Feeling guilty after having fun?

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

WhoseLineBabygirl

Feeling guilty after having fun?

Post by WhoseLineBabygirl » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:22 am

I just had some empath fun(use your imagination lol) with my bf a few minutes ago, and after we did that and basically after i ever have fun with anything that happens in my life, i feel guilty like i'm doing something wrong and i shouldnt have fun, happens anytime i have or  if i'm about to, feels like i'm not worthy enough to have any kind of fun or be really happy cause something doesnt want me to! its been like this since i was kid and i dont know how to shut it up!

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:31 am

I'm not sure how to shut it up.....But you deserve to enjoy happiness as much as anyone else....Why not?! You should soak up all the happiness you can get because its there to be taken....You shouldnt feel guilty,maybe something happened to you in the past that you havent totally let go yet....I dont know,but i know that you deserve to let the good times roll.........Try to change your thoughts and tell yourself that i will be happy and its my right to be happy.I hope you hit the problem on the head.

*huggles* to you.

Tamara :o)

Psychic Chef

Post by Psychic Chef » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:57 pm

Dont feel guilty, that session was fun my wife and i do that all the time :smt002.
Make a deal with yourself, every time you feel guilty then place a small coin in a large jar when it is full buy a gift to give to a charity as a repayment to happiness. This is one way to reduce that feeling by giving back.
Cheers Pete

Cosmiceyes

Post by Cosmiceyes » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:33 pm

Feeling guilty and unworthy is usually an indication of low self esteem. The fact that you have insight into how you feel is wonderful. With this insight into yourself, free yourself from this problem.

May I offer a solution, inherent in the problem.....love yourself, without judgement. Find out where this illusion of unworthiness comes from. Observe what emotions and thoughts come up for you when you are feeling guilty. What internal dialogue is keeping you from being happy? GO INSIDE, become self aware of your own patterns of emotional dysfunction. Do not let the past have power over your present. You are in control, you have choices and the ability to change perceptions about yourself that are simply untrue.

You are the only individual that can determine your perception of self worthiness. Bring joy and self acceptance into your heart and fun will be a constant.

dhav

Post by dhav » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:01 pm

Pete and cosmiceyes are right.Heed to their advice and don't feel guilty.

WhoseLineBabygirl

Post by WhoseLineBabygirl » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:55 pm

thanks Cosmic and everybody who gave me advice :) *Hugs*

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:38 pm

sweetie here is a huge hug...much love and huggies :smt007

ladybloodmoon

Post by ladybloodmoon » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:54 pm

hope things have gotten better for you heres a great big hug

KARLIE4NIA

Post by KARLIE4NIA » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:56 pm

STOP IT JUST STOP IT, DONT ALLOW THAT LINGERING VOICE TO FOOL YOU ONE MORE TIME. YOU HAVE ALL THE RIGHT TO BE, HAVE AND DO WHATEVER FEELS RIGHT TO YOU, AS LONG AS IT AINT AGAINST NOBODY.ITS YOUR CHOICE THAT EACH TIME SUCH LINE OF THOUGHT COMES UP, JUST SAY NO TO WHATEVER LIMITING BELIEF. IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER WITH YOU WITH TIME.

engmoheng

how to stop guilty ?

Post by engmoheng » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:02 am

you said that you Feel guilty after having fun , so it is a result of this fun ,

Talk with yourself " is it is legal to have fun ? then baby will come as a result of non confident Relationship or may be he will leave you lonely ?"

I prefair to be amarried relationship if it is confident , no fun with this things , it will destroy you if you do not confident this relationship legally " married"

with my best wishes

Return to “The Hug Exchange”