stuck my foot in my mouth

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

eidhneán ini

Post by eidhneán ini » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:32 pm

WhoseLineBabygirl wrote:i know! i'm only banned until May 4th but now i think i'm just gonna mainly lurk there, its my home board i've been on there for years and ever since a certain thing nothing has been the same the mods are now jelous and play favorites but hey what can you do?? *shrugs*
I have to be honest with you.  I wouldn't be at this board if I wasn't going to make a genuine attempt at being honest without white-washing things.  But as far as message boards go, I think "suspensions" are even worse than bannings.  This must be how this board you have been signing works, but if I had my own board, I would just work though the problem with the member.  If that was not possible, then a definitive decision must be made.  I think banning is more dignified than being suspended.  It's like a slap on the wrist!  And you are a grown adult.  You're older than 10 and this is just some way that board owners may treat you like a child.  I know my opinion is not popular, but I just feel it is unfair, especially in a situation where you have friends and many contributions and conversations at this board.  In "RL", you don't have a minor argument with a friend and then decide which one of you is wrong and then ban them from speaking to you for x amount of time.  It's silly.  Maybe you cut ties with someone and forgive them later, that is different.  I just think this is a silly way to deal with a situation like this.  I do not blame you for only wanting to lurk over there.  But after something like that I would feel inclined to turn my back on them altogether.   :smt011   It's just my rant/opinion.......you must do what you feel is right.  Hugs to you WLBG.  I hope you feel better about this soon.

Return to “The Hug Exchange”