my father passed away

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Callie

my father passed away

Post by Callie » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:21 am

My dad died a few weeks ago, and before the was fighting for his life in the hospital for over two months. I sat by his bed side the whole time. I needed him to feel my strength, and to know that I still needed him.

As I write this the tears are still coming, because he died to soon. There wasn't enough time to tell him everything. But I know when he died, he knew I loved him very much. I miss him very much, and wish that all the time wasted could be given back.

Callie

spygrrl007

Post by spygrrl007 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:14 pm

Oh my..... I am sorry for your loss!!!

I can understand where you are coming from- my dad has 6 months left- I ahve been caring for him 2 yrs now...

It is so hard to lose "daddy".... my thoughts and prayers are with you.

He will visit yuo in your dreams if you ask him to... he is not far away from you!!

love & blessings,
-tanya
aka: spy

Doe

Post by Doe » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:35 pm

But I know when he died, he knew I loved him very much.
That's all he needed to know.  It means he'll be OK.  So many people pass on without that; your father is blessed in having had it from you.

You'll be OK, too--it will just take time to grieve, so give yourself that time.

And I agree with Tanya--he's not far away, and he will hear you if you speak to him.  You still have the chance to tell him the few things you didn't get the chance to tell him before.

Take good care of yourself,

Doe

George

Re: my father passed away

Post by George » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:35 pm

Callie wrote:My dad died a few weeks ago, and before the was fighting for his life in the hospital for over two months. I sat by his bed side the whole time. I needed him to feel my strength, and to know that I still needed him.

As I write this the tears are still coming, because he died to soon. There wasn't enough time to tell him everything. But I know when he died, he knew I loved him very much. I miss him very much, and wish that all the time wasted could be given back.

Callie
Super big hug from me about your lose.  lost my mother back in December 15  and the 3rd of sept was her birthday and i just know how hard it is!  i just want to say sorry and all the positive energy i can send your way is on the way.

:smt006

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:30 am

so sorry to hear of your loss..take comfort in knowing he is still with you in spirit..

Callie

THANK YOU

Post by Callie » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:58 am

I want to say Thank you to every one. I have been away from the boards for so long, and I feel lost in a lot of ways. I just can't get my bearings.

Calie

harvina

Post by harvina » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:53 pm

hi calie,

my deepet condolences to you. I lost my dad a few years back and I can imagine what you are going through. Pls take care and be strong. Its ok to grieve and feel lost...

Psychic Chef

Post by Psychic Chef » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:57 pm

Hi Callie
Your father hasnt gone far from you as he now watches over you at night.
You neednt worry about lost time you cant get back or love lots in transition. He sees the whole picture now that he is free from the ravages of his eathly body.
have you noticed the little things that are being moved around the house, like your keys being moved or have the lights in the house played up.
You will find he listens to you during the quiet times you have during the day and evenings.
You can talk to him when ever you like, you just have to talk and he will be there to hear you.
It will help you find aceptance of the now that you need to live in for a while.

Cheers Pete

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:52 pm

sweetie here is a huge hug..... my deepest condolences to you and your family... may he rest in peace...he will always be your guardian angel watching over you....much love and huggies :smt007

rocky619

Post by rocky619 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:29 pm

a big hug to you..dont worry ...your dad is in heaven now and watching you from there....atleast you got to spend so many years with your dad.. my dad died when i was 5 year old ..i didnt spend alot of time with him ..i hardly have his few memories with me.

Boguslaw

Post by Boguslaw » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:39 pm

Your pain is totally understandable. Think of him often as if you are supposed to see him one day! I pray for you. Try to read the Bible about it! Listen to the silence when alone.
Big hug!

Return to “The Hug Exchange”