Please may I have a hug?

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

PurpleRose53

Please may I have a hug?

Post by PurpleRose53 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:06 pm

This has been a really hard two weeks for me.
Last Thursday, my oldest daughter left for vacation for two weeks to Georgia. I'm lost without her.
Then, last Saturday evening, my son, my daughter-in-law, and my two baby granddaughters, ages 2 and 9 months, moved lock, stock, and barrel to Utah. I grew very close to the babies, as I took care of them while their mom and dad worked.
Then, on the 6th of October, my life partner of 9 years, moved out of the house, and I haven't seen hide nor hair of him since.
I am feeling awfully low. I can't seem to stop crying. ( a lot of good that does )
Also on the 6th, my mother was extremely critical of everything I did. She yelled at me for sleeping, she made derogatory remarks whenever I had to step outside to smoke, she said my hair was ugly, and I either needed to curl it, or she would take me to the beauty parlor and have "your mop" cut off and styled. I couldn't do anything right by her. I'm 53 years old,  live by myself and pay my own bills.

May I please have some hugs. I would surely appreciate them.
Thank you kindly,
Ronda

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:26 pm

here is a huge hug for u sweetie i am sending u some positive energy everything will be alright.... huggies

PurpleRose53

Post by PurpleRose53 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:20 am

Thank You so very much Taraprincess for the wonderful huge hug!
I feel your positive energy. It feels GREAT !!

PurpleRose53

Post by PurpleRose53 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:20 am

A lot of people have read my post about me needing a hug.
I've  received  precious hugs from Taraprincess, as well as some of her positive energy.
And if it wasn't for Taraprincess caring about me I would be a real basket case.

Thank you Taraprincess for taking the time to make an old broad feel better. You're truly a kind and nice person.

Happiness to You,
Ronda

lunarcraft

Big Hug

Post by lunarcraft » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:45 am

Ronda - I am sending you one of my HUGE hugs ... sorry it is late but (somehow) I had missed your post.  You deserve this hug immensely ... so much going on in your world at the moment but do remember that you are VERY special and extremely generous - I have noticed your willingness to support others who are hurting in some way.

I know you are feeling abandoned (sorry, I cannot think of a better word) but your daughter will come back from her vacation and the reunion will be so very special and your son and his family are still there, albeit not so local - you will still be able to share in your grandchildren's growing and development.  As for your mom - do your best to ignore her criticisms ... live for yourself and in the way that you feel most comfortable and take no notice of her comments (sticks and stones etc.)

Here is another of my HUGE hugs ... just for you being you.

Brightest Blessings

Sarah

tmosley

Post by tmosley » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:57 pm

Hey there Purplerose,
I was touched by what you wrote when asking for a HUG. ((((HUGS))))
I recently moved to another state to be emotional support for my daughter-in-law while my son went to Iraq. I became especially close to my granddaughter, whom was 8months old at the time. (another one on the way at the time). My daughter-in-law decided to move back where she had moved from and in the process had created this devosating scenio. Needless to say I have not seen them since. My son has returned from Iraq and stays with me. This is a true blessing.
Ronda ... always remember that it is darkest before the storm and sometimes it seems as though it only gets worse, but there is positive energy there in all that negative. Concentrate on this. My warmest wishes and biggest hugs to you.

chrisdee

Post by chrisdee » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:19 pm

:smt006 Hi Ronda Ive been away my grandson got his long awaited kidney transplant although its early days its looking good
I cant imagine been with out my grandchildren now so even though you will still see them i know its not the same when you have played such a big part in their lives my heart goes out to you
You said your mum had been ill ,although its hard to understand why a person acts or says what they do.your mum may be being horrid to you to ruin your self confidence to keep you with her because shes frightened
when people get ill they take it out on those they love
:smt007 A big hug to you because i know i would be devastated if my grandchildren moved away

Casey

Post by Casey » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:51 am

Hold on just a second. I got somethin'. Wait for it.

.....waaaaaait for it....

BLAST OF LOVE!

----

(calm in the storm)

----

ANOTHER BLAST OF CASEY LOVE!!

----

(I think it's over now)

----

AHHH! ANOTHER WAVE OF LOVE!!!

Love,

-Casey

(We're all with you!)

shalimar123

Post by shalimar123 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:18 am

a huge hug for your.. I am sure you will soon be ok.

lluvia

huuuuuge hug

Post by lluvia » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:03 am

:smt007 love n good energy to you,listen to me 4 a second you cant let people put you down even if its your mother,you should feel proud of your kids wanting a live 4 them self,we raise our kids 4 somebody else chin up striaght n march, know its time 4 you ,if partener doesnt come back its his lost not yours ok think about it love lluvia :smt007

kpkpkp

Endless Hugs

Post by kpkpkp » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:56 pm

Hi,
I know this is late.
I am sending you a hug.  
This hug is filled with joy and love.  Every time you think of one of the events  or people you wrote about, this hug will surround you and calm you.
This is my forever hug. Allow it to fill you with love and joy.

KPKPKP

PurpleRose53

Thank You so MUCH for the wonderful hugs.

Post by PurpleRose53 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:50 am

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You

so very much for all of the warm, kind, and loving hugs.
I feel each and everyone of them. It sure feels GOOD!

With all of your hugs, there were also loving words of encouragement sent with your positive, and glowing energy.
Words cannot express just how much I love you all for everything you have given to me.

My son Brad has called only once since he left. But, he called to tell me he just needed to hear my voice. So, I talked and talked and talked for about 15 minutes. He seemed a little better when we hung up.

Yesterday Kim, my daughter-in-law called and put the babies on the phone. Petey ( my nickname for 2 year old Amanda ) wouldn't say anything, but Malone ( my nickname for 9 month old Jena ) started crying when she heard my voice, and her Mommy said to me "Oh, Momma she wants you".
Today the phone rang, and a little baby girl voice said " Where's my Grammie ". it was Petey and we laughed and giggled while we talked. It sure made me feel so much better too.
I've actually stopped that stupid crying. Thank Goodness.

Thank You again from the bottom of my heart.

Love,
Ronda

PurpleRose53

{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}

Post by PurpleRose53 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:50 am

I have this gigantic need to give hugs to you my new friends:

Sarah {{{{{ HUGS }}}}} Thank you for your huge hugs. Thank You too for the kind words if encouragement.

Teresa {{{{{ HUGS }}}}} You sure have had your share of hard times. I can't for the life of me figure out why people can be so cruel to one another. Especially to you. Did your daughter-in-law remember that you gave up a lot to be close to her so she wouldn't be alone. I feel really bad about what she did to you. {{{{{ HUGS }}}}} to your Son as well. Blessed be that he came home from Iraq, and that he is staying with you. He's one heck of a man.

Chrisdee {{{{{ HUGS }}}}} to you and {{{{{ HUGS }}}}} to your precious grandson. I'm so happy that he is doing well. Let's hope his good health continues for a long, long time.

Casey {{{{{ HUGS }}}}} Casey, you're just a doll. You're a neat person. Thank You for your delightful hugs and love.

Shalimar123 {{{{{ HUGS }}}}} Thank You for your kind words. They meant a lot to me.

Iluvia {{{{{ HUGS }}}}} Thank You for the boost of your kind words. You're a very kind person.

kpkpkp {{{{{ HUGS }}}}} Thank You so much for your forever hug. It's a gift I will treasure for a long long time.

Happiness to you all,

Love,

Ronda

jkail1947

Hugs

Post by jkail1947 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:13 am

Many hugs and positive energy sent your way to help you through this tough time.  You will make it, hand in there and take all the hugs you can get. :smt002

Ani

Post by Ani » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:42 am

here is a big hug for you, maybe it`s a little bit late, but still ;) Im glad you are feeling better
Attachments
hg0110.jpg
hg0110.jpg (17.15 KiB) Viewed 2601 times

Return to “The Hug Exchange”