Mega Hug needed....

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

karlenespellman

Post by karlenespellman » Fri May 02, 2008 12:25 am

Tim,

I am very proud of you.

Don't dis the crock-pot. That's how I cook. If I follow a recipe, I always change it.

I am going to post a thread for you. Hope you don't mind. If you do, tuff,
maybe it'll help.

The help is good and only lasts so long. Take it while you can.

If she doesn't take your money, thank her. She knows you want to take care of it, but think of it from her side, maybe this is the way she feels that she is helping yo.

Lots of love to you.
Karlene

Zoddn Drak

Post by Zoddn Drak » Fri May 02, 2008 12:47 am

No, I dearly love the crock-pot, It's just that that was the cooking apparatus that I was using at the time. :smt002 Hmmm.... maybe it doesn't love me...

I know that that is her little way of helping, and I do appreciate all help in every form it takes. :smt003 And I didn't expect it to last for ever either... hopefully by then I'll be able to take care of me and mine on my own. Just trying to get to that point.

And no I don't mind about the thread.

Thanks again, every one, and love ya bunches, Mum pt 2 :smt003
Tim

P.S. You're not the only Mum pt2 out there...

karlenespellman

Post by karlenespellman » Fri May 02, 2008 1:02 am

Tim,

The crock-pot LOVES you. Just practice and time.

I have to say to you, that you are far beyond that point of taking care of you both.
With all of my life's adventures, I really don't think I would be as far along as you are.
You are doing an amazing job.

Give yourself a HUGE HUG from me.  Right now!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you have a lot of Mum pt2. You may not be latter on, LOL.

We do love and care for you and your brother very much.
Please let us know when we can help. We really want the best for you guys.

Lots of love.
Karlene

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Fri May 02, 2008 9:39 am

Zoddn Drak wrote:No, I dearly love the crock-pot, It's just that that was the cooking apparatus that I was using at the time. :smt002 Hmmm.... maybe it doesn't love me...

I know that that is her little way of helping, and I do appreciate all help in every form it takes. :smt003 And I didn't expect it to last for ever either... hopefully by then I'll be able to take care of me and mine on my own. Just trying to get to that point.

And no I don't mind about the thread.

Thanks again, every one, and love ya bunches, Mum pt 2 :smt003
Tim

P.S. You're not the only Mum pt2 out there...
Hello Tim, :smt006

I'm going in your blog and posting weight watchers urls...
Crockpot meals for you~!! :)

Psychic Chef

Post by Psychic Chef » Fri May 02, 2008 1:09 pm

Hi Tim
Try these links there are a couple of hundred recipies to help you and some basic information in cooking to help as well
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes
http://www.askyourneighbor.com/recipe03.htm
http://www.recipecenter.com/
http://www.foodsubs.com/

Cheers Pete

Zoddn Drak

Post by Zoddn Drak » Sat May 03, 2008 3:49 am

Holy wow, and thanks guys! I might actually have to try these out... I don't think I've ever even seen most of these ingredients before, but there's a first time for everything.

My school is insisting that I remain enrolled and that I return on Monday... (odd, but atleast my boss moved me to night shift today also....Hmmm, fate working in my favor...?) so I walk to work after school. My teacher showed up again today, and this this time he took up a collection among the teachers for me (on the spur of the moment of course) and I about passed out counting the money... He also informed me that there was more help that I could access, but had to maintain Enrollment (hence the going back on Monday) in school, and that there was alot more help from other's in the community to come. I think I like small rural towns... 'cause if Mum had passed in Gainesville... I doubt anyone would have helped us... I was also told that The funeral home was coerced into allowing payments... so Mum gets cremated soon. Thanks soooooo much to whoever did that, maybe I can get to sleep at night now. (good sleep anyway.)

I did designate today as a "I gotta take a freakin' break today" Day. Which it was (mostly) as there is no such thing as a real day off anymore... Everything is gonna be alright though... Except....

A snag in getting Custody of my brother... I need any remaining parents to approve... which means my Father (whom I haven't talked to since Mum's divorce) needs to be contacted and approve. Good news: That's been done by my older sister already... Bad news: my older sister rescinded the No Contact Order placed on him. Under normal circumstance that would be fine, but the order was placed for a reason. That's something I'll save for later, though. The HRS/DCF/CPS (I can't decide which acronym to use) worker on my side of things told me that he sent a letter to me (which means he has my address) which I'm not entirely sure I'm ready for yet. And I told the Worker as much, and she said that he would understand. Hmmm... maybe he's changed since then... maybe not... the nature of his offense is generally acknowledged as being an incurable mental illness... lets hope they're wrong. I pray they are wrong. Atleast I know he's not allowed to leave the state he lives in, a small bit of solace. Hmmm....

He did agree to pay Child support on my brother still, and even try to help me some (we'll see). But I guess I'll see what happens next on this one, hmmmm...... only time will tell.

Everything else is going well though and for that I'm thankful,
Tim
Last edited by Zoddn Drak on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

clover73

Post by clover73 » Sat May 03, 2008 4:18 am

That's so sad and I'm sorry.  You are so young.   Much love and mega prayers to you and your family!

K

Psychic Chef

Post by Psychic Chef » Sat May 03, 2008 4:58 am

What hurts us only make us stronger. Everything is going to plan, trust your instincts and you will be fine .
Cheers Pete

Angelsway

Post by Angelsway » Sat May 03, 2008 8:02 am

Lots of hugs and blessings dear Tim I am sorry to hear of your loss hun xxxxxxxxhugsxxxxxxxxx

karlenespellman

Post by karlenespellman » Sun May 04, 2008 3:12 am

OK Tim,

You started out positive!!!!!!!!  GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!

Kepp the positive!!!!

You need to stay in school. Yes being moved to nights, is a BIG sign.
Use it. You will be tired, but this is what needs to happen.

Don't go negative on on your Father yet. Go back and read what you just wrote.
Everything you said, is VERY positive for you.

Your person said in your words, he understands, he's willing to pay the support.
Your set.

Do some breathing and meditating. Get a great nights sleep.

Your in the drivers seat man, keep it.

Lots of love to you.

M2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/ect.... Karlene

Zoddn Drak

Post by Zoddn Drak » Sun May 04, 2008 5:50 am

*This is me complaining so I don't dwell on it*

Wow, and I'm really really grumpy..... My boss turns out to be a Mean (and incredibly egotistical) Drunk. Who happens to own a bar...
The one in which I wash dishes (and do random tasks for the cooks, which I'm not one, BTW even after he said thats what he'd start me as.)
I showed up an hour early on my first day, did everything anyone ever asked of me, took one break right before I went home, and never stopped working for anything, and still I get yelled at by my boss. Apparently, I was supposed to know that my superior wasn't supposed to be playing pool with one of the patrons, and that I had more to do (this was 11 at night) even though I didn't know what, and when I went to find my superior (to find out what to do) my boss walks up (apparently believing I was playing pool too.) walks us into the kitchen and tells me that that kind of behavior will get me fired (even though I don't even work for him yet (technically since I wasn't one the clock)). So he's saying doing my job (or at the very least trying to) will get me fired? I didn't even find out he was going to pay me for my "training" today until closing time. Today was not good, but if I get paid I'll keep going back.

Hmmmm... Mormons showed up at my house this morning (who didn't seem to know very much about their own religious doctrine) trying to (I think) console me... Hmmm..... Is Faithlessness and doubting God Exists really a normal human reaction to Loss? They said so... but I don't really believe it. They offered to help us, so I can't really complain about them, but they were a bit odd to say the least... I don't know.

Verne showed up again, this time telling me I should get rid of ALL my pets. From a normal point of view it seems more like a burden, but it is actually quite the opposite for me, plus Mum will probably haunt me if I gave away Peanut [her favorite chihuahua] and the rest of the dogs are kinda gimpy, Sammy (full name Samwise Gamgee) has a stunted back leg, Toby is an antisocial well, I'm not sure what kind of dog he is.... he looks like a Australian Terrier, but with less fur. William the Rat [my Chihuahua mix] is a bit slow and seems to not be able to see very well. Daisy May isn't mine to get rid of, but I'm about to if the woman refuses to call back. She's a pretty dog, but she eats like a COW! The last dog at my house right now is Hayate a little jet black Retriever mix, who belongs to James and if owner leaves he does too, but not until.

I love my critters, and Verne's always been trying to convince me to not keep pets (even though he has a cat himself) I think I won't listen to him on this one. I mean it's not like I'm going out to get a new dog every day, and if one of my pets die I'm not about to run out and replace them, not that I could. I think I will take his other advice... getting rid of STUFF, which I seem to have alot of, but now for the fun part... What goes and what stays? Hmmm.... I guess I'll figure that out when I get there...

BTW Thank you everyone who gave me recipes... When I figure out how to work the PM system better I'll thank each of you individually.

Now I sleep,
Tim :smt015

P.S. Karlene, just go ahead and pick your favorite number...

dhav

Post by dhav » Sun May 04, 2008 7:35 am

You do have many pets with you right now.That's so cool.Listen to your heart what it got to say about them.Ia m sure you will mostw happy about that.Well I think many got this boss problem at tehir work.You should just know how to deal with it and stay calm.I am sure one day you willf ind the best place for you to work.

dhav :smt003

karlenespellman

Post by karlenespellman » Sun May 04, 2008 3:14 pm

Thanks Tim,
I'll take the one you give me.

Great attitude for a bad day.
I'm very proud of you.
Keep it up.

Sleep well.

Lots of love.
Karlene

Zoddn Drak

My Last Post Here

Post by Zoddn Drak » Wed May 07, 2008 12:39 am

I've been very busy the last two days, considering that I now attend High School again. That in itself was horribly tiring before, but now with work it's borderline Insane. My kind of insane! It's not horrible, actually, I spend half of the school day in the computer lab doing remedial credit classes. And I have teachers who understand what's going on with me, and don't mind too much when I take a nap. I try to only nap in the computer lab... Mostly because I can do more of that at home, and I can more easily disguise my napping...

The Churches finally came up with some money's and the Teachers at the High School are going to be taking a second collection (less spur of the moment this time) sometime this week. This time it's for Mum's Cremation, which we already have a decent amount going towards it and may have more from Mrs. Diane's church.... hmmmm. Haven't heard from my older sister lately, and I actually want to talk to her, So I can find out what her church got. I got the Receipt for this month's rent.

Now I'm going to move back to my blog (which I have been neglecting) Thank you for being a friend.

So concludes the Chronicles of Life according to Tim, Exactly 2 weeks to the day of Mum's death, My life is looking brighter than I could have ever hoped for. Not that I won't have bad days, but I Will Survive! That was the legacy My Mum truly wanted to pass down to me, Survival. And indeed she did. Thank You Mum, and thank you everyone who has helped me along the way, in any way shape or form, thanks also to those who haven't had the chance to help, but will in the future. Thank you. May Mum Rest In Peace.

Goodnight,
Tim
Last edited by Zoddn Drak on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Henhenetti

Re: Mega Hug needed....

Post by Henhenetti » Wed May 07, 2008 12:55 am

Zoddn Drak wrote:My mom died about 5 hours ago, pray for me and mine, if you would, and send as many blessings as possible. I need it, thank you. :smt010

Tim
I am so sorry to hear this sad news.  I lost my own Mother not to long back~ I'll pray very hard for you and your family, and I'll pray for as many blessings as the Lord will send to you.  May God be with you through these hard times and give you the strength that you will need.

Return to “The Hug Exchange”