Icky Day

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ammo

Icky Day

Post by ammo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:53 am

Hi everybody! I'm bugging for hugs again! That infamous ex of mine has really been at it lately. It seems as though he has lost the ability to communicate with me beyond the realms of insults and yelling. I'm telling you, all I want to do is forget this guy and move on (and I'm busting my behind to make that happen). Bad enough we reside in the same apartment but now I have to sit there while he insults, belittles and criticizes me. I of course refuse to respond to that behaviour but oh BOY does it get hard to keep my mouth shut. :S This is becoming too-m-u-c-h  :smt011

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:38 pm

sweetie here is a huge hug....just ignore his behaviour he has no right to insult and yell at you u dont need to take his crap :smt018  ...and u need to look for someplace to live and move on because if u are living with him its going to be harder to go on with your life and stop fighting... i know its hard not to fight back but the more u respond to his ranting the more the fight continues.....keep us posted gd luck....much love and huggies :smt007

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:03 am

I guess no better way than the Royal Ignore Treatment  :) believe me it works :)

Harmonious1

Ohhh shucks a hug from me to you!

Post by Harmonious1 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:24 am

You've always been kind with your words so know that at this time I am thinking of you. What a hell of a situation to be in.  Perhaps you should fast-track the moving out process!!

Take care x

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:12 am

Many hugs for you and some strength to deal with this nasty potty mouthed man,  your doing great not responding and going down to his level.  doesn't mean you can't defend yourself mind you.

Suzi

Nyteshadecreed

Post by Nyteshadecreed » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:39 pm

*huge hugs* Ok I am a bit mean... so in saying that and giving fair warning, I would get a music player and load it up with all my fave toons and then sit on the couch and do your nails for like an hour next time he starts to be a meanie head. Cuz then your sending him the message that your not even going to bother to listen to him when he acts like a petulant child. The only other thing I would do, is simply look at him and say if you don't like being in the same room with me, then go take a walk. *shrugs* I tend to be a bit of a petulant child myself when things make me angry... LOL. *hugz again* that or you can always get on here and type out your frustration to us while he is acting that way... some people think twice when they know someone else will learn about the offending behavior.

Lots of light, love, and blessings just for you!!
                                                                    Nyte

cedars
Tarot reader

Post by cedars » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:01 pm

I like Nyte's suggestions... Try it and ignoring someone gives the worse impact than responding to them.

Try it and here's a big hug from me too.

ammo

Post by ammo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:43 am

Thanks for giving me so much support everyone all of your advice is helping me tremendously. I'm so over this situation it's like I get sick and tired having to think about it and talk about it already. If I weren't here I wouldn't even give him a second thought. I've been ignoring him and it has made him quite upset :D which doesn't bother me. I really made an effort to make things nice and calm while we go our seperate ways but now I see he has emotional issues and I just have to avoid him. Warding off my bitterness towards him is kind of draining me so I make an effort to not be around as much as possible. Thanks again for listening to me complain my rear off...sometimes there is no better solution for me than to talk things to death although it annoys everyone.

hugs and kisses to everyone
:)

Return to “The Hug Exchange”