The Issue with Issues

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Bitter Waters

The Issue with Issues

Post by Bitter Waters » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:24 am

My third post here and I post it here, go fig.  

So, I've suffered from depression (offically) for the past few years, though in truth it's been since I was very young.  Sometimes I can deal.  I do a lot of meditating to help but lately, even that hasn't helped.  Went to the doctor and was put on meds that don't work.  Can't go back to get better stuff because I have no money because I have no job which just adds on to my low feelings.

To make things even better, one of my cats is sick.  My little Sassy has a gland that keeps filling with fluid and the operation (if they can't get it to go down) is nearly a thousand dollars.  I can't afford fifty for meds for myself, let alone a grand for here.  And she's one of my babies.  She's only seven months old.  I worry about here and if she'll be okay.  I don't want to lose her.  Everything in me believes that she came to us because she belongs with us.  To lose her would kill my mother and I and probably devasate my other cat, Sweetie.
(yes, I know my cats' names are Sweet and Sassy.  It wasn't done on purpose either)

Okay, enough rambling.  thanks for listening

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:23 pm

sweetie here is a huge hug....much love and huggies :smt007

PrettySiren

Post by PrettySiren » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:41 pm

It's always tough when a pet is ill, because you feel so helpless. To many people (as it should be, in my opinion), it feels as though a beloved family member is ill, which makes it that much difficult. And you're faced with a difficult situation: you have to help yourself AND Sassy at the same time.

Having been recently jobless, I hope I can give some insight into your situation on that front. In your community, there are probably places to go for help that they can give for free or at a reduced rate. Don't think of it as charity. After all, you are a valued member of society and DESERVE help when you need it. They even have these places in my Nowheresville town of Alabama, so you should be able to find one somewhere in your province (I noticed you were Canadian).

Also, if I am correct in assuming your part of Canada has a Wal-mart, look into what's known here as the $4 medicine plan (it may be known as something else there, but I *think* they should have an equivalent in Canada). Here, it's where certain generic drugs are only $4. That's how I get my Zoloft -- and many of my friends without insurance purposely request anti-depressants and antibiotics that are on that plan so that they can afford them. And if you were able to find this kind of help where you live, you could give more financial support to Sassy, which hopefully takes some of the burden off of you.

I pray that you and Sassy both feel well very soon!

Best wishes and *hugs*,
Carrie

grrrlriot

Post by grrrlriot » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:26 pm

*gives hug*

Return to “The Hug Exchange”