I need a hug and a slap in my face for letting myself feel down

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sonicpixie420

Post by sonicpixie420 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:01 am

Hey, Patt!
I'm curious - where are you from? I see you're from Europe and you mentioned an economic crisis so you can be anywhere in eastern Europe, right?
I'm from Croatia and I'm also unemployed and I know how it feels like....it's not just about having no money of your own, but I also feel very useless at times.
My advice to you - until you find a regular job....find volunteer work anywhere you can - interest groups, NGOs. It will make you feel useful and good and you'd be helping somebody. I did volinteer work with children with cerebral palsy for years and became so good at it they even started paying me a little!

_Patt_

Post by _Patt_ » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:29 am

pirbid wrote::smt056 Never alone for a moment, as long as we are around. I never thought I would see you down, you are always so cheery!

I see you have already received so much sound advice that I am going to take some of it myself. Meanwhile, look up, you are so young, as you say. In a few years time you will be looking back at this and wondering how you could have felt so down.

Cheer up, sweety!  :smt020

Thanks! I'm so glad to meet you all, indeed I'm never alone. :)
I try always to see the good things in everything and to think positive, but sometimes I get tired when I don't see anything changing...
Yes lol, I believe also in some time everything will be much better, it has to be right?  :)

_Patt_

Post by _Patt_ » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:36 am

sonicpixie420 wrote:Hey, Patt!
I'm curious - where are you from? I see you're from Europe and you mentioned an economic crisis so you can be anywhere in eastern Europe, right?
I'm from Croatia and I'm also unemployed and I know how it feels like....it's not just about having no money of your own, but I also feel very useless at times.
My advice to you - until you find a regular job....find volunteer work anywhere you can - interest groups, NGOs. It will make you feel useful and good and you'd be helping somebody. I did volinteer work with children with cerebral palsy for years and became so good at it they even started paying me a little!

No, I'm in western Europe. I'm from Portugal :).
I already went to volunteer at hospital here, but January and February are just for the applications... they just call me on March now... (see how frustating the system is lol..)

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:53 pm

:) Oh, you are a neighbor, then, Patt. I was born in Madrid, even though I have been living in these islands off the African coast for more than ten years and I would not change them for the world.

I visited your beautiful country a few years ago, but we only had the time to see El Algarve. We will be back, though, I am sure.

I hope things work out for you. The Public Health admin. must be terrible all over: here, one can die from natural causes long before you are due for your "urgent" operation  :smt009

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:38 pm

_Patt_ wrote:Oh my God... taraprincess, dhav, suzy God bless you...

Taraprincess thanks for your words and for everything, they really mean a lot to me...you made tears on my eyes, thank you for all your trust on me... suzy thanks also dear.

dhav you are so right, you also understand me very well...and tourbi said the key for this to change... I don't know what else to say to you dhav then thanks my friend...

All your words make me feel better and give me strengh to never give up as Rhuto said before. Sorry for not say anything else than thanks, but everyone words just make me think and loose words... One thing more I have to thank God, is for having you all as my friends, because in my heart you are.

A big hug to all of you (yeah I like to give not only receive hehe lol =) )
u are more then welcome sweetie...u are a sweet girl and u deserve the best...and im honored to be your friend... ill always be here for u...much love and huggies :smt007

_Patt_

Post by _Patt_ » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:06 pm

pirbid wrote::) Oh, you are a neighbor, then, Patt. I was born in Madrid, even though I have been living in these islands off the African coast for more than ten years and I would not change them for the world.

I visited your beautiful country a few years ago, but we only had the time to see El Algarve. We will be back, though, I am sure.

I hope things work out for you. The Public Health admin. must be terrible all over: here, one can die from natural causes long before you are due for your "urgent" operation  :smt009

Oh so nice, we are neighbors! Do you believe I never noticed you were from Caraibas? I'm so distracted sometimes lol...
Oh yes, Algarve has nice beachs, where have you been? Vilamoura? Faro? Lagoa? I'm in the north of Portugal and it's pretty here too, also nice beachs. You can find a little of everything in my country depending on the zone  :smt005. I want to go to your island one day, I love sunny places =).

And yeah...here too...long lists on the hospitals, it's better but still takes a lot of time for some people...

_Patt_

Post by _Patt_ » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:12 pm

"u are more then welcome sweetie...u are a sweet girl and u deserve the best...and im honored to be your friend... ill always be here for u...much love and huggies"

aww tprincess, the honor is mine to also have you as my friend. Anything you can always talk with me and count on me dear. I'll always do my best to help as I already do. ;)  Biiiiiiiig hug :D

sonicpixie420

Post by sonicpixie420 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:04 pm

_Patt_ wrote:

No, I'm in western Europe. I'm from Portugal :).
I already went to volunteer at hospital here, but January and February are just for the applications... they just call me on March now... (see how frustating the system is lol..)

NGOs (non-government organizations )may be a better choice, they can get a lot of good work done and you can choose the area of interest that you like the most (ecology, children, disabled people, old people, youth subculture, etc....)

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:11 pm

_Patt_ wrote:"u are more then welcome sweetie...u are a sweet girl and u deserve the best...and im honored to be your friend... ill always be here for u...much love and huggies"

aww tprincess, the honor is mine to also have you as my friend. Anything you can always talk with me and count on me dear. I'll always do my best to help as I already do. ;)  Biiiiiiiig hug :D
thank u so much sweetie... u are a gd and wonderful person and im glad i have a new lovely friend... much love and huggies :smt007

Betrayed

Post by Betrayed » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:22 pm

I think you should try seeking for a job. It may be difficult, but some sort of income would be better than nothing.

With a bit of money, there's a bit a retail therapy to make you happy(well if it works for you that is).

*pats you on the head*

I'm somewhat stuck in the same situation, but I'm trying my best to be positive(excessive venting included). :D

You should be ok. Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! *cough* *pats you once more*

_Patt_

Post by _Patt_ » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:31 pm

An update:

I found something that I would like to study......but my parents doesn't support me and just throw at my face my mistakes. I know money is not much but as always government gives support with college expenses but my father is not willing to bother himself to do the proper moves for me to get it... His words "I'm disapponted with you". Lol. I never received any compliments from my parents, just cristics. Critics they are the first ones to say about me, compliments never heard I sware...(yes I'm only child but an unwated one maybe lol) since my grandparents died when I was 12 I lost everything I think....

My father just says "I'm a disappointment for him". Oh well, I'm tired to know this from my parents lol. But I'm here also to say that I probably won't be online tomorrow... I don't know, tomorrow I'm going out of the house, I don't even know if I'll have lunch at home with my mother and disappear since morning. I need to be alone and I cannot stand look at them because after all that happened to me, instead of them supporting me and help me, no, they accuse me, blame, criticise me...evrything that I don't need specially from them...my parents....

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:55 pm

My dear.
Please know that it is about them, not you.  You are a delight.
I absolutely understand.  
I watched a movie the other day, it had Rita Moreno in it, Resurrection, the 1999 version.  It's about a woman who was in a car accident with  her husband.  He died.  She was diagnosed never being able to walk again.  Her less than kind mother took her home to live with her.  The injured woman suddenly could see loved ones on the other side and could heal.  She healed herself and went on to be a wonderful healer, very loving, very giving.  
Rita played a neighbor, a bit dingy and very loving and supportive.  When the woman came home unable to walk, Rita said " life has deal you a bowl of lemon, open a lemonade stand"  It was a reminder to recognize that we don't always get what we want, take the energy, the criticism and turn it into the fertilizer to make your life work for you.
You deserve it.  
You can do anything you set your mind to do.  You can be whatever you want.  You parents don't determine your future.  They were the avenue used to bring you to this place in your life.  Now, pick your path and do what you want.  Tell the Universe what you want.  Write down on a piece of paper, in detail just what you want. Then go somewhere where you have privacy and proclaim as loudly as you can, to the Universe and yourself, exactly what you want and KNOW it is so.
Let the Universe bring you what you need and then utilize it for the best in your life.  Be open for detours, unexpected events and be willing to follow where your heart and guides send you.
YOU CAN DO IT!!! I KNOW YOU CAN!!!! Image

_Patt_

Post by _Patt_ » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:03 am

sonic, taraprincess and betrayed sorry for don't reply to your posts before I posted that one, I didn't notice sorry... I'm so blind with this about my parents that I didn't noticed.

sonic thanks for the suggestion, I'll try to gather more information about that organizations, I don't know much about them here.

tara it's a pleasure to be your friend,you are a lovely person too, big hug ((()))
Also thanks betrayed for your advice and for pating Patt's head lol and watch out that cough, don't get a cold lol, I'm joking with you :).

My dear tourbi, thanks I understood the point of mentioning the movie ;) and tomorrow I'm going to that big park where I went last week, (it's a big green space with lakes and ducks, I have a photo in my blog here that I took besides the park is not really visible), I'm going there and I'll follow your advice, I'll claim to the Universe what I want and deserve...
I'm so sad with my parents...They never understood me and I think they might never understand me... I really need them by my side and supporting me as I need to start everything from zero...but I believe they are afraid of me quitting again and don't finish this new graduation I'd like to take. I don't think they trust me or have faith on me, I do believe for them I'm a disappointment as my father said.... Everything that I say I like or I talk, they seem always to disapprove, it's frustating...even my dog seems to understand me more...

You all are angels on Earth, God bless you for your wisdom, light and love.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:03 am

My dear.
There is blood family and there is intentional family.  I decided I wanted intentional family.
The intentional family is always there for me. I love my blood family.  I love and trust my intentional family.

taraprincess

Post by taraprincess » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:06 pm

_Patt_ wrote:sonic, taraprincess and betrayed sorry for don't reply to your posts before I posted that one, I didn't notice sorry... I'm so blind with this about my parents that I didn't noticed.

sonic thanks for the suggestion, I'll try to gather more information about that organizations, I don't know much about them here.

tara it's a pleasure to be your friend,you are a lovely person too, big hug ((()))
Also thanks betrayed for your advice and for pating Patt's head lol and watch out that cough, don't get a cold lol, I'm joking with you :).

My dear tourbi, thanks I understood the point of mentioning the movie ;) and tomorrow I'm going to that big park where I went last week, (it's a big green space with lakes and ducks, I have a photo in my blog here that I took besides the park is not really visible), I'm going there and I'll follow your advice, I'll claim to the Universe what I want and deserve...
I'm so sad with my parents...They never understood me and I think they might never understand me... I really need them by my side and supporting me as I need to start everything from zero...but I believe they are afraid of me quitting again and don't finish this new graduation I'd like to take. I don't think they trust me or have faith on me, I do believe for

them I'm a disappointment as my father said.... Everything that I say I like or I talk, they seem always to disapprove, it's frustating...even my dog seems to understand me more...

You all are angels on Earth, God bless you for your wisdom, light and love.
sweetie its okay...and thank u im so fortunate and glad to be your friend too...u are definitely special...and whatever u want to accomplish in life it will happen for u...and im by your side 110%...stay true to yourself keep your head up and it will all work out...i always have faith in you...much love and huggies :smt007

Return to “The Hug Exchange”