Huggles and advise needed please

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Kknutso

I know how you feel

Post by Kknutso » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:30 pm

I am with a man who works 16 hour days and by the time he gets home i have been at work for 10 hours and at school for another 6-8 hours.  I have begged him to take a vacation with me but he is so driven to work, he refuses.  I dont know what to do, I want to persue the things that i love but i want him to be a part of my life but he just doesnt seem to realize the toll its taking on me an our relationship.  I need a hug too and advise.  If you have any advise pleease help me out

dhav

Post by dhav » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:53 pm

Hey knutso,

No worries about that.Your man appears to be a workaholic type.I think when you talk to him do it politely as a man would do.Then he will sit down and listen to you.talk to him about your problem.Well man also do not like to sit down and talk.Then organize something that would keep him interested and like to be in your company.Do something that he likes.For example: go fishing or play cards or go to races.
Just do something that he would like to do but remember you do it only temporary.Then he also got obligation towards you and will try to keep you happy as well.
keep yourself happy and cheerful.They don't like yelling women.Most men are complaining about that.Do things that keep yourself happy an busy.This will also make him wonder.they like mysterious women.Don't look as if you very much need him.let him see you can live without him.

I gave you many tips and also huggs to you.No worries.all will be well.Choose and do what seems right.

dhav :smt007

shadowrnmom

Heres a big hug!

Post by shadowrnmom » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:59 am

I feel your stress. I agree with dhav. The dude is definitely workaholic. Do something different, out of character - like maybe suduce him unexpectantly. That will get him going! I may be old, but face it, sometimes you need to rekindle the flames in any relationship. The first few months are always hot and heavy, then the "comfort" zone sets in. It doesn't matter how you light the fire - do what you feel comfortable with: a special gift, a candle lit dinner (honest) or just surprise him like I said earlier. But do something new and different!
Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Good luck and happy hunting!

karlenespellman

Post by karlenespellman » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:27 am

Hi khnutso,

Listen very closely to dhav and shadow.

i was married to my second husband who is a bigger workaholic than my dad(not possible). lol.

You are very young and put yourselves as one. Dhav will not understand this yet, like you, but Shadow and I do.
You will be together so long that you will want "ME" time. He needs this now, you won't for a few years.

I also have 4 teens that really make me want to scream.

He loves you(never forget that), but he is doing what he thinks is the best for both of you now.
You don't understand this now, but in the furture, he will be where you are and you will be where he is "now".

Men and women grow differently, but the same.

Women have to be the stonger in the front, so they can reap the rewards in the end.

No offense to any man on this board, this is just what my expireness have been. Lost some, working on getting another one

Lots of love to all here.

jlhansl

Post by jlhansl » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:02 pm

Well,  I am a workaholic myself at this moment. It's not because a person wants to work for nothing but I guess he has a reason to do that. Who knows he wants to retire young as I do?  :smt003

Try to discuss this issue with him. Don't put any pressure on him without finding first what's motivating him from working overtime. Whatever the motivation is, support him but also let him know that you want him to stay by your side. In my own experiences, my gf never ask me to do this or that. She always gives me her supports and at the same time I get a feeling that she wants me to have a little talk with her later on. In the end, I couldn't resist to meet her cause she's always full of surprises.
What I want to suggest is, try to understand who he is and accept him if you love him. Just go with the flow.

As what people said earlier, find something that you can share and spend time together. In order to have happiness you need to create it.

And here's a big huggggg for you and him.  :smt020

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:15 pm

sweetie here is a huge hug...much love and huggies :smt007

sergio z

Post by sergio z » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:13 pm

Here put one that created hope that appreciate because it was created and composed by soul
LINES OF LIFE

What are the lines?
What are made, as they appear and how to deal with them?
Lines of life are designs that we appear from nothing
And we become larger and more comprehensive.
San considerations, things, situations and people.
What necessarily have to cross paths
We have done in a day remote part of your existence
In these paths where the father of the sky again
The opportunity as announced by souls
In this life of searches and disagreements was already written and written this
Even before our choices

More as the influence of human beings is greater
These non envergam not see
The why these lines
Of these meetings and are lost
And again become in vain
The request which hopes were called and
Respect the Line of life understands the
And do what is the greatest love
Whether he fraternal, spiritual or personal.

Return to “The Hug Exchange”