it up, after all.

Robin Wood's 10 of pentacles seems to give happiness all around, so the whole family is contented with their everyday life.

And, finally, the Ancestral 10 of wands does have a real burden that she lovingly embraces: she is working for herself and her children and that is the only goal she can afford to think about.
i love the arch with the pentacles, that's kind of cool looking!   the mother and her children is great! love the art work!  it for sure says something different to me that the RW decks.  its like i will protect you no matter how heavy the burden!
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

anas

Post by anas » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:40 am

The 10 of swords.... this card appeared to me few days ago. i was already confused when i did this reading and this card signifies a very big heartache or shock which is followed by some kind of a new hope but after a long while.

I was already worried about an issue, and there u go, two days after, i lost my best friend...

I always have doubts about the meaning when i perform a reading, but this time, the result was so quick....

It left a lot of sorrow in my heart, yet... as the card signifies, there's nothing left to be done.  :smt010

George

Post by George » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:10 pm

anas wrote:The 10 of swords.... this card appeared to me few days ago. i was already confused when i did this reading and this card signifies a very big heartache or shock which is followed by some kind of a new hope but after a long while.

I was already worried about an issue, and there u go, two days after, i lost my best friend...

I always have doubts about the meaning when i perform a reading, but this time, the result was so quick....

It left a lot of sorrow in my heart, yet... as the card signifies, there's nothing left to be done.  :smt010
sorry to hear about your lost.   :smt009  

when in reading you have to go with you intuition (feelings) when reading for yourself or anyone else.

i had that card come up for a friend and they were freaked out by it. "well that can't be good" she said.

anas

Post by anas » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:57 am

I always use my feeling during a reading.. actually, some friends ask me to read for them but i just refuse when i am disturbed or not being able to concentrate... some people consider that i am snobbish, but that's not true... i will not read for someone when i am so un prepaired... i need my on atmosphere and i can't do it just when i am asked to do it.

Do u guys face this too?

George

Post by George » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:16 am

anas wrote:I always use my feeling during a reading.. actually, some friends ask me to read for them but i just refuse when i am disturbed or not being able to concentrate... some people consider that i am snobbish, but that's not true... i will not read for someone when i am so un prepaired... i need my on atmosphere and i can't do it just when i am asked to do it.

Do u guys face this too?
yes, I've had those moods too.  you can read for someone if your not ready no matter what the reason it is.  its not fair to them at all if you can't give them your all.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:13 pm

:) Yep, very often. And it is for the best interest of everyone concerned in a reading.

I do not find the ten of wands so bad, however. It is usually a person's tendency to overburden herself woth everybody's problems. As an attitude, it can be changed. Of course, it depends on the deck you are using: I was never faced with the meaning you encountered, Anas: what was the deck you were using?
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

glenellen

Post by glenellen » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:55 pm

TEN OF SWORDS.. really powerful card...this card says to me be careful someone close to you someone you trust will stab you in the back, this person has already decieved you but you are not prepared to admit this to yourself, it will be a servere blow you will feel you have lost but you cannot go down any further

farafina

Post by farafina » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:16 pm

What strikes me here with the Tens is the fact that all the cards represent the extreme of situation, the paroxysm and the maximum. It seems also that the cards speak about the spiritual realm as opposed to the actual real  and physical world.

10 Pentacles: no flaw in this picture... A feeling of complete fulfillment. I feel that the querent could be just anyone of the characters. I f a child, then you are loved and cherished by your parents and well provided for... If an animal, you are well fed and entertained. If the elderly, you children ahve not abandoned you, they cosnider you very much a central part of their life. etc... If a couple, then they will live happily ever after and have many children... This picture emphasizes material comfort though ( nice buildings, decorations and sculptures)

10 Wands: The young man, not only overburdens himself, but also is not even looking to see where he is going, or what is around him. He is only concentrting on his load and not on his surrounding. There might be someone behind him that is willing and able to carry part of his load. Also, does he really have to carry all those sticks in one setting? He could have made two trips!

10 swords: That hurts. This is the only card I find worst than the 3 Swords. The feeling of being hurt here is not only in the heart (like the 3 of swords) but all over the body, from the head to the buttocks. This is completel clinical depression, with a feeling that the bottom has been reached. Only death is better than this. The good news about this card is that nothing else can be worse than this.... and also, can't we see dailight rising with a beautiful yellow color..? Hope is there. After night, comes day.

10 cups: This is almost a replica of 10 pentacles , except that this is purely affective and sentimental. A fulfilled family, love that is pure with no material things attached to it. Innocent and genuine love and joy. It is not about how much money we have and how big a house we have but this is about nature and people.

appylover

Post by appylover » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:49 pm

10 of swords: He feels like he has been stabbed in the back. Maybe a business decision gone wrong due to his partner going behind his back and closing the deal. But realizes now that all along he did not need a partner anyway. He can make it on his own.

deelitefullyme

10 of Swords

Post by deelitefullyme » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:26 am

Can you find a positive meaning for this card?

The fight is over.  You don't have to struggle anymore.  Just let go.

Sometimes things just have to end.  I don't see that as a negative.  I see that as a positive in situations where you have poured too much time and energy just to find that the outcome is the same.  Sometimes it's okay to just let go and give up.

Mandimedea

Post by Mandimedea » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:01 pm

10 cups fulfillment, wishes coming true
10 pentacles finer things in life obtained by hard work, reward
10 wands heavy weight or burden, tired and weary but must go on-struggles
10 swords end of something-relationship, partnership, health issue, pain, struggle.

the positive i see with the sword card is that all is done and you can move on now, the situation has ended and nothing more can harm you from it now.

Return to “Tarot Homework”