Dad wont accept boyfriend

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

dhav

Post by dhav » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:27 pm

HI Stacers,

It's your Birthday today.I would like to wish you a great Happy Birthday and lots of love and hugs.

Hope you taking the right decision being 18 now.First of all you got to live your life as an 18 year old girl.Don't hasten anything that you may regret in future.The decision of leaving home at this age is not favorable.Once we attain legally adult we think we can do anything and parents can't say aword.Your parents may be right or wrong but this decision is much more favorable when you have matured abit like in 5 years.Maybe in these years things would change and they will also accept your bf. and aslo you would be a nice independent woman.

so all teh best to you.

dhav :smt005

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:10 pm

I really dont think you're parents are being immature they are just worried and protective,yes they shouldnt have done that but sometimes that what parents do to know whats going on.They should respect that part of your life more....If my ex had of smoked pot i bet my dad would have tried to lock me up till i was like 28 or so lol.My mother checked my phone to ......We have all had times when our parents do not agree with what we are doing etc....Even if they are being totally harsh try to be the bigger person and not let it get to you.....In the end it is your life and you have to do what feels right.....But do all you can to keep the peace between your mum and dad because in the end if it didnt go to plan with you and this guy they need to be there to help.....Its a big world out there and when you need someone parents are always there ready to comfort and help in times of need.......My mum,dad and i still have arguments,but im thankful they are like that because i know they are looking out for my best interests....Even tho it doesnt really seem like it......I think i like to feel more grown up than i really am and thats where our heads butt....Like my dad always says...you're not 21 going on 56,i have years on you girl,dont you think i have been thru it before.....Hehe

I wish you all the best,do what you need to but always go about it with a little caution....When families fight its such a sad situation,maybe they will come around one day.

Tamara :o)

lluvia

huuuuge hug

Post by lluvia » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:14 pm

:smt007 lots of hugs n good energy :smt007 lluvia

ladybloodmoon

Post by ladybloodmoon » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:24 am

well i cant really add anything new here everyone has really good advice and i never had issues with my mom she let me make my own mistakes useully telling me before hand that it was a mistake and if i did it anyway she was always there to comfort me but i agree with what the others are saying you don't want to turn away from your parents they sound like they just want whats best for you and parents are only human they make mistakes to so try not to let the fact that your dad did something that he probly shouldn't have like listening to your messages and calling your bf bother you to much. ok i guess i was wrong i did have something to add lol. lots of love and positve energy heres a hug for you to hope things work out for you

Return to “The Hug Exchange”