Lost my job today

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

hopefulgirl86

Lost my job today

Post by hopefulgirl86 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:40 pm

I got laid off today. I have one more week there, they gave me a weeks notice and then I am done. I don't know what I am going to do! I live by myself. I hadn't even meant to but I cried at work when I told everyone...

The stupid thing is, I did a tarot reading for myself in January that was for the whole year (it went by seasons) and I had one telling me that I would lose employment in the summer season. I ignored it because I am still kind of a beginner and figured I had read them wrong. I should have realized when all the other predictions came true though.

But anyway, feeling really depressed. I can't believe I don't have a job anymore... this sucks.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:14 pm

A big Grandpa hug to you....yea I agree...it's no fun to stay without a job.

So it's fully understanding that you you took some tears...I am sure I would have done the same.

But let not this be a setback....you are young...put on your good spirit and I am sure you are back in working possession in no time....it might even be to the better...because you might come in a firm that develop and takes care of their employees :)

So come here take another hug...put a smile on your face and start hunting....your new goal is "I shall show them what they lost!" :)

wiccan_goddess2002

Post by wiccan_goddess2002 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:05 am

I am so sorry hun...I know exactly how you feel. keep your chin up...it could be a blessing in disguse. Most of all dont be so down on yourself.

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))
Angel

lunarcraft

Big Hug

Post by lunarcraft » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:46 am

I am sending you one of my HUGE hugs - hope it helps a little.  Please don't be too downhearted ... everything happens for a reason and as this was on the cards (sorry for the pun) there is a purpose.  You may not realise what the reason is for some time but, when you look back, you will probably laugh and say "I am really glad that it happened that way".

Keep smiling and here's another HUGE hug for you.

Brightest Blessings

Sarah

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:25 pm

here is one of my huge hug sweetie i hope u find another job real soon and here is my blessing huggies

cassienyc

Post by cassienyc » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:54 pm

wow.  i am so sorry.  i sincerely hope that everything works out for you.  keep us posted!  in the meantime, here's a hug for you.

hopefulgirl86

Post by hopefulgirl86 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:27 pm

Thanks. My boss didn't want to do it. The company is so slow right now that there isn't work for anyone. He said I was the last person he wanted to lay off. He also said if I find another job and they need a reference to ask for him directly.

Crow

Post by Crow » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:07 am

((Big Hug))  Please do not beat yourself up too much about not paying attention to your cards.  Sometimes I found myself wishing to be wrong, that I just ignored my tarots.  Next time you see it, don't get freaked out, just ask when and then plan for it.  Think of it as a warning for a pop test. I'm new to the cards as well.  Most recently I had a simular experience, and by learning from my mistake, we were better off the next time around.

As to the lay off, it really sucks!  I hope that you find work soon, and perhaps something that is better.  Something that you wouldn't have seen if you were still at your former employment.  Try to remain positive, even though it feels like your world is being turned upside down.  And please remember to not be so hard on yourself.  Your boss said that they did not want to let you go.  Translate that into something possitive about who you are.  I hope that your hurt eases soon, and joy once again shines to all those around you.  Take Care.

lucimhome

Post by lucimhome » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:50 pm

Big hugs to you... I wish you all the best with finding your new job. Miles of Smiles..............Luci

boadicca

Post by boadicca » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:12 am

have a hug
then start thinking of this as yet another step on your journey

- there's no harm in being 'down' for a while about it - losing a job would upset ANYbody .... there's only harm in staying down and not moving on ...

you'll be just fine  :smt002

good luck with it

lilac

Post by lilac » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:52 pm

Hi Hopefulgirl, :smt006

When your name itself has hope in it, why are u losing hope?
Here's to you a very big hug from me.
Keep faith in God and just remember that " Nothing lasts forever.....Not even your troubles."
Take Care,
Lilac.

TheForsakenOne

A Hug for hopefulgirl86

Post by TheForsakenOne » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:21 pm

These are indeed interesting times we all find ourselves in, my sister.  Please live for the moment; that is all we have.  Consider: Even the Creator cannot undo a past event.

hopefulgirl86

Post by hopefulgirl86 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:01 pm

Well, I have a job interview on Thursday. I hope it goes well.

lilac

Post by lilac » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:11 pm

Wish u all the best. I'm sure it will turn out good.

cassienyc

Post by cassienyc » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:22 pm

sending positive energy your way so that you may perform brilliantly at the interview!

Return to “The Hug Exchange”