Unable to open part five

Under this forum The Tarot Professor can and will be able to set the students assignments and homework. Which then must be submitted back here itself. This forum can be accessed only by MysticBoard.com Members.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, TarotModerator

pirbid

Unable to open part five

Post by pirbid » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:05 am

:) Hi!

I just finished the Pyramid spread and tried to open the next and last link in the course, but Firefox cannot manage. I never had this problem with any previous ones.

Is this link empty or no longer operative? Or am I missing something? Any other way to reach it other than through the Way Map?

Should I go next to the practice reading forum?  :smt017
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

George

Re: Unable to open part five PING ADMINS Broken LINK

Post by George » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:09 pm

pirbid wrote::) Hi!

I just finished the Pyramid spread and tried to open the next and last link in the course, but Firefox cannot manage. I never had this problem with any previous ones.

Is this link empty or no longer operative? Or am I missing something? Any other way to reach it other than through the Way Map?

Should I go next to the practice reading forum?  :smt017
i am using Firefox and try it and got the same error message.  there is a error in the link that Firefox does not like.  i tried in in Microsoft Internet Explore and it found it after a second and thats when i noticed the error.

in the beginning of the link it has one "h" too many at the beginning in the http part.  remove the extra "h" and Firefox will find the page.  

EX:
hhttp://mysticboard.org/viewtopic.php?p=136127#136127

the new link is:

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... 127#136127

hope this helps!  :smt006
Common sense dictates there is no such thing as common sense.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:04 am

:) Thank you, George! Your comp seems to be much more clever than mine  :smt003 .

I have seen it is a locked thread, but I was getting really curious about it, just as the wives of Bluebeard  :smt036  :smt036  :smt036

Anyway, does the fact that the thread is closed mean that the experiment with the Guinnea Pigs did not work as planned? Or will we newbies get our chance with our own lab rats as well?

Gem, I am not too clear how to go from now on: are you planning new lessons, like a view of reversed cards, maybe? Do we have any more reading exercises or can we just plunge into the Tarot Reading forum and God-help-the-little-creatures in it? Or should we stay in the reading exchange thread for a while?

Have not seen you much lately. I hope everything is ok and you are just overbusy, like George, here  :)

George

Post by George » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:46 pm

pirbid wrote::) Thank you, George! Your comp seems to be much more clever than mine  :smt003 .

I have seen it is a locked thread, but I was getting really curious about it, just as the wives of Bluebeard  :smt036  :smt036  :smt036

Anyway, does the fact that the thread is closed mean that the experiment with the Guinnea Pigs did not work as planned? Or will we newbies get our chance with our own lab rats as well?

Gem, I am not too clear how to go from now on: are you planning new lessons, like a view of reversed cards, maybe? Do we have any more reading exercises or can we just plunge into the Tarot Reading forum and God-help-the-little-creatures in it? Or should we stay in the reading exchange thread for a while?

Have not seen you much lately. I hope everything is ok and you are just overbusy, like George, here  :)
not sure why the thread is locked because that is about the time i wasn't posting as much.  i see its from October maybe she wants to start a new thread with new students as you say!   :smt004  
i would suggest that you jump right in a start doing reading if you feel confident in what your doing!  i was doing readings and doing the class at the same time.  the class helped a lot but you have to practice, practice and practice some more.   not to step on Gem's toes so maybe she'll have a different opinion.   :)

ttyl :smt006

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:00 pm

:) Thank you!

I have started reading on the general reading forum. If you want one, let me know and I will be happy to practice on you.  :smt020

George

Post by George » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:44 pm

pirbid wrote::) Thank you!

I have started reading on the general reading forum. If you want one, let me know and I will be happy to practice on you.  :smt020
yes, i would love a reading... i missed you request or would have replied sooner.  i haven't got a chance to read any of them yet in the general forum. i try to read all if i can but alas time is short of late.

give me the guide lines for a reading.  ex; do you want to ask a question?  or something like that.

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:52 pm

:) Hello, George. I hope you are online now. I can give you any reading you like, with or without a question. We can look at anything you may be concerned about or we can just do a general reading, whatever feels best right now. I can read either from RW or Robin Wood, which is very similar, as you might have seen all through my homework.

Following readings on the threads IS certainly time consuming: there is so much reading to do  :smt005 . There is no hurry for you to catch up: I am sure you will, eventually.

I am ready whenever you are. Take care  :)

George

Post by George » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:52 am

pirbid wrote::) Hello, George. I hope you are online now. I can give you any reading you like, with or without a question. We can look at anything you may be concerned about or we can just do a general reading, whatever feels best right now. I can read either from RW or Robin Wood, which is very similar, as you might have seen all through my homework.

Following readings on the threads IS certainly time consuming: there is so much reading to do  :smt005 . There is no hurry for you to catch up: I am sure you will, eventually.

I am ready whenever you are. Take care  :)
must have just missed you yesterday but never the less there always today.   :smt002

a general reading would be nice!  even though the traditional side me wants you to use the RW deck i would love to see the Robin Wood deck to broad my horizons.  

cant wait to read it...  :smt006

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:07 pm

:) Ok, George. Your dilemma is easily solved: since I have no camera, the only deck to fit in my scanner is the mini RW. So I will do the reading with this deck and post the whole spread and explain it.

Then, I will pick the cards I find most interesting to look at closely, the ones I feel the whole reading hinges on, and post their Robin Wood equivalent so that you can see what they look like. Then we will see if the small differences in the images can also give us broader meanings for the reading.

Ready? Off we go... Watch out for my next post  :smt120

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:41 pm

:smt115 Here we are...

This spread is called "General Life Conditions", from a book of Gail Fairfield. I chose it mainly because it fills better and fits better in the scanner than the Celtic Cross. I just learned of a more simple "Rose Cross" from a fellow boarder at another thread, but there are some points I need to clarify before trying it out.

The spread has a good general balance between Majors, Courts, Cups, Wands and Swords, meaning you are connected to your emotions, with a good general impulse and energy and clear ideas. And, most important of all, a good connection with your inner voice. Only Pentacles are nearly missing, so I would advise you to watch your economy and, most specially, your health (cannot have the one without the other, you know;)). More than half are reversed, which gives me the perfect chance to show the "reverse detractors" that it is no bad thing: for most cards the meaning is you are trying to come out of a more introspective mood and taking a new interest in what lies around you, no bad thing at all!

1- Who are you at this moment- 7 Pentacles rev: Right now you feel trapped by unsatisfying jobs or commitments. You may also be feeling a bit anxious about a project that is not going as well as it should.

2- How you are affected by people and surroundings- Knight of Wands: people around you seem impulsive, extrovert. There may be sudden separations or good byes leaving unfinished actions and plans in their wake. However, if you can find some help in the stability of Swords, you will feel self confident and energetic, too.

3- Words from your inner voice- 5 Cups rev: "Be aware of the worthy and permanent things that remain to you after taking a loss: it will make your loss seem less important". With this in mind, you will soon find help from others, friendship, new interests and occupations after a sad or disquieting situation. Be careful: when we don't accept our loss, we can make false projects and mistakes, causing unexpected anxiety and problems. Good, natural grieving is a necessary part of losing someone or something dear to us.

4- One thing you value or believe in- Temperance rev: You believe in the need to adapt and accept yourself in order to avoid extreme behavior, mood swings, disorder, impatience, inconstancy, uncontrol, dual thoughts and unnecessary worries. You keep reminding yourself that refusing to abandon old habits leads to losing advantages and taking heavy losses.

5- What you are thinking of- The Hermit rev: Maybe you are feeling the need to relate more to others, go out and mingle a bit. You might be needing some human warmth around you, but at the same time you seem to have a little introverted streak that makes it hard for you not to hide from shyness or some little insecurity. You also think you need to be careful of false advice, so you sometimes refuse help for fear of not getting a sincere offer.

6- How you are feeling- : 4 Cups rev: You feel like awakening again to the world and its possibilities, with enthusiasm for novelty and making the best of new experiences coming your way.

7- Situation you are now in- Queen of Swords: This is an intelligent and perceptive person, decided, versatile, penetrating and very skilled. Wiseness acquired through suffering and confronting pain, confusion, doubt and fear.

8- Short term influence- Hierophant: Spiritual advance is coming through good teaching and advice. By giving up some of our will to obey higher laws, we turn benevolent, peaceful, respected and loved.

9- Long term influence- 3 Wands: You will keep a solid base while widening your horizons, like maintaining old relationships while looking for new friends. This is a promising card for the future, indicating strength and success on a calm, emotionally mature person. It also means making your peace with disturbing memories.

10- The key factor- Knight of Swords rev: this card warns against being too impulsive and rash, running blindly and leaving things before they are done. Watch out for the wrong, violent action when a more quiet and careful approach is needed.

By pirbid

Another interesting way to look at this spread is to watch the vertical lines: the line on the left deals with feelings and inner voice, which end in the long term results. In this case, you begin by grieving and accepting a loss, then gradually coming out of your shell to end a more mature and succesful individual.

The line on the right has more to do with external and more immediate situations: your surroundings, your thoughts and short term happenings.  See how the agitation around you makes you cautious about whom to trust. In the end, you find that trusting a few wise people can really help you advance: you just have to find them and know them for what they are.

And the line in the middle is the more permanent George, your deep core: who you are now, your beliefs, your situation and key factors. Trapped by your external obligations, struggling to gain inner peace, finally reaching a stage of new perception after suffering and keeping in mind the dangers of acting in haste.

What I will post for you is the "smile" at the top of the spread, that depicting the long term result, your situation and the short term, because that is where you are mostly now and the three cards look beautiful together. See how they look on Robin Wood's deck:

By pirbid

As the beautiful and wise Queen of Swords, you will know how to reach the next step in your spiritual advance: see how she turns to the Hierophant for guidance? (Yes, I know this is a very Roman Catholic Hierophant; I dislike it as well but, you know, "forgive them, for they know not what they are drawing..."). Once you feel a more complete person for the hard experiences you just lived through, you can return to more adventurous pursuits from a stable and secure viewpoint: see how bright and sunny your long term future is! It makes waiting worth while, does it not?  :smt004

Hope you found some help through this reading. I feel it makes a very interesting picture of you as a full person. I really enjoyed it and learned a lot from it, so thank you for being my Guinnea pig.

Love,

Vera  :smt006

George

Post by George » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:07 pm

pirbid wrote::smt115 Here we are...

This spread is called "General Life Conditions", from a book of Gail Fairfield. I chose it mainly because it fills better and fits better in the scanner than the Celtic Cross. I just learned of a more simple "Rose Cross" from a fellow boarder at another thread, but there are some points I need to clarify before trying it out.

The spread has a good general balance between Majors, Courts, Cups, Wands and Swords, meaning you are connected to your emotions, with a good general impulse and energy and clear ideas. And, most important of all, a good connection with your inner voice. Only Pentacles are nearly missing, so I would advise you to watch your economy and, most specially, your health (cannot have the one without the other, you know;)). More than half are reversed, which gives me the perfect chance to show the "reverse detractors" that it is no bad thing: for most cards the meaning is you are trying to come out of a more introspective mood and taking a new interest in what lies around you, no bad thing at all!

1- Who are you at this moment- 7 Pentacles rev: Right now you feel trapped by unsatisfying jobs or commitments. You may also be feeling a bit anxious about a project that is not going as well as it should.
for sure feeling tapped at this moment about commitments.
pirbid wrote: 2- How you are affected by people and surroundings- Knight of Wands: people around you seem impulsive, extrovert. There may be sudden separations or good byes leaving unfinished actions and plans in their wake. However, if you can find some help in the stability of Swords, you will feel self confident and energetic, too.
not sure what you mean by this.  "if you can find help in ...."  can you explain that a little bit.
pirbid wrote: 3- Words from your inner voice- 5 Cups rev: "Be aware of the worthy and permanent things that remain to you after taking a loss: it will make your loss seem less important". With this in mind, you will soon find help from others, friendship, new interests and occupations after a sad or disquieting situation. Be careful: when we don't accept our loss, we can make false projects and mistakes, causing unexpected anxiety and problems. Good, natural grieving is a necessary part of losing someone or something dear to us.

4- One thing you value or believe in- Temperance rev: You believe in the need to adapt and accept yourself in order to avoid extreme behavior, mood swings, disorder, impatience, inconstancy, uncontrol, dual thoughts and unnecessary worries. You keep reminding yourself that refusing to abandon old habits leads to losing advantages and taking heavy losses.

5- What you are thinking of- The Hermit rev: Maybe you are feeling the need to relate more to others, go out and mingle a bit. You might be needing some human warmth around you, but at the same time you seem to have a little introverted streak that makes it hard for you not to hide from shyness or some little insecurity. You also think you need to be careful of false advice, so you sometimes refuse help for fear of not getting a sincere offer.

6- How you are feeling- : 4 Cups rev: You feel like awakening again to the world and its possibilities, with enthusiasm for novelty and making the best of new experiences coming your way.

7- Situation you are now in- Queen of Swords: This is an intelligent and perceptive person, decided, versatile, penetrating and very skilled. Wiseness acquired through suffering and confronting pain, confusion, doubt and fear.

8- Short term influence- Hierophant: Spiritual advance is coming through good teaching and advice. By giving up some of our will to obey higher laws, we turn benevolent, peaceful, respected and loved.

9- Long term influence- 3 Wands: You will keep a solid base while widening your horizons, like maintaining old relationships while looking for new friends. This is a promising card for the future, indicating strength and success on a calm, emotionally mature person. It also means making your peace with disturbing memories.
a lot of truth in what you have said and saw in the cards which i wont go over every point but some good stuff.
pirbid wrote: 10- The key factor- Knight of Swords rev: this card warns against being too impulsive and rash, running blindly and leaving things before they are done. Watch out for the wrong, violent action when a more quiet and careful approach is needed.
right this very moment woke up to something i want to be really be rash about.   but am holding back and letting the rain wash it all away!  
pirbid wrote: And the line in the middle is the more permanent George, your deep core: who you are now, your beliefs, your situation and key factors. Trapped by your external obligations, struggling to gain inner peace, finally reaching a stage of new perception after suffering and keeping in mind the dangers of acting in haste.
that something that rings true and i'm always in danger of acting to quickly and not holding back although at times i think i hold back too much.

i use to scan my cards too until i firgure out i could use me camera.  i use to (only a couple of times) scan three cards at a time.  then cut and paste them together after making the images smaller but good was that time consuming.  it also took away the fun of doing a reading with all that work.

thank ytou for taking the time and post the pciture very fun to see and learn from
i'm off to get ready for work
ttyl   :smt006

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:04 pm

:) So glad you liked that!

What I meant by the Swords bit is that sometimes you are a bit too impulsive (Wands-fire) but that is not so bad: as long as you balance it with a little Air-Swords, meaning thinking things over a little before acting on them, you can make the most of the fiery energy to propel you along your path.

See you!  :smt002

George

Post by George » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:38 pm

pirbid wrote::) So glad you liked that!

What I meant by the Swords bit is that sometimes you are a bit too impulsive (Wands-fire) but that is not so bad: as long as you balance it with a little Air-Swords, meaning thinking things over a little before acting on them, you can make the most of the fiery energy to propel you along your path.

See you!  :smt002
i like that a lot!    its so me but will be more careful and hold back some.

thanks once again for the reading!     :smt006

Return to “Tarot Homework”