I need a hug and prayers for a dear relative

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

CurlyQ

I need a hug and prayers for a dear relative

Post by CurlyQ » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:12 am

Hi all,

I am really feeling helpless.  My Mother let me know today that her cousin who was diagnosed with stomach cancer a couple of years ago was just told by her doctors that there is nothing more they can do for her.  She is home and in bed.  

She lives down the street from the house I grew up in so she was a constant visitor to my home.  She was always bubbly, is very creative and super sweet.  She is only 57!  She had surgery twice to remove the cancer but both times they couldn't get it all.  Now I believe it has spread.  I know that we all have our time to "return home" and she survived longer than the doctors originally thought upon first diagnosis but it still stinks.  

When she does leave this earth I will be saddened beyond belief.  I not only feel for her but for the family she will leave behind.

CurlyQ

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:22 am

ImageYou are in my thoughts.

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:34 am

Im very sorry to hear that...Here are some *huggles* and my love and positive energy going to you and your cousin at this difficult time.

Tamara :o)

karlenespellman

Post by karlenespellman » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:49 am

Hi QurleyQ,

Lots of huge HHHUUUGGGSSS to you.

I'm going to stick my nose in here.
I just lost one of my dearest friends in Oct.
He had cancer for years. When it came down to "nothing to do", he went and did it. Everything he always wanted to do, except to watch his kids graduate and get married.
When he went into Hospice care, I was the only one ( he told me) that told him the truth.

I told him that I thought he was very lucky to be dyeing the way he was. He got to do what he wanted, he got to say good-bye to the people he loves, he got to set things right.

He had no- I wish I---------

I was personally sad when he died, but that's because I was being selfish. On the other hand, I was very happy for him. He gets to move to the next life and start his new adventure in the path he's going.

I'm ashamed to say it, but I was also a little jealous that he gets to begin the new journey now.

Go to your Grandmother, tell her what you want her to know, so you have no " I should haves". But let her talk to you so she doesn't have them either.
She will only be leaving you phsically, not spiritually.

Again Huge HHHUUUGGGSS, positive energy and love to you and your family"espeially your grandmother.

Karlene

CurlyQ

Post by CurlyQ » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:57 pm

Tourbi, Tamara and Karlene

Thank you for your thoughts.

Karlene - I know she is going to start a new journey and it will be a positive one for her.  Yes, I know it is selfishness on my part to wish her to remain here with all of us.  Unfortunately she is bedridden and in pain so going out to "do" things is tough.  Of course that will not deter us from going to visit and share memories and love.

CurlyQ

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:18 pm

A lot of huuuuggs from me too...stay positive...that gives energies to those who need it...I know how you feel....or think I know....have a sister and a brother who both fight this now.....one feel so helpless.....but my they have kept their positive spirit...and that help them, but help us other a lot!  A biiiggggg huuuuggg to you....always have in mind, it is a natural thing, death.....and it will always happen on the wrong time!

_Patt_

Post by _Patt_ » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:49 pm

A huge hug to you! I'm sending light and positive energy and stay strong and positive dear.

Lots of love to you and to your family

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:13 pm

sweetie im so sorry to hear that...here is a huge hug for u and your cousin and my thoughts and prayers are with u both and your families...much love and huggies :smt007

CaraCat

Post by CaraCat » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:49 pm

It's always hard to let a dear person go. The best you can do for you and her family is to be there for each other. I wish you a lot of strength to get through it.
Many hugs...

CaraCat

lluvia

BIG HUGS

Post by lluvia » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:10 pm

:smt003 YOU N YOUR FAMILY ARE IN MY PRAYERS,LOTS OF POSSITIVE ENERGY :smt007 LLUVIA

Return to “The Hug Exchange”