Out of Work

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ombra

Out of Work

Post by ombra » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to this board and just wanted to say hi, first off. I am in a real bind because I quit my job a few weeks ago, I wasn't making enough. I thought getting a new job would be a sinch but it's been a month and it is beginning to get to me. I am used to being busy from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep and I feel really useless not doing much of anything. Anyways, I know it's probably a common thing to go through nowadays but I can't help but feel really defeated and broken over it.

caithiggs

Post by caithiggs » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:56 am

Finding a job is always hard! Unfortunately it's also hard to occupy your time when you don't have money too. It sadly is common, but commonality never makes things easy, does it? Well I know the feeling. It's one of those situations where all you can do is tell yourself, "this too shall pass". And you have to have patience and really talk yourself up to get yourself out there in the working world again. It's unfortunately a lot to do with luck, landing a job! You just have to keep trying until the right moment comes about. Hope you get one soon!

ombra

Post by ombra » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:02 pm

Got a new job and although it's not the one I wanted, it's better than doing nothing all day long. Hoping the economy improves significantly so that the right job becomes available. Wishing luck to anyone experiencing something simillar.

Return to “The Hug Exchange”