Court Cards

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

pirbid

Court Cards

Post by pirbid » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:53 pm

I just finished homework on all court cards and still find myself unsure when they appear in a reading: there is no way to be sure whether they are referring to the querent, to other people I know nothing about, or to situations.

I suppose the pages could refer to the querent's children or young relatives, or his/her students if a teacher. But they could also mean beginnings, the development of a new side to the querent's abilities, his/her inner child, some situation in which we don't feel very sure about ourselves... And then I have seen many people identify them with messengers, even though the Knights seem better fitted to that task (at least they can cover more ground on their horses :) ).

The knights would be adolescents: I find them easiest to interpret as immature people or an immature attitude in the querent. People very keen and enthusiastic but not likely to see things through to the end. Also, a passionate lover bent on conquest.

As for kings and queens, I confess to being stumped by them. I can maybe identify one as the querent and another as his/her mate, but what about the rest?

Gem, in your post about all court cards (which is locked, that is why I started this thread), you asked what would we think of getting 4 pages or 4 kings in a reading. If you must know, I would probably freak out!  :smt103
Whenever I get many court cards in a reading, I tend to think "What are all these people doing here?"

But, trying to answer your question with a bit more thought, if I got all 4 pages I would either think this querent had a very big family, or that he/she is immersed in a whole lot of new activities and trying to learn everything at once: initial enthusiasm is fine but, how much longer can they keep it all up?

If I got all 4 Knights, I would be reminded of a high school party. Also, I would expect the querent to enjoy going out and meeting people, having brief and intense encounters, but not settling easily for a single relationship.

If I get all 4 queens (and this does happen sometimes when reading for a woman), I get a feeling of gossip going around in the querent's social scene. But it could also mean being supported by friends or sisters. Or it could mean having rivals for the love of a man.

And if I get all 4 kings, it could mean the querent is easily influenced by his/her elders (parents, mentors, boss). But it could also mean there are several men courting the querent (with luck!), or that he/she is interested in several at once.

I seem to remember seeing a thread that dealt with the court cards, but it was fairly old. I will try to have another look at it.  :)
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:31 pm

Sorry not much help to you, I use my intuition, but i had to comment i love your enthusiasm and sense of humour

George

Re: Court Cards

Post by George » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:23 pm

pirbid wrote:I just finished homework on all court cards and still find myself unsure when they appear in a reading: there is no way to be sure whether they are referring to the querent, to other people I know nothing about, or to situations.

I suppose the pages could refer to the querent's children or young relatives, or his/her students if a teacher. But they could also mean beginnings, the development of a new side to the querent's abilities, his/her inner child, some situation in which we don't feel very sure about ourselves... And then I have seen many people identify them with messengers, even though the Knights seem better fitted to that task (at least they can cover more ground on their horses :) ).

The knights would be adolescents: I find them easiest to interpret as immature people or an immature attitude in the querent. People very keen and enthusiastic but not likely to see things through to the end. Also, a passionate lover bent on conquest.

As for kings and queens, I confess to being stumped by them. I can maybe identify one as the querent and another as his/her mate, but what about the rest?

Gem, in your post about all court cards (which is locked, that is why I started this thread), you asked what would we think of getting 4 pages or 4 kings in a reading. If you must know, I would probably freak out!  :smt103
Whenever I get many court cards in a reading, I tend to think "What are all these people doing here?"

But, trying to answer your question with a bit more thought, if I got all 4 pages I would either think this querent had a very big family, or that he/she is immersed in a whole lot of new activities and trying to learn everything at once: initial enthusiasm is fine but, how much longer can they keep it all up?

If I got all 4 Knights, I would be reminded of a high school party. Also, I would expect the querent to enjoy going out and meeting people, having brief and intense encounters, but not settling easily for a single relationship.

If I get all 4 queens (and this does happen sometimes when reading for a woman), I get a feeling of gossip going around in the querent's social scene. But it could also mean being supported by friends or sisters. Or it could mean having rivals for the love of a man.

And if I get all 4 kings, it could mean the querent is easily influenced by his/her elders (parents, mentors, boss). But it could also mean there are several men courting the querent (with luck!), or that he/she is interested in several at once.

I seem to remember seeing a thread that dealt with the court cards, but it was fairly old. I will try to have another look at it.  :)
everyone knows if you get four of a kind you should raise and raise again!  :smt016

for me they are family members, friends, people in the querent's life or someone that may show up later.    also the ideals of those cards that can be how the querent is feeling or needs to do etc.  a wnad might mean they need to work hard and along those ideals.

use your intuition to decided what they cards mean.  everything you've written sounds good and would work for any reading so don't let it get you   down to much.  feel the cards, the first thing that jumps out at you is what's going to be right.  then look at the big picture and they will tell you more.  good luck to ya!   :smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:16 pm

:) Thank you both for the kind replies  :)

Sometimes I feel so confident in my readings, everything flows so well and suddenly... Oops, I get stumped on some card I am not very used to. Still, it is nice to know there are people around to share my doubts with. I see I have to give more free reign to my intuition, supposing it's on duty at the time  :smt003

George

Post by George » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:47 pm

pirbid wrote::) Thank you both for the kind replies  :)

Sometimes I feel so confident in my readings, everything flows so well and suddenly... Oops, I get stumped on some card I am not very used to. Still, it is nice to know there are people around to share my doubts with. I see I have to give more free reign to my intuition, supposing it's on duty at the time  :smt003
i just realized that i forgot to mention in my last post that i was feeling the same way (most do, btw) about the court cars at first.  get so stuck on them then getting lost and confused etc.  we all have those days especially in the beginning.

always share your doubts and questions even you triumphs with the class its makes learning easier and more fun.  and builds confidence in our selfs and so forth!

:smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:17 pm

:) Thank you, George. Nice to know there are still some of last year's students around to give us a hand. I suppose you have all mostly gone through the whole course already. I am getting to the actual spreads, can't wait!

Cheers!  :)

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:31 am

Pirbid my friend,

I feel so with you about the court cards.  I have in the past and still do at present. I feel sort of 'stuck' when I get them, especially the Pages, I must admit. How in the world do you interpret or read a court card when they come as an Outcome for a reading?? But.... like the rest of us, I am using more intuition than the traditional meanings of the tarot card.

You were so genuine in your expression of these court cards (I have raised this question at the beginning of my tarot lesson here) and I still find myself at odds whenever I am confronted with them. I sit back and take my time to collect my thoughts and go on from there.

Why dont we creat a deck that does not have Court cards?  :smt017

Come on Pirbid! :smt006
cedars

Return to “Tarot Homework”