Deployment Blues

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

MadCookie

Deployment Blues

Post by MadCookie » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:56 am

I'm a soldier currently in Iraq. I don't know if I will ever be my old self again. The pain, the isolation, the deception of my leaders have been my spirit. I no longer am happy like I used to be. I miss my family and wonder if I can ever been happy with them again now that I have what's called PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). I'm getting married soon and I should be happy but I'm not.

I hope I can break out of this sad cycle.

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:06 pm

Oh {{{{{{{{{MadCookie}}}}}}}}}}  sending you much love and light and wrapping you in angel wings of protection.  You will recover, honest you will, think positive my friend, stay smart and smile even when you feel like crying. Things will improve for you :)

sidchowdary

Post by sidchowdary » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:43 pm

have all the love in the world dont feel lonely

ammo

Post by ammo » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:13 am

Sending you lots of positive energy. We all have difficult circumstances to deal with sooner or later, we can dwell and feel blue (I done my share of that!) or we can muster up the energy and courage to turn it into a positive, the latter requiring much more strength from you. Hopefully you have access to a counselor or good friend so that you can share your feelings with someone who is understanding. Congratulations on your wedding! Do not let anything overshadow your special day dear, you owe it to yourself. And if you ever want, feel more than welcome to pm me for a chat. Many blessings.

Mike Voyce

Admiration

Post by Mike Voyce » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:19 pm

You have the physical strength and fitness, the discipline and courage I don't have.

In the Second World War, in my father's generation, such things were normal and general matters of survival.
Today these qualities are exceptional.

Forgive yourself if you find this life stressful, it must be.

I notice my father's generation didn't speak of these things. The modern advice is do so.

It is difficult to counsel on what I have not experienced but there are others who you can respect who will listen with empathy and understanding.

Have you noticed that the generals have started to speak out against their political masters?

Both inside and outside the army there are opportunities, not least to help people like yourself, and to help people like me to understand.

Good luck

Mike

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:06 pm

sweetie here is a huge hug...much love and huggies :smt007

Return to “The Hug Exchange”