I really need a HUG

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

lbrown3951

I really need a HUG

Post by lbrown3951 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:56 am

:smt010

I feel so alone these past few years-

Husband lost job in May 2005- I lost my good paying job April 2006.

I was able to get a job that pays minimum wage $6.95 hr in October 2006.

Husband still  has no paying job.

We apply for jobs, go on interviews and still no job

I know we will end up loosing our home soon as the mortgage payments are over $1200.00 a month and my income is only $800.00 a month after taxes. My husband has 0 income before taxes.

I fear being homeless after working all our lives only to loose our jobs in our 50's - 10 years short of retiring and drawing SS benefits---

Really Sucks to be US! :smt010

I really need a HUG!

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:06 am

Come to grandpa...I shall give you a great and warm hug or two!
I know your situation isn't an easy one....I feel the economic troll each day...and it is our handcuffs ....try to look for anything positive (hard...but the other option is doom)

If you are able....try to change home when you still are in "lead", that gives best outcome...if you goes "bankrupt" everything goes....feeling with you!

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:08 am

Hi,

Sorry to hear its still a difficult jam that your in.  I understand oh so well how the simple dollar does not stretch far enough.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{big Hugs to you and your family }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Nicole

Post by Nicole » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:29 am

My prayers and thoughta are with you and your loves ones..
Very sorry to here this, saddens me also it really does..
Times like this I wished I was rich to help other in need...
Keep praying sweetie.. It does help~!!  :)

((( lbrown3951 )))

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:49 pm

sweetie here is a huge huge hug for u ill pray everything will be alright.

angel2007

Post by angel2007 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:55 pm

I hope things work out and become easier for you,

Heres some hope hugs!!

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:17 pm

a big hug to u lbrown3951, everything will work out fine soon, ur husband will get a good paying job & u too.

Mlady Raka

Post by Mlady Raka » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:44 pm

Dear Ms Brown,

I really understand how you feel....  But sometimes we don't see the forest because of the trees....

If I was in your shoes, this is what I would do....

I would contact a Nature Reserve or an organisation who looks for volunteers to work with animals or in a Nature Reserve.  I know in South Africa one could apply at the Kruger National Park where one could do a job such as House keeper, making sure staff clean guest accomodations.  Hubby could work with animals if he is physically fit, even if it is just physical assistance to Game Wardens...  Or perhaps he could do general maintenance....  Is he handy with his hands?

These places normally would provide you with a place to live and the accomodation is not bad at all (in South Africa that is)...perhaps you could find out in your area if someone has a game ranch or something similar and need extra hands there...

Then it is just a matter of you providing for your own food and other essentials.  Sometimes they even provide meals.  This could be an adventurous part of your lives.  What about a Holiday Cruiser.  You could perhaps both find work on one of those as supervisors, or whatever you have qualifications for and many of these cruise liners  are looking for well presented mature people whom they can trust to get the job done.  You would have work and as a bonus perhaps even see the world.

Do you have family other than your husband?  Perhaps one of them could put you in contact with someone who needs your or your husband's skills....

Another idea is to start something in your area like "Rent a Grandpa" or "Rent a Grandma"...  You could offer to babysit for couples who have to work, and they pay may be not huge, but it would help fill up the coffers....

Just a few suggestions....and here's  a big (((((((((((HUG))))))))))) for you

love and rainbows

Raka

susanna

Post by susanna » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:42 pm

I pray for you to overcome this difficulty.

Everyone has bad storms in this life that we have to get through. Be strong and everything will work out.

Pray for guidance and strength.

love and peace

Namaste,

Susanna

Ldmer

Post by Ldmer » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:20 pm

LBrown,
Major hugs for you!!  Isnt life strange sometimes.  I dont know if this will help but in 1998 I was the breadwinner in my family.  I was in a car accident and lost my job, benefits, and self esteem.  We too went through major hardships and depression set in.  I decided to go to counseling and she reminded me that it could be worse.  I hated hearing it at the time but she kept telling me there is a reason for everything.  In that period of time we found ways to scrimp and pinch.  I called all our credit cards and such that we owed bills to.  Believe me if they feel you will go the extra mile they will work with you.  It is much more expensive for them to let you go bankrupt than it is to lower your bill amounts.  Needless to say, I found that I had lost all touch with my boys.  One was in Middle School and the other in elementary at the time.  I was so busy working that I missed out on them.  What a joy now to say that things are much better.  I started volunteering which led into financial gains for me.  I gave rides to seniors for their appointments and wound up with a job I loved and my kids worked with me.  What Im trying to say is Dont Give up Hope!  God will answer your prayers.  It may seem sometimes like he is not looking but he is!  I will keep you in my prayers.  Many, many hugs!  Leisa

khb21603

{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

Post by khb21603 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:05 pm

lbrown,

SO, Sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time. I know it's tough, but you have to hang in there. Your hubby will find something sooner or later. I have been in your shoes, and I know it's hard, but keep your chin up and a smile on your face. Things will get better.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

angelmama

SCARED AND WORRIED

Post by angelmama » Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:56 am

I can relate...this week in court my abusive ex who is unable to parent and has previously abused our children and I has been granted extended unsupervised access with overnights eventually. Our 2 oldest are in foster care.They are treating me like I'm the bad parent for speaking up to protect my kids and he is such an ass (pardon my french). To top it off, he has it arranged so that his access is so extended that for me to see the 2 children who are in foster care on holidays or any other time, I will have to join him on his visits...he is using the visits to try and bring us back together as a family. I am worried, I am scared and feeling revictimized all over again. He is expecting me to help him so he can manage the children and the courts will consider him for custody. In other words, he would give no input, I would end up doing the whole parenting and responsibility like I have always had to, while he would get full credit, and I remained still as the bad guy. To top it off, our daughter he abused the worst lied to the courts and said he never did what she told me he did to her and said I gave her a horrible life and ignored her. Man, I don't need a hug, I need a shot gun!, however a hug is probably the more sensible approach. I am hoping he will end up back on supervised limited access and that the truth will finally be seen.  Needless to say his mind games and manipulation has affected everyone, and the close relationship I once had with my daughters has been destroyed. My faith and trust in people has been badly shaken and I'm not sure I will ever get over what has happened.
TL

Sialei

Post by Sialei » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 am

*wipes the tears from your eyes*

Mate huggggs...feel for you HARD! You will come out of this on top...Hang in there

Godbless ya

khb21603

Stand strong and tough.

Post by khb21603 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:06 pm

Angelmama,

sounds like you need a big hug. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Stand strong and be tough, don't let him win control over the situation. I have deal with and ex who drives me totally nuts at times. He was very minulative and told me that sine he couldn't have me no one would and that he was going to make my life a living hell. He sure has tired. He is such a jerk. Just hang in there. life just sucks sometimes, but it will make you stronger and more determined to make things right with the kids.

God Bless!

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:24 pm

Yeah thats a hard story and all to common sadly.  Stay strong and feel free to come AND GET A HUG ANY TIME!

Suzi

Return to “The Hug Exchange”