A hug would be nice .

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

lluvia

huuuuge hug

Post by lluvia » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:48 am

:smt006 big hugs sweetie :smt007 lluvia

jlo

Post by jlo » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:08 pm

Hi all ,

there's something I need to share regarding my work issue which is bothering me quite a bit since yesterday . As I said in my first post , I didn't like my internship that much . I had no choice but to stay because there were no other job offers . Now there's only two weeks left for the internship to end . I have decided to leave this Friday though . So I need to do the necessary formalities with HR etc. I went to see my boss to tell her that I'm probably leaving this Friday and to discuss stuffs regarding my testimonial etc. She was  sad that I was leaving , without having found another job yet . She offered to try to have me stay at my current job for sometime more .  And even offered to find me a job in another company (where she knows the boss well )... I refused to stay at my current work place because I ever really liked it there and feel I never get my due there . I also would love to have an official offer for a job instead of getting one by recommendation. She was genuinely wanting to do something to help me . I was so touched and not really expecting it . I know she is a good person but very stressed out when it comes to work . I was always under so much pressure and stress all the time I was there because of her .  All that she told me made me wonder if I have the chance to have a better job where I'll be happier . I am feeling very doubtful and guilty after my conversation with her . I wonder if I haven't appreciated my job there . I tried really hard to like that place but couldn't . Now I feel very sad that I'll be jobless for sometime , unless a miracle happens ! If I receive an official offer from HR , I might just consider it so as not be jobless... Hope I don't sound confusing and would appreciate any advice from anyone . I just hope I am doing the right thing .Thanks for reading :)

dhav

Post by dhav » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:15 pm

Then i would say try getting help from her.She suggested getting you a place in another company.Try your luck and see where it takes you.Her help may be angel help in disguise.Who knows maybe you will be loving the place she gives you.
much love and hug,
dhav ;-)

Added to this: if you don't like the place she is suggesting you, you are not obliged to stay.Then you can carry on and look out for a job you will love.The best thing is that you get the job that suit you either by her help or by yourself searching.

karlenespellman

Post by karlenespellman » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:04 pm

Hi jlo,
I will get back to you.
Dhav is right.
You feel sad because your are a great person. Thats good. But always take care of yourself first.
Try her suggestion while you are trying to find another job. Like dhav said, this may be your angel in waiting.

Big HUGS to you, positive energy and love.

Karlene

jlo

Post by jlo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:55 am

Thank you very much dhav and Karlene(both here and in PM) for your words of advice :) I really appreciate it .After much thought , the job she was offering to help me get is not exactly what I want . My job search seems a little hard and I'm feeling a bit down because of that . In spite of this , I have decided to wait a bit and find something I'll like better .

hugs,
jlo

Return to “The Hug Exchange”