Long distance relationships for childhood sweethearts? help

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

running_free

Long distance relationships for childhood sweethearts? help

Post by running_free » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:21 pm

Well first of all, hello everyone!! As usual problems occur and I need help/advice...

I am now 24. Since the age of about 11 I have been very good friends with a male, there has always been a connection but due to our age/circumstances nothing ever came of it. we used to write letters to each other and everything, so romantic looking back!! We have not seen each other for a couple of years and recently met up. It was amazing. The connection is unbelievable. Everything is perfect except...he is studying miles away(about 5 hours travel). We both feel upset because circumstances are against us again and we have both waited years for this. He is back in easter hols, and every now and again, where we have of course arranged to meet up and see what happens but i dont know what to do. id love nothing more than to be with him, but he is away a lot and everything. its also only because, as i say we were childhood sweethearts!!

Although he thinks the world of me and in his own words has said he has waited a long time for this, he is so much more wary about giving it a go than i am, wondering if i will find someone else in that time (no matter how much i reassure him) and just him not being happy at all about the circumstance. I would love to move up to be with him, but I have too much going on here with me and circumstances mean I cant leave so will not be moving up to be with him. I am fully up for giving this a go, but he is much more wary and worried. Looking into it, im not sure if this is just because of him being like his star sign or not! If its any help as well, I am aries and he is taurus. I do not rule my life by star signs at all, I just find it interesting looking about them.

Thank you in advance, I am so confused.
Last edited by running_free on Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ammo

Post by ammo » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:22 pm

I cannot elaborate on the "star signs" thing, I'm not that into astrology but it sounds as though you are rushing into things a bit too quickly. Why would you want to move near him if you do not yet know what type of person he is interpersonally? In my experience, a man can be one person when you are dating (especially long distance) and an entirely different person when you are spending lots of time together. Perhaps this is one of his concerns. The best advice that I can give you is to continue speaking with him, develope an in depth relationship but do not let too much ride on it. When the opportunity arises and you can be with eachother more in person, then you will see who he really is and from there you can make a sound decision for yourself.

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:33 pm

sweetie here is a huge hug....much love and huggies :smt007

Return to “The Hug Exchange”