I need a hug :(

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

nightangel

I need a hug :(

Post by nightangel » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:14 pm

my bf's dad passed away last week.. and as you can imagine.. its been difficult.. but we are getting through it.. i've been brought into his family and everyone is really happy about us and are urging us to get married.. they think we make a great couple and we have been given blessings from everyone.. problem? well his sister-in-law doesn't like me.. her and my bf's brother eloped last year and got married.. no one has really given them their blessings although ppl have tried to accept her.. i guess she has caused many problems in the family which make her acceptance virtually impossible for the parents. She doesn't like what me and my bf have for this reason and tried her best to break us up.. I am scared that people praise me and my bf so much because someone is bound to not be happy about it.. and now there is someone... i want to sort things out with her and wrote her a letter which i gave to my bf to discuss with his mum to see if its ok to give to her. I don't want to cause problems in their family and want to hold the family together and bring peace there not be a nuisance before my feet even enter the house.. my bf is getting angry at me because i'm letting her bother me.. like i want her to break us up.. but he doesn't understand that it does bother me that she doesn't like me when i haven't done anything wrong.. i don't want to be a rival with her.. but he doesn't understand my feelings and values on this one.. thinks i'm being stupid.. i feel really horrible.. a hug would be great right about now.. thanks for reading this....
NA

twistedwillow

Post by twistedwillow » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:52 pm

Hi nightangel,  here is a hug for you {{{{{HUG}}}}},
The situation your in, is obviously eating at you and it makes it hard when you bf dosn't understand why your feeling this way, though I can also understand her anger and frustraion if the family are doing all the 'good stuff' for you and not for her,  kinda like jealous sibbling syndrome.
Not really sure that I can give advice on how to deal with it, except to try and not let her get between you and your bf, and also be a little aware that her anger and nastiness towards you is quite possibly the manifestation of hurt and jealousy.
I hope that it works out for you, and good luck for you wedding when you get around to it.

hugs

faline

ResQDonna

Post by ResQDonna » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:07 pm

Big (((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Sending lots of positive energy too!

jkail1947

You definitely have a huge hug from me.

Post by jkail1947 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:05 am

Yes, it sounds like a bit of jealousy is in the air.  Perhaps you can find something special to do for her that will help her feel your support.  People grieve in different ways and anger is a very common manifestation.  In a few days, it will be four months since my middle son, age 37, passed to spirit world.  I saw his son become so angry because his dad was gone and he would not be around to help him, he thought.  He lashed out at others for little things and got kicked out of school.  He is doing a little better now, as the rest of us try to help him see that his father is very much with him, protecting him.  That is a whole other story and topic.  Keep your head up and find a way to serve her and she will calm down.  

Again, I send a very big, huggy-bear kind of hug to you and your bf.  :smt006 [/code]
Judith Kail
Heaven is not a level, but a state of heart.  :-))

lunarcraft

Big hug

Post by lunarcraft » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:17 pm

I am sending you one of my HUGE hugs - hope it helps a little - I have wrapped it in heaps of positive energy too.

Brightest Blessings

Sarah

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:47 pm

here is a huge hug sweetie huggies

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:56 pm

Have a large hug from me.

Suzi  :)
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

SCRoy

hi

Post by SCRoy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:44 am

a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggggg hhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggg

lluvia

huuuuge hug

Post by lluvia » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:18 am

:smt007 heres a big hug 4 you,i lost my father about 24 tears ago be strong love lluvia :smt007

nightangel

Thank you :)

Post by nightangel » Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:38 pm

Hi All,
Thank you for all your kind messages! It was great to hear from all of you.. me and my bf sorted things out.. he also told his mum how i felt and she had a talk with me and well she's being really nice to me as well.. the sister in law and his brother have flown back home and haven't made contact with the family since.. so i don't know.. it doesn't look good on their part but i guess its up to them.. the remaining 2 brothers and their mum are going to have to pick up the pieces on their own and i am going to help them as much as i can. I very nearly thought i was going to loose him over this.. but i'm not going to let her destroy everything me and my bf have created because she's jealous.. i will be myself and be nice to her as always when i see her.. but i'm not going to let her boss me around and stuff like she was doing when she was here.. everyone noticed how she was treating me and didn't like it.. but they didnt say anything at the time thinking it wasn't their place.. she doesn't like me because ppl like my bf's and our relationship.. but i didn't do anything wrong to her.. so i guess i'm just going to have to ride this out and just see what happens.

Thanks again for all your support.. i hope things kinda settle down now.. but thank you all for your kind words.. it meant alot!
thanks!
NA
NA

jojomojo

hug to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by jojomojo » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:50 am

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attachments
hug.jpg
hug.jpg (23.33 KiB) Viewed 2334 times
joanne bain, III

Return to “The Hug Exchange”