anniversary

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Doe

anniversary

Post by Doe » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:58 pm

Many of you here have heard me write ad infinitum about David, who, after much whining and pleading on my part  :smt005 , "came back" (I'm actually not sure he was ever really gone) last year to guide me, teach me, protect me and my family, and just generally make me REALLY happy--bringing along with him a host of other wonderful experiences, and other spirits.

Today is the 18th anniversary of his passing.  Now that I've FINALLY become convinced that the evidence that he's around is not all just the result of my desperate imagination (with the help of some of you wonderful people, who have affirmed my experiences and helped me understand them every day), the day doesn't seem nearly as sad as it otherwise would (and David's kind of insisting that I don't get sad!).  But April 21st, 1990 was still one of the three saddest days in my life (the other two being on the passings of my grandparents).  I don't want to make it a day of mourning, but I can't just ignore it, either!

I've been trying to figure out a good way to commemorate the "anniversary", and I thought that maybe posting some poems I wrote about our time together when he was "alive" (he still seems pretty "alive and kickin'" to me!) about 5 years after his passing might be a nice way to do it.

So I'm doing that under "Poetry and Literature" here, in case anyone is interested.  And I want to thank you all again for helping and supporting me in so many ways here.  You've been wonderful.

Doe

dhav

Post by dhav » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:04 pm

Hi Doe,

A huge hug to you.you are lucky David is still here with you.

dhav :smt006

Doe

Post by Doe » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:18 pm

Thank you so much, dhav (and you're right--I'm INCREDIBLY lucky..still trying to figure out why, exactly, though  :smt003 !).

Doe

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:00 pm

Celebrate life and how it doesn't stop. Image

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:24 pm

sweetie here is a huge hug and im glad david is still here with you...much love and huggies :smt007

Psychic Chef

Post by Psychic Chef » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:50 am

Hi Doe
Days like today are always a celebration of the blessing that come from knowing the people who have passed.
i count myself lucky every day that Dad visits and protects mum and my family.
Davo never really left he just had to take care of the other business that guides do.
He will always be on your right side with one hand on your shoulder..Even with the pixie hat you wear.
So huge hugs from me and congrats on your celebration day.
Cheers Pete

lluvia

Post by lluvia » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:16 am

:smt020 HI SWEETIE DAVID WILL BE WITH YOU AS LONG AS YOU WANT HIM TO BE ,REMEMBER HE WILL BE HAPPY AS LONG YOU WILL BE,ALL THE GOOD N BAD TIMES TOGETHER,WILL ALWAYS BE CHERISH.LIVE THE LIVE YOU NEED TO LIVE WITH OUT HIM N LEARN YOU WILL BE SURPRISED A BIG HUG TO YOU  :smt007 LOVE N LIGHT LLUVIA
Attachments
Angel.jpg
THEY WILL ALWAYS GUIDE YOU
Angel.jpg (5.8 KiB) Viewed 2096 times

Doe

Post by Doe » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:05 pm

Thanks again to all of you!  I/we made it through the day--it was DEFINITELY  a huge improvement over 4/21/90!!!  So many little miracles happen all the time (not so little, really!).

Pete, it's funny that you mentioned my right side.  Back then, D. used to sleep on my right side.  I always ask him now to come hang out on that side as I'm falling asleep, as it soothes me and makes me happy.  He always obliges... :)

And I used to wear a funny hat back then, too--he's used to it!

Doe

Molissa

Post by Molissa » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:26 pm

a hug.
a big one.
and remember, the "why" isn't as important as the "is."

Doe

Post by Doe » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:41 pm

and remember, the "why" isn't as important as the "is."
That's so true, Molissa (and so easy to forget sometimes--I still can't help being a LITTLE curious as to the why...but that's kind of looking a gift spirit in the mouth, so to speak, I guess!  :smt003 )!

Thanks!

Doe

Angel_TruthSeeker

Blessings to you

Post by Angel_TruthSeeker » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:43 am

Bless you dearest Doe.

Sending you hugs and love.
Attachments
Animation23BritsyArtistChallenge.gif
Animation23BritsyArtistChallenge.gif (406.99 KiB) Viewed 1915 times

Return to “The Hug Exchange”