I really need a HUG

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Beaujolais

Post by Beaujolais » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:01 pm

This is an extremely difficult situation but God bless your courage and commitment to find work.  Never give up!  I know with your dedication and persistence you will find something out there.  As some of the people here have said, it might be a great option to do some work that you normally wouldn't think of...something completely different.  I hope you have some assistance in your living circumstances, and maybe be shortlisted for emergency housing in the government assisted housing trust board if possible- I also find that cold canvassing is a great way to find employment as many jobs are not advertised and you might walk in a place at exactly the right time.  Maybe get a professional to check your resume or curriculum vitae and get some tips on how to address job interviews.  You don't have to pay money, just go to the library and find books on interview skills and maybe someone in social security or a government assisted job agency can make your resume look ultra professional.  Stay strong and smile because a positive attitude will make you a winner (as hard as it is) and yes, I know it takes a lot out of you - maybe talk to your community church reverend, or anyone else who is willing to give you a hand.  My prayers are with you and may the path ahead be easy, prosperous and peaceful for you both. ((Hugs))

angelmama

SAGA CONTINUES

Post by angelmama » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:18 pm

Well, now that the abusive ex has gone and gotten his unsupervised access to the kids after he's abused them, I now find out that he and his parents have filed for our divorce and I am bracing myself. He is on a mission to destroy me and even though I did not take steps to have him removed from the house so it could be sold since he had no place to go, in all likelihood he is going to try and take the house and come after me for money he provided to help out with the kids when he was not paying child support. I cannot get a lawyer but his parents have provided him with a high paying one, so I'll represent myself for this as well.  I keep hoping he will get it back in spades but I'm not holding my breath.

Mysticaltravlr

Post by Mysticaltravlr » Tue May 01, 2007 5:34 pm

I am sending a BIG HUG to you.  I hope things get better.

VampiraVali

Handing out hugs ( U )

Post by VampiraVali » Wed May 02, 2007 2:08 am

:smt006

I'm handing out hugs, you get two!

VampiraVali

I need a hug

Post by VampiraVali » Wed May 02, 2007 2:16 am

I got pulled over for a driving under the influence, I blew a .04, I live in Shasta County, California
I was so nervous when the cop pulled me over, I was speeding a little like 5mph over the limit.
I don't have money for a attorney, I didn't get a speeding ticket tho...

ARRG

I had two beers with lunch!
I'm over weight,
I couldn't pass the balance test
because I'm fat & have water retention and it hurt to stand!

What do I do?

flight _of_angelwings

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Wed May 02, 2007 11:09 am

If your balance is always compromised due to your condition then it would be worth seeking a medical opinion and it may be possible to even get a pardon from having to do the test in the future if this will always be the case.  Then it may be possible to look into the fine side of things and see if your doctor can back up your claim and if not then take it from there.  I'm in Australia so I dont know much about your legal system etc
I do feel if your unable to balance appropriately at any time due to pain etc that it is more important to seek medical aid to help you regarding this.  It would be horrible if your lack of balance caused a nasty fall in the future.  It will also cancel out any other factors and put your mind at rest.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

christianevanessa

Post by christianevanessa » Wed May 02, 2007 5:46 pm

here is a big hug from me to you! I wish you lots of luck! Try not to despair, put it into God's hands. If you ask God to take your burdens from you, it will happen -TRUST!

joylynne

Post by joylynne » Fri May 04, 2007 7:50 pm

:smt006

:smt054

lots of hugs, healing, love, and light being sent your way xxxxxxxxxxx

Amelia Machray

Post by Amelia Machray » Sun May 06, 2007 8:17 am

Hope everything turns out well for you. I believe in thinking on the positive side of everything and that by doing so everything will turn out well.

I know this may be hard to do at times. Financial problem are always a strain on anyone that  encounters them. But stay positive and i am sure your husband will find a job soon.

Big Hugs Amelia

moosborne

could you take in a paying tenant/lodger?

Post by moosborne » Sun May 06, 2007 1:22 pm

is what I am wondering in order to be able to make the mortgage payments?
Do you have any spare rooms for this?
Or is there some kind of work your husband could do from home like maybe looking after people's dogs when they are at work/dog walking generally?
I am paying someone to do this for me at the moment on days when my health is not so good and when I need someone to look after my dog when I go away on holiday etc.
Could you downsize to a smaller property with a smaller repayment plan on your mortgage?
There IS a solution out there!

Mo

jeetudhade

Post by jeetudhade » Tue May 08, 2007 11:05 am

a big hug

BamaMystic

Post by BamaMystic » Wed May 09, 2007 5:41 pm

I understand the "sucks" mentality and send you a great big hug{{{{{hugs}}}}}. I totally get what you are saying about jobs these days, they are very hard to come by no matter what your age or education unless it pays min. wage. That is one yes just one of my pet peeves these days regarding the state of affairs this country is in.

Try to find the positive wherever you can. Way I did, and still do, is to relate my current financial situation and home to the living conditions say to those is Darfur. So my situation, and yours, may very well suck but we are doing better off than some of the others in the world :)

lunarcraft

BIG hug

Post by lunarcraft » Thu May 17, 2007 6:38 pm

I have just read your plea and am sending you a HUGE hug by return - I will pray that your situation improves in the very near future.

Brightest blessings

Sarah

Oldfartcoza

Can this help?

Post by Oldfartcoza » Sun May 20, 2007 2:59 pm

lbrown, give this a shot: if you do not own a camera, with everyone turning to digital, you should be able to pick up a good 35mm SLR quite cheaply. SLR means "Single Lens Reflex" - the viewer is directed through the lens, so that you see exactly what you are taking: this is very important. You should also get one with a built-in light meter. User manuals are usually available on the Internet. Then, download this PDF file: http://www.aboriginemundi.com/stock/www ... rStock.pdf. This link is "live", so just click on it. You will need the Adobe Acrobat reader to view the file. You can get a free copy at www.adobe.com/acrobat. It will tell you how to take "stock" photographs.  Go to the aboriginemundi website http://www.aboriginemundi.com/ for examples of stock photographs. They can be taken anywhere, at any time, so your husband can just walk around and shoot. As long as he has his themes worked out and uses appropriate key words, he can post them on the internet and if he has a good eye for composition, there is no reason that he shouild not earn at least something.
That's the best I can do at the moment.
Oh .. and here's a big, warm, comforting hug for you.
Love.
Old Fart.

fallenangel

Post by fallenangel » Mon May 21, 2007 12:01 pm

I'm so sorry about that. Here's a hug from me >:D<

Please try to do some affirmations that everything will be alright . You can be on the path of positive thinking and get out of debt in no time. Just think that whatever man needs, god provides, so do not be scared, do not be fearful, for the universe provides us with what we need. Just do whatever you can, and you will be in the right track. :)

Return to “The Hug Exchange”