So Much Grief

Here is the place to share your life's problems and questions, and to offer you possible answers and real, practical solutions. The best place on the internet for all members to exchange general advice, healing and support, and to help each other to get through at least to the next day. No readings will be given on this board.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

mk

Post by mk » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:19 pm

loves and hugs to you dear

ammo

Post by ammo » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:17 am

For a large portion of my life I felt exactly as you described. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm an expert by now on the topics of depression and struggle. Eventually so many bad things happen that it becomes expected in some weird way (for me at least). Whenever I feel those old familliar feelings creeping up on me I try to distract myself with something fun, even if I have to blow off something important because of it. It sounds like crappy advice, I'm sure but in general we have to learn how to be alittle selfish. We can't control the circumstances of life but we can certainly adjust our perspectives to make things alot less stressful.

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:22 am

Always look for and find the gifts in your current situation, to help lift you out of it.  Remember also to be your own best friend first.  Happiness truly does come from within, not without.  Be your life, live your life, happen to your life, instead of letting life happen toand run you over.   Learn and know your strengths, and how amazing your are.  Know it from within, reflect it outward.  Soon it will be apparent to everyone else.  Hugs & Take Care of you.

kybunker

Marquitta

Post by kybunker » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:10 pm

Hi Marquitta
I just wanted to add my 2cents in, I think It might help others also,

Drink LOTS of Water, It helps balance out our bodys, minds and energy,

2nd,, When you are going thru your down days,,, Try to sit for a few minutes and literally see tomorrow, When you see tomorrow in your head,, And if you don't like what you are seeing,,, Add a few things to the picture, Like if you see yourself sitting inside a dark apartment by yourself,, In your vision,, make yourself go open up a window to let the natural light in, Get your makeup on, and see yourself going to the gym, or getting yourself to a park to sit, Feel the sun, on your clothes,
See this as your new tomorrow,
Or even your next hour.
put the tunes on in your head, sing out loud, go out in public and make a fool out out yourself, On Purpose, So that you bring laughter to the spectators,
You're never alone, specially in your deepest moments, You just have to feel the presence of all of us around you,
The internet has made it possible for Humans to feel and connect without the vocal cords, We are back to the basics of communications, Fun Huh!
All my Love
Kelley

Marquitta

Post by Marquitta » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:40 pm

Thank you Kelley that was extremely insightful and helpful not only for this situation but as a jewel of advice for daily living. :D
That was definitely what I needed to hear!

Many blessings to you and I thank you once again! :D

Return to “The Hug Exchange”