No Go Job

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

freda

No Go Job

Post by freda » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:59 pm

What am I really doing wrong exept to have said no to higher positions when I was not ready!  Does that mean I forever said no?  I need a hug for crying over spilt milk.....
Fredas%Love&Light

Songstress

Post by Songstress » Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:29 pm

*hugs*

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:26 pm

sweetie here is a huge hug...much love and huggies :smt007

goddreaming

yep

Post by goddreaming » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:16 pm

I know the feeling, I've worked in a dead end job before.

I used to work for a steel company and I did a damn fine job I must say.  I asked about promotion from the word go.  I was told to wait 3 months for the trial period to end and ask again.  I did.  Nothing happened.  I worked harder, much harder, I grew to know every brand of steel, every corner of the warehouse, every speck of dust.

I seriously mean every speck of dust, from dirt from truck tires to the different types of steel dust from rust to molten steel dust from cutting saws to steel shavings from different types of cutting saws.  I could operate every machine and perfected working with safety equipment to the standard that from the moment a customer asked for a piece of steel to the point they drove off I was operating at double the speed of anyone else.  I lifted on average 5 tons of steel every day, sometimes carrying 80kg bars of steel by myself because everyone else was busy or too fn lazy to help.  I didn't have a ticket for the overhead cranes but was told I didn't need it when I started, so I was an expert with them, then safety inspectors came in and from then on we all had to wear safety helmets and ask the guys with crane tickets to do all the craning for us, so I worked with that and around it carrying even more steel because I was pissed off that the customer often had to wait an hour or more for a single order because the crane operators were busy with orders.  I was more organized and better coordinated than the boss.  Still no promotion, and the pay wasn't warehouse standard either because it was a steel supermarket so we all got supermarket wages which meant we lost out on $5 an hour.  Still I worked hard.  When it wasn't busy I continued to work as hard as ever sweeping the floor which was three times or more the size of a basketball court (which is how I got to know all the types of dust and where they were located).

Anyway, this is more a story of a deadend job than about not being promoted...

It got to the point one day where I had had enough.  It was a public holiday on the friday and they told us we would all be paid on the thursday.  That didn't happen and I couldn't pay my rent on time.  That was the last straw for me, so I walked out at lunch and didn't turn up until thursday the next week.  I turned up ready to work even though I knew what would happen.  I had to wait an hour for the boss to come in and I told him what I thought of the company and why I did what I did.  Still no promotion, instead he fired me.  I spent the next hour saying goodbye to all the friends I made there and went home.

That's my little bit** about that.

Stephen.
goddreaming.blogspot.com
moneyforacause.blogspot.com

Zephina

Post by Zephina » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:48 am

Hi Freda

Hugs to you.

I totally empathise with  with the 'no go job' feeling.

Since finishing college a few years ago I've had two jobs that that failed to provide opportunties for progression as well as being totally mind numbing.

I hope your talents are given the recognition they deserve and a wonderful opportunity comes your way very soon :)

Scorpion08

Post by Scorpion08 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:12 pm

Hello ... I hope you have got over the spilt milk ... :p
Big hugs to you.
Hope everything is right back on track for you again.
All the best ...

hack

Post by hack » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:47 am

hug hug u* while thinking of my own situation sob sob*

heruthegreat

Post by heruthegreat » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:14 pm

hugs
i need a job

grandduke

Post by grandduke » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:28 am

Hugs for everyone here,

This is a nice place to voice out your office problem, but I do really hope that everything and everyone would turn out fine if not better than the last time they visited....peace out.

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:39 am

don't cry, don't cry. here's a hug for you.
I'm weird

misty sur

Post by misty sur » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:39 am

a big hug from me.
Have fun, have faith in yourself and always have the best food!

misty sur

Post by misty sur » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:36 am

it'll be over soon.

Return to “The Hug Exchange”