Part Two - The Minor Arcana - 10

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

Gem

Part Two - The Minor Arcana - 10

Post by Gem » Thu May 17, 2007 11:17 am

Image   Image    Image   Image

Coming to the end of our number cards I hope by now you are getting a good feel for the individual suits? Here are some simple keywords.

Pentacles, gold, money, welath, material and worldy goods.

Cups, love, joy abundance of happiness.

Wands, work, struggle

Swords, conflict, distress, anger,

10 of swords!  Wow what a card! Doesn't look good does it? Can you find a positive meaning for this card?

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Thu May 17, 2007 5:27 pm

Ten Swords
Back pain may be cured by acupuncture instead of surgery or may be you cant get lower than this so look to the future, it can only get better from here

Gem

Post by Gem » Fri May 18, 2007 11:51 am

ROFL, Love it!

George

Re: Part Two - The Minor Arcana - 10

Post by George » Fri May 18, 2007 11:40 pm

Gem wrote:Image   Image    Image   Image

Coming to the end of our number cards I hope by now you are getting a good feel for the individual suits? Here are some simple keywords.

Wands, work, struggle

10 of swords!  Wow what a card! Doesn't look good does it? Can you find a positive meaning for this card?
X of Wands:
A man carries a heavy burden and after all that hard work is starting to pay off because the town he is carrying it to is getting closer.  He's very willing to take up a heavy burden and carry it all the way to the end.

X of Pentacles:
Don't get to comfortable with all your wealth the dogs are at your feet.  A man of comfort maybe the husband of our IX of Pentacles lady?  Good times and good things coming your way or following the X of Wands in a spread all your work will pay off and its your day to get paid.

X of Cups:
A happy marriage with kids dancing.  embrace the rainbow because it might starting raining again but for now we sing "here comes the sun".  
I had this card come up all three times i read for this lady at work.  it always fell over her, the in the past twice position of the celtic cross meaning her marriage was happy and soild.   :smt008

X of Swords:
Get ready here comes the storm!  The battle has come and gone and you just lost.  Becareful of that that might sneak up on you.  don't let all your troubles worry you so much you feel like you have nothing to gain but to lay there and take it.  work on cleaning out your mind and thinking more positively and get rid of all those nasty pain in the backs now is the time because you can't get anymore dead then you are now.  :smt020  

speaking of the same lady at work this card also came up in one of those reading i read it as being still more conflict in the future but you could overcome it because of the X of cups.  She went, "ouch that doesn't look good!" when she first say it

good night all  :smt006

chrisdee

Tens

Post by chrisdee » Sat May 19, 2007 11:15 am

I shuffled the tens and came up with this,
(Cups)This man and his family have a happy and contented home life, as he waves good by to the children he goes of to work .(Swords)He arrives at work to find people he thought where his friends had been gossiping about him behind his back, feeling depressed and really hurt(Wands)he carries his burdens home with him. He off loads these burdens when he realizes he doesn't have to put up with the gossip. He can let go of these so called friends. (Pentacles)He finds a new job with more financial security and makes new friends.

mysticcrystal

Post by mysticcrystal » Mon May 21, 2007 10:27 pm

Ten of wands:overburdened, codependent, taking on others rsponsibitlities
   Reversed:release of burden, let go of guilt, pressure, person who unloads his burdens
on others
Ten of cups:happy home, realizing hopes and dreams, being grateful
   Reversed:difficulty in home life
Ten of swords: end of a cycle, divorce, heart attack, end of a karmic cycle
   Reversed:steady improvement in health, ready to move on
Ten of pentacles: financial success, happy marriage, purchase of a house or car, security
   Reversed:family arguments, poor investments, wasting money, financial loss

I think that think about the 10 of swords as the end of a karmic cycle is a positive experience. The pain is in the past and you finally learned a difficult lesson to help you progress on your spiritual path.

Chooky

Post by Chooky » Thu May 31, 2007 12:48 am

Cups - A feeling of having everything you need, contentment with your family life, all is good
Wands - Overburdened, too much going on, stuggling to keep up
Swords - Feeling depleted, all the energy taken out of you, people taking more from you than you can give, hurt, betrayal by others, painful times
Pentacles - prosperous, but still feeling on the outside, feeling lonely, you have the wealth but no one to share it with

weezerwall

Post by weezerwall » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:13 am

Wands, work, struggle

YES I CAN!! - You have reached the LOWEST POINT of the downward spiraling trend!!  Now the tide can turn at last - it's ALWAYS darkest before the dawn!!  :smt003

Weezer

weezerwall

Post by weezerwall » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:00 pm

Wands, work, struggle

Now back to the business at hand...

10 Wands - I see someone bearing a TREMENDOUS burden!! (The bale of reeds reminds me of Sisyphus' rock).  The man has taken this upon himself for one reason or another...perhaps he feels soley responsible for it or doesn't trust anyone else with the task.  Time to stop punishing himself...Might be a good idea to stop pushing or "delegate" some of the reeds to someone else.  Even the strongest among us need help or a rest from time to time.

10 Pentacles - Here I see satisfaction/fulfillment by completing projects - making dreams of home/family come true on the material plane.  An elderly gentlemen clothed in fine robes enjoying the garden he's created.. It's a golden time in his life - he can sit back and contently observe how is his efforts/care have bourne fruit - a stable home and a loving extended family--- loyal friends (like the dogs at his feet.)

10 Cups - Time for celebration - a marriage - two hearts coming together to bask in the bright rainbow of love, joy and happiness.  

10 Swords - The bitter end of a long journey filled with pain, despair and strife.  The battles are over - our man is completely pinned down. Time to free himself by surrendering - giving up the sword- wielding lifestyle. Give up one "life" to gain a better one.. Let go of the swords and be free of them...

Warmest,
Weezer  :smt002

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:25 pm

Yay Weezer!
YES I CAN!! - You have reached the LOWEST POINT of the downward spiraling trend!!  Now the tide can turn at last - it's ALWAYS darkest before the dawn!!  
Well done :)  Your posts are very inspirational so much enthusiasm :)

weezerwall

Post by weezerwall » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:20 pm

Gem wrote:Yay Weezer!
YES I CAN!! - You have reached the LOWEST POINT of the downward spiraling trend!!  Now the tide can turn at last - it's ALWAYS darkest before the dawn!!  
Well done :)  Your posts are very inspirational so much enthusiasm :)
:smt006 Thanks, Gem! Yes - it's true-  I'm VERY EXCITED about the cards and this course!!  Both are so helpful in "lifting" us all UP!

Warmest,
Weezer

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:53 pm

Ten of Wands: A man gathering the result of all his hard work and resources and consolidates them in one batch to reap their benefits. It is almost uncanny that we have this story after the Nine of Wands where our same man looks as though he has finished his uphil struggle and is holding on to his 9th wand - almost telling us: "this is it, I am where I wanted to get !" I suppose in the Ten of Wands our same man is gathering all his resources and heading home to enjoy his hard work.

Ten of Pentacles: The ultimate happy outcome for a family, enjoying material comfort and all the good things that money can bring.  The husband and wife going out to town with their children and pets and a grandfather figure keeping an eye on the his grand children. A family bliss with no financial worries.

Ten of Swords: Although very disturbing-looking card, but to me this tells it is the end of all pain and suffering. You have hit the bottom and you cannot get any worse than this. Like everything bad has come to an end, and this pain is over and the only way is UP and above the suffering. It can't get any worse than this, but the next step is up and heading towards healing and a fresh start.

Ten of Cups: Like the Ten of Pentacles, this one is the ultimate happiness in matters of the heart, family, love and relationships. Depending on its position in a spread and in relation to other cards, it may also mean success, acquisition of one's heart's desire whether it is at work, schook, in business, friendships and relationships in general.

I think the only negative-looking card in the Tens, which in fact means things accomplished, things achieved, is the Ten of Swords. But, I have always felt with this one that the pain and suffering is over and the next thing is to look up and put all suffering behind you.

pamDemonium

Post by pamDemonium » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:40 pm

Swords. When you have reached the depths of despair there is only one way to go....UP.

Cups. Success, joy celebration. Life is wonderful. Good relationships and family life

Pentacles. wealth success. You have worked hard and earned the rewards. Even greater rewards than you expected.

Wands, Opression . You've taken on too much work and are totally stressed and exhausted. Take the time to rest, delegate work.

arianna

Post by arianna » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:54 pm

The ten of rods - Negative is too many burdens and taking on more than you can handle - working hard but at what cost - not appreciated for the amount of work. The positive would be to let go of some of the burdens by learning to delegate - It is o.k. to ask for help sometimes you don't have to be superman or wonder woman -

The ten of pentacles - This is such a happy card - I think of a mature couple who have worked hard to get to this place of bliss a strong union between two people - Since no children appear in my card I feel that they have left the nest and this couple is about to start over with each other. The negative could be that to - what do we have in common with the kids gone where do we go from here - still a lot of compromise.

The ten of swords - It is funny to say that I feel he is stabbed in the back since he is lying on his back but I feel betrayal and sadness - Things weren't as they seemed but you can't beat a dead horse so it is time to move on - leaving a bad situation or if it is reversed then a negative cycle is over and you can start with a positive new beginning

The ten of cups - You have reached the end of the rainbow and found true love - your cup overflows with happiness and have attained true contentment - The negative could be some delays possibly a few obstacles along the way but you will get there.
I wish that your dreams stay big and worries stay small

Sabra

Post by Sabra » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:22 am

10 of Swords
As for a positive, I don't think that I can beat Chrisdee's acupuncture interpretation. :) .  I don't see any blood on the card and since I relate swords  to mental processes, I'm going to say that the swords in the back are more just a frame of mind.  Anything that might be wrong is being grossly exaggerated or even imagined.  If there is actually a problem, it doesn't seem that it can get any worse.  This card tells me not dwell on issues, but to stand up, myself off, and move forward.

10 of Cups
It seems that in terms of family and romance, all desires have been achieved.  Everyone in view seems happy, loving, and loved.

10 of Pentacles
This is the height of prosperity.  There is financial security and abundance,  and no shortage of luxury.  There are no  worries in site, at least at this time.

10 of Wands
There is far too much on the plate and it seems endless.  This calls for a slow down.  Or some circumstance, this card may mean that you need to struggle harder if you are going to achieve what you want.

Return to “Tarot Homework”